ODIS: Rohit vs Kohli

mishra

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

It's scary. If those 3 get out early let's say less than 100, any decent team can best us. They have a great chance to restrict us to 200 and if we're chasing 200 or 220 with those 3 gone, forget about it.  :fear:

Yeah that's what Amir did in that CT final .he was my MOTM for sure ! 

Teams should just device ways to get at least 2 of these 3 out quickly and they'd fold India quickly. England did just that in the final 2 odis ,even kohli's 70 odd wasn't enough 

14 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Against top class bowling line up on a relatively tough pitch , this is the order of trust:

kohli

dhawan

rohit 

What has dhawan done to be considered as better on tough pitches? Don't tell me south african pitches were real tough in odis. In that way i can pick series where kohli failed or dhawan failed and say both have flaws. Everyone can have failures. Those Pitches in SA odis were not helpful like they were in test series. Kohli failed in Aus Home series. Dhawan failed in NZ series so i will say both have flaws? Dhawan in end have just 1 century in SA after scoring runs for fun. If rohit would have been scoring runs for fun in SA it would have been 2 - 3  centuries easily. Rohit should have never been picked in SA Tests where he knew his test career is over and his confidence went down in both odis & t20 series cause of that. 

Edited by Nikola
15 minutes ago, Number said:

Virat is definitely more reliable no doubt about that, more so while chasing.

But people talking about big games and all at least Rohit rescued us in WC QF and was provably our best bat in the SF. 

Kohli has done nothing in big tournaments.

His partnership with Gambhir in 2011wc final won us the trophy. 

43 in 2013CT final in a low scoring game. 

MOS in 2014 WT20. 

MOS in 2016 WT20. 

Rohit is good, very good, but Kohli is way better. 

2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

What has dhawan done to be considered as better on tough pitches? Don't tell me south african pitches were real tough in odis. In that way i can pick series where kohli failed or dhawan failed and say both have flaws. Everyone can have failures. Those Pitches in SA odis were not helpful like they were in test series. Kohli failed in Aus Home series. Dhawan failed in NZ series so i will say both have flaws? Dhawan in end have just 1 century in SA after scoring runs for fun. If rohit would have been scoring runs for fun in SA it would have been 2 - 3  centuries easily. Rohit should have never been picked in SA Tests where he knew his test career is over and his confidence went down in both odis & t20 series cause of that. 

So what's the order then ? 

Kohli 

Dhawan and rohit 

Something like that ?fair enough. 

Rohit never scores runs in saf ,earlier it was Steyn,this time rabada 

16 minutes ago, mishra said:

If Kohli is GOAT then Rohit is GOAT too.

I have allways maintained,  Instead of reading headlines, If you give a thought, Rohit is standout bat for India in odi's.

Just check yesterdays game. Rohit scores 150+ and finsihes the game, But Bunty stooges in media give all credit to Kohli.

India had won the game by the time Kohli was gone. He was the one who went after the bowlers right from the start while Rohit was taking his own time and only increased his strike rate later on. Kohli deserves the MOTM yesterday. 

Just now, Jamadagni said:

His partnership with Gambhir in 2011wc final won us the trophy. 

43 in 2013CT final in a low scoring game. 

MOS in 2014 WT20. 

MOS in 2016 WT20. 

Rohit is good, very good, but Kohli is way better. 

Rohit has scored 50 vs SA in 2007 t20 cup, 30* (of 15) in Finals vs Pakistan.

Has scored more than kohli in CT 2013, WC 2015 & CT 2017. Was Good in 2014 T20. Failed only in 2016 t20 wc i guess.

26 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Obviously Kohli but geeez the numbers are seriously close and it's not like Kohli has done any better than Rohit when it comes to big matches.

At the end of the day, Rohit averages 47 while Kohli does 59. 12 point difference is big. Kohli is miles ahead. 

1 minute ago, Adi BB said:

So what's the order then ? 

Kohli 

Dhawan and rohit 

Something like that ?fair enough. 

Rohit never scores runs in saf ,earlier it was Steyn,this time rabada 

Those 2013 conditions were real though where every one struggled. 2018 Was pretty easy in both ODIs & T20s but failures were never due to conditions this time.

Rohit has scored 50 vs SA in 2007 t20 cup, 30* (of 15) in Finals vs Pakistan.

Has scored more than kohli in CT 2013, WC 2015 & CT 2017. Was Good in 2014 T20. Failed only in 2016 t20 wc i guess.

Kohli was MAN OF THE SERIES in two back to back t20 world cups. Scored in 2013 CT when it mattered the most. 2017 CT, both were good/bad. Its only 2015wc in which Rohit outperformed Kohli. 

4 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

Kohli was MAN OF THE SERIES in two back to back t20 world cups. Scored in 2013 CT when it mattered the most. 2017 CT, both were good/bad. Its only 2015wc in which Rohit outperformed Kohli. 

Yaar, Kohli is god in test too. But its about odis, not t20s. If MoM and MoS were fair, Gambhir should have got MoM in 2011 odi world Cup. Dhoni and his Corporate stooges nicked it from him

Edited by mishra
3 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

CTs & WC both were good. Kohli was on other level in 2016 wc. 2014 I remember kohli performing great and rohit having few good performance. But again this is odi thread.

39 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Against top class bowling line up on a relatively tough pitch , this is the order of trust:

kohli

dhawan

rohit 

As long as Dawan and Rohit are batting, Match is in India's bag.

If Dhawan  gets out, Rohit is batting (Kohli is out or not doesnt matter), I allways feel, he will take us home.

If Rohit is out, Dhawan and Kohli are batting, I allways feel match is in bag.

If Rohit and Kohli , both are out, Dhawan is batting, I feel game is not lost.

If Rohit and Dhawan are out early, I feel game is not lost. Occasionally i feel Kohli will take us home.

Thats how I feel. No matter what. May be I dont watch too many JAMODIs

Edited by mishra
3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

CTs & WC both were good. Kohli was on other level in 2016 wc. 2014 I remember kohli performing great and rohit having few good performance. But again this is odi thread.

In ODIs, Kohli has done well everywhere. Rohit averages, what 20?, in SA. Kohli played two of the greatest knocks played by an Indian in ODIs (133 in Hobart and 183 against Pakistan). Has Rohit played any such knock? 

12 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

In ODIs, Kohli has done well everywhere. Rohit averages, what 20?, in SA. Kohli played two of the greatest knocks played by an Indian in ODIs (133 in Hobart and 183 against Pakistan). Has Rohit played any such knock? 

Rohit has scored 138 vs Aus in MCG where there was bit help for pacers. Starc was on fire got 6 fer too. (Came in 2015 Tri Series where all indian batsman were flop) - Scorecard

Other knock of 150 vs SA. This Came while chasing where pitch got slower and slower as game went on. Batsman were struggling to time and Amla, Dhoni said so in press conference. India Lost that match by just 5 runs. - Scorecard

His Knock of 137 vs BAN. This knock is very underrated from him. We were around 110-115 in 30 overs and Dhawan, Kohli & Rahane went quickly. Same Bangladesh side knocked England out of Worldcup and could have done against us in Quarter-Final but rohit played great knock. - Scorecard 

In Semi finials got real beauty from Johnson in else he was looking settled to score big

Rohit has played many elegant knocks other than this & no one can forget 3 double hundreds. Idk about others but i will even pay to watch him when he is in full flow. Great Entertainer for cricket lover.

Edited by Nikola

Rohit has scored 138 vs Aus in MCG where there was bit help for pacers. Starc was on fire got 6 fer too. (Came in 2015 Tri Series where all indian batsman were flop) - Scorecard

Other knock of 150 vs SA. This Came while chasing where pitch got slower and slower as game went on. Batsman were struggling to time and Amla, Dhoni said so in press conference. India Lost that match by just 5 runs. - Scorecard

His Knock of 137 vs BAN. This knock is very underrated from him. We were around 110-115 in 30 overs and Dhawan, Kohli & Rahane went quickly. Same Bangladesh side knocked england out of worldcup and could have done against india in Quarter-Final. Got real beauty from Johnson in semi final else could have scored big in semi final too. - Scorecard

Rohit has played many elegant knocks other than this & no one can forget 3 double hundreds. Idk about others but i will even pay to watch him when he is in full flow. Great Entertainer for cricket lover.

Kohli played many of such knocks. Just in recent SA series alone, his 160* was better than all above innings. But still nothing beats his 133* and 183. Agree with that knock in QF against Bangladesh. Watched the match live, we would have lost the match if not for his innings. 

3 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

Kohli played many of such knocks. Just in recent SA series alone, his 160* was better than all above innings. But still nothing beats his 133* and 183. Agree with that knock in QF against Bangladesh. Watched the match live, we would have lost the match if not for his innings. 

I wasn't comparing with kohli but saying he has played knocks against good attacks when wickets were falling from other end & when there was pressure.

Edited by Nikola