Sign in to follow this  
mishra

ODIS: Rohit vs Kohli

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

How does that translates to "when it gets tough"?

Tough means when Rohit and Dhawan both are out cheaply. Anything else doesnt suffice tough as in  most other cases, by the time Kohli has walked in, bowling has become toothless. There is nothing but scoreboard pressure.

If anyone can find a stat based on S/R and average for Kohli when both our openers are out cheaply, that will measure how mentally tough Kohli has to be.

And then compare that toughness to someone like Yuvi or MSD , that will give true measure. Offcourse, you need to factor in 300+ score as norm in two new ball cricket.

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Kohli is a Tesla( the highest priced one). Luxury car with loads of utility  and vs Rohit is a Ferrari. A car when you drive is worth it but something you cannot afford for everyday use

Baba, This thread needs your blessings.

Again no comparison

Kohli is way way way better than Rohit. Not even in the same tiers

Kohli is consistent irrespective of pitch, opposiiton, which country etc

Rohit is the opposite. One big not out innings on  a patta wicket followed by 2-3 failures as soon as the pitch does something

It's truly an insult to Kohli to compare him with Rohit who looks like getting out any ball the moment pitch does a little

3 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Again no comparison

Kohli is way way way better than Rohit. Not even in the same tiers

Kohli is consistent irrespective of pitch, opposiiton, which country etc

Rohit is the opposite. One big not out innings on  a patta wicket followed by 2-3 failures as soon as the pitch does something

It's truly an insult to Kohli to compare him with Rohit who looks like getting out any ball the moment pitch does a little

Keep head burried in sand.

I will take a odi team under Rohit any day. Whether Kohli plays or not. Doesnt matter.

Kohli should simply put his head in feet of Rohit and beg for pardon.

Keep head burried in sand.
I will take a odi team under Rohit any day. Whether Kohli plays or not. Doesnt matter.

Kohli should simply put his head in feet of Rohit and beg for pardon.
Why do you think this loss and the getting out of the 2 openers correlated with Dhoni's dropping?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Why do you think this loss and the getting out of the 2 openers correlated with Dhoni's dropping?

If you keep playing politics, How do you think batsmen can concentrate on batting. Probably they both may have had sleepless night. Based on body language, You can easily see Dhawan and Rohit dont talk much with Kohli while batting.

Unlike you I dont have access to inside gossip. But I can make it out. with subtle signals onfield

Edited by mishra

If you keep playing politics, How do you think batsmen can concentrate on batting. Probably they both may have had sleepless night. Based on body language, You can easily see Dhawan and Rohit dont talk much with Kohli while batting.

Unlike you I dont have access to inside gossip. But I can make it out. with subtle signals onfield

I get it but it was Dhoni who was dumped and not Ro and Dhawan .
Yeah I saw that too when I was watching the match when India was bowling.. Dhawan and Ro didn't talk to Kohli much and their relationship seemed to be irreparable.

24 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Kohli these days in odis is on other level but if there is anyone in world who can come near him then surely it's rohit.

If there's one that can challenge Kohli, it's Bairstow. Has been phenomenol as opener. Averages 50+ at a strike rate of 110.

Kohli is far ahead of anyone in ODIs to me, especially since ABD retired.

I think Rohit is clear #2. It is crazy how much he has improved since moved as opener. I think he is even better than Warner as an opener now. Warner has a better SR and is better in the PP, but Rohit scores tons and makes them daddy tons. 

Kohli is scoring 100s at bradmanesque rate in the last 3 years. No disputes there. Also chasing.

But where Rohit scores above Kohli is his big hitting ability. Once he scores a 100 it is almost impossible to stop him and converts into big 100s. He just switches gears and goes into another level altogether. When batting 1st this is a real asset as shown in this match because it single handedly puts the opposition out of the match.

Also the number of sixers he hits.

6 minutes ago, cricadium1 said:

I guess Kohli and Rohit both are great batsmen but no one can beat Sourav Ganguly

In World Cup, Sourav Ganguly is the only Indian player to score a hundred in the knock out stages. Also, he is the only player to win four consecutive Man of the Match awards in ODIs.

Rohit has scored a 100 as well in knockout stage of WCl :hmmmm2:

2 hours ago, cricadium1 said:

I guess Kohli and Rohit both are great batsmen but no one can beat Sourav Ganguly

In World Cup, Sourav Ganguly is the only Indian player to score a hundred in the knock out stages. Also, he is the only player to win four consecutive Man of the Match awards in ODIs.

what ganguly better then kohli?????

10 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Rohit outshines Kohli again!!!!

Whatever people say but I feel Rohit has desire to win the trophy. Sports person know that they have limited time. They should and must win as many trophies as they can.

Kohli Ji is like Aamir Kan of bollywood, He will attend Oscars in hope that he may win it for acting but wont attend Filmfare ceremony to take best actor award. Captain Kohli is never present

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/india-vs-west-indies-rohit-sharma-virat-kohli-become-quickest-pair-to-complete-4000-runs-in-odis-leave-behind-rahul-dravid-and-sourav-ganguly/308190

Kohli and Sharma broke the record of Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly. While Dravid and Ganguly stitched 4000 runs in 80 partnerships, Rohit and Kohli reached the milestone in 66 partnerships. The duo has been in terrific form in the ongoing series and they continued their stellar run at the Greenfield Stadium on Thursday with another superb partnership. 

Before the #INDvsWI odi series -

1- Virat Kohli --> 884 points 
2- Rohit Sharma --> 842 points 

Difference = 42 points 

End of the series -

1- Virat Kohli --> 899 points 
2- Rohit Sharma --> 871 points 
    Difference = 28 points :nervous:

Can Rohit compete with Virat for #1 Spot in ODI's? Discuss guys!

20 hours ago, Nikola said:

Before the #INDvsWI odi series -

1- Virat Kohli --> 884 points 
2- Rohit Sharma --> 842 points 

Difference = 42 points 

End of the series -

1- Virat Kohli --> 899 points 
2- Rohit Sharma --> 871 points 
    Difference = 28 points :nervous:

Can Rohit compete with Virat for #1 Spot in ODI's? Discuss guys!

Just a gain of mere 15 points after 3 hundreds and 2 not outs?

BTW has any player ever reached 900+ rating point simultaneously in test and ODI?

Just now, SUMO said:

Just a gain of mere 15 points after 3 hundreds and 2 not outs?

BTW has any player ever reached 900+ rating point simultaneously in test and ODI?

I guess virat's 2 centuries which came in loss & tie hurt his ranking points & for rohit all his 3 good performance came in wins and two times being not out as well so it would help to get more points. Virat in past series has got more ratings for being not out & winning games.

And no i am not sure about 900+ ratings in both formats.

ODI thread but talking about short formats.

Centuries in Short Formats since 2015

Kohli - 17

Rohit - 20! (16 odis + 4 t20s)

Only if Rohit would have played more careful cricket like Kohli he would have had many more centuries till now.

Edited by Nikola

54 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Somebody change the topic to include (White ball cricket - ODIs/ T20Is & T20s)

Fans are biased against Rohits contribution  He performs, we are guaranteed to win. He doesnt, we arent sure. Because all other super humans in team can not score faster than second rated bats (as per icfers they are second rated)

Forget windies, Check that English series. Rohit scored and we won. All other matches we lost. Rohit is biggest match winner in odi team

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Fans are biased against Rohits contribution  He performs, we are guaranteed to win. He doesnt, we arent sure. Because all other super humans in team can not score faster than second rated bats (as per icfers they are second rated)

Forget windies, Check that English series. Rohit scored and we won. All other matches we lost. Rohit is biggest match winner in odi team

How many more times you keep posting the same lie? I've already posted here analysing all Rohit's centuries, where only 3 of his knocks which you can say he won it for India. In comparison, Kohli had way more. Also India lost more matches when Rohit scored big compared to Kohli, despite the latter scoring more no.of centuries. This clearly proves Kohli is more of a match winner than Rohit in ODIs. 

In T20Is, its no brainer. Kohli was Man of the Tournament in two WT20s. 

19 hours ago, Nikola said:

ODI thread but talking about short formats.

Centuries in Short Formats since 2015

Kohli - 17

Rohit - 20! (16 odis + 4 t20s)

Only if Rohit would have played more careful cricket like Kohli he would have had many more centuries till now.

It's a skill which Rohit lacks, not that Rohit chose to abstain. We all know how many centuries Rohit scored when he tried to play like Kohli before opening. 

14 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

How many more times you keep posting the same lie? I've already posted here analysing all Rohit's centuries, where only 3 of his knocks which you can say he won it for India. In comparison, Kohli had way more. Also India lost more matches when Rohit scored big compared to Kohli, despite the latter scoring more no.of centuries. This clearly proves Kohli is more of a match winner than Rohit in ODIs. 

Virat has 6 hundreds out of 38 in losing cause whereas Rohit has 5 out of his 21 hundreds . It is clear that Rohit has  more hundred percentage in defeat but Mishra ji obviously running his agenda for demeaning virat reputations as a bigger match winner for his insecurity ( he is Sachin bhakat ) .i have seen Sachin chamcha’s gone mad after virat 38 hundred first that tweet dispute and next this.

2 hours ago, Jamadagni said:

I have allways accepted that the way Kohli handled Malinga and co is nothing but stand up and clap. Him and Dhoni made Sanga commit in interview that no matter how much Srilanka scores, India will chase it.

So its not that I have forgotten them days but fact is limited overs Cricket has mooved on since then. From being world champions We ended up being one of the high achievers in previous world cup@ australia.

It was our bowling or may be WCB internal politics or just end o series, that caused Windies to foldup else in first three games a ordinary side like them allmost beat us at home.

BTW, Every odi track in any part of world is now phatta

On 10/22/2018 at 10:32 PM, Stan AF said:

Rohit has 4 100s in Australia plus a 99. Plus the 66 with SRT in a series finale.

And 2 hundreds in england plus a t20 100.

Rohit actually scores more than kohli in australia and in england. The only place where kohli outscores rohit outside asia is in South africa.

5th 100 !!!!

40 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli needs to put his hand and deliver in Australia and NZ.

He has scored runs in both the countries before.He need not put his hand up and prove any point. On the contrary , Ind needs more such situations to test the middle order and preferably induce much needed changes.