The Witcher official teaser (Netflix)

Stradlater

Anyone excited about this?  

Been waiting for this and Wheel of Time's adaptation on TV for ages. 

Huge fan of the book series even though I bet most people would know it from the video game franchise which was way more popular. 

Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia looks super badass. 

only saving  grace seems like  henry cavill's casting as geralt  ,  yen  and  triss's casting is just  a  mess,triss  isnt  even a redhead for godsake. 

Edited by RAZPOR

3 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Anyone excited about this?  

Been waiting for this and Wheel of Time's adaptation on TV for ages. 

Huge fan of the book series even though I bet most people would know it from the video game franchise which was way more popular. 

Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia looks super badass. 

I've read all the books, played all games and DLCs and I am (clearly) a fan of the series. Thus, it pains me to say that, potentially barring Cavill as Gerry-boy, the rest of the casting and even the general design and ambience looks really subpar. Adaptations should be held to high standards. IMO, GoT's 4 reasons were excellent (not "great"), 5th and 6th were uneven (some very good, some bad parts), 7th was bad and 8th... well, the less said the better.

In the upcoming series, I have low expectations for WoT, Witcher and LOTR because neither Netflix nor Amazon have the kind of track record and vision that HBO had in the 2000s (which is partly why GoT was good at the beginning). Netflix in particular sucks at big-budget historical/fantasy genres from what I've seen.

I do have high hopes of His Dark Materials (HBO-BBC combine) and Watchmen (HBO) in the near-future.