Are you satisfied with Ranji Trophy structre?

In Pakistan the QeA trophy is under renovation. In the new format we will have 6 teams. In India you have Ranji Trophy where 37 teams participate. 

I know India has more talent but is 37 teams too much? Ideally how much teams should there be? 

In Pakistan with old system we had a problem where most bowlers average <25 but most are useless trundlers who can only do well in England. In India lots of batsman average >40 So are the batsman genuinely good or is the competition not as high??

Edited by Mirpur express
3 hours ago, Mirpur express said:

In Pakistan the QeA trophy is under renovation. In the new format we will have 6 teams. In India you have Ranji Trophy where 37 teams participate. 

I know India has more talent but is 37 teams too much? Ideally how much teams should there be? 

In Pakistan with old system we had a problem where most bowlers average <25 but most are useless trundlers who can only do well in England. In India lots of batsman average >40 So are the batsman genuinely good or is the competition not as high??

Ind domestics have too many teams, but atleast we have divisions. what I'd like to see is the top 10-12 teams play 1.5 times the number of matches. someone like stokes came into int'l cricket with vast FC experience compared to pandu. english country structure has its own issues as does aus shield but there are points to learn from both.

Ind also has plenty of domestic freaks with <25 avgs who are not int'l class. look up the FC records of gagandeep singh, joginder sharma, "legend" vinny kumar, etc and you will be surprised. Ind domestic bowlers are kind of strange: some are domestic legends with great avgs but not int'l class, whereas some int'l bowlers did not have the best of records. in the past, it is true that too many batsman had ridiculously high batting avgs, but I feel that the situation has improved slightly. it's rare now to find modern-day batsman with avgs over 55 (shaw and gill are exceptions) whereas in the past there were many.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Mirpur express said:

All domestic structures have their pros and cons - the key is to have a stable system that has more of the former and fewer of the latter.   And one that provides good structured pathways for potential talent to work on improving their skills and get ready for top level cricket.  For the most part, India's domestic structure does a very decent job of that.  

Pakistan has gone ahead with implementing the 6 team plan that Imran Khan has been ranting for decades about.  That's fine - and for Pak's sake I hope it improves things.  But the bigger problem for Pakistan is that they keep changing their domestic structure - almost every year.  There is no stability.  There is no structure, there are not enough infrastructure resources, nor there are structured pathways or good number of 'A' tours.  Latter is going to be a challenge for the next few years anyway because they are mostly done on reciprocal basis and most teams are going to balk at sending 'Al teams to Pakistan, no matter how loudly the PCB shrieks about things being changed.  

Instead of tinkering a lot with the Ranji system, I think we should

1.  Reduce the number of Ranji Trophy league matches slightly

2.  Increase the number of India Red, India Blue and India Green 5 day matches a lot more.  And these matches should be held after the Ranji Trophy which would finish 20 days earlier due to the reduced number of league matches.

This would allow our international prospects to face a much higher level of opposition and help them develop better for international cricket.