What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

I'm currently reading Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts (My favourite writer of fiction). It's about a 12th century Irish wizard charged by the Celtic goddess Morrigan to travel through time and worlds to find his brother and 4 others and raise an army to save all worlds from an army of vampires. The first book of a trilogy, this one will be followed by The Dance of the Gods & Valley of Silence. Plan on reading A Captain's Diary 2007-2009 by Graeme Smith over the weekend.

Supernatural by Graham Hancock Suddenly, at one point of history mankind started using symbols. This was a giant leap in evolution because this meant information could be stored and transmitted. The author takes us to Europe and the great cave paintings of Chauvet, Lascaux, Pech Merle and Altamira. But, where did it come from? The author explores South America (I've only read till this part) and other places with shamanic practitioners using Ayahuasca (Vine of the Souls) to explore different dimensions. :yay:

Guards, guards - terry pratchett PRobably my fav author. Guns germs and steel - Jared Diamond - this book tries to explain the reasons behind the overall dominance of Eurasian cultures being dominant over others historically, very interesting book.

Guards, guards - terry pratchett PRobably my fav author. Guns germs and steel - Jared Diamond - this book tries to explain the reasons behind the overall dominance of Eurasian cultures being dominant over others historically, very interesting book.
I am not reading guns germs steel... but iam watching the documentary adaptation of the book in the youtube. There are like 10 episodes 10 miutes each. Its well taken... i have seen some 4 episodes till now.

TK, Do you like Fantasy generally? I have read alot of David Gemell- think he's a genius; Have got his Troy books which I need to start on I havent read any of the Wheel of Time books, there seem to be LOADS of them The last book I read was Money by Martin Amis- HILARIOUS, if a bit rude. I started this book called My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk (sp)... not really got into it though

TK, Do you like Fantasy generally? I have read alot of David Gemell- think he's a genius; Have got his Troy books which I need to start on I havent read any of the Wheel of Time books, there seem to be LOADS of them The last book I read was Money by Martin Amis- HILARIOUS, if a bit rude. I started this book called My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk (sp)... not really got into it though
I read fantasy literature mostly. I think David Gemell belongs to the subgenre of historical fiction in the fantasy world. He uses incidents of historical significance and builds characters and thier stories around them. Much like Conn Igguldden who wrote the (Ghenghis Khan) Conqueror series - after reading which yours truly has been inspired to register at ICF as TK... :smiley: Wheel of Time books are like fuel to me. You know it has the usual group of unusual people with extraordinaey skills on a fantastic quest to defeat the dark lord... I mean its like EPIC fantasy. Its obviously one of the thousands of fantasy series which has been inspired by LOTR. I've heard a lot about Money...its rated by TIME as one of the 100 Best English-language Novels from 1923 to 2005. I shud read it.

Ive tried Terry Pratchett' date=' dont see what all ths fuss is about. Dont remember what I read by him anymore. It was oookkkaayyy. My Bro loves him and recommended.[/quote'] It takes a while to get used to that humor I think, but I really enjoy those books.

Finished three books recently. The Constant Gardener - John Le Carre. Meh. English August - Some Bong dude. Double Meh. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - Agatha Christie. B->
dude thats a classic. were you able to tell who was the culprit? Madame Christie :hail: She broke an unwritten rule in that book. Just bluddy love it.
Poirot or Miss. Marple? Or neither?