'Only Ponting can beat Tendulkar's record'

Andy

Yup,I said no and then this gem came

Ok. If Punter can come back from here and beat even ONE of the following records: Highest number of 100s in ODIs Highest number of 100s in Tests Highest runs in ODIs Highest runs in Tests then I will consider him to be the best batsman of last decade (2000-2010)
I cant see how their posts are off topic. The topic is if Punter can still beat Tendulkar's records. What you and Asoka are posting however is who was the better batsman in the last decade.
I won't bother to explain further, if you think that then so be it!
What's wrong with doubting McGrath's claim and yes the second part was just a reminder. You are a kid :icflove:
So you did imply that you doubt Ponting has a better record than SRT for 2000-2009 period, right? The other guy cleared you doubt. But since what he said is not favorable to SRT, the comedy brigade wants to complain! Great! :giggle:
So you did imply that you doubt Ponting has a better record than SRT for 2000-2009 period, right? The other guy cleared you doubt. But since what he said is not favorable to SRT, the comedy brigade wants to complain! Great! :giggle:
No, I doubt if Ponting will ever overcome SRT's record. Sorry my mistake, I should write everything as explicitly as possible for kids. BTW, is there any smiley you haven't used yet?
No, I doubt if Ponting will ever overcome SRT's record. Sorry my mistake, I should write everything as explicitly as possible for kids. BTW, is there any smiley you haven't used yet?
See below:
Ponting is comfortably ahead of Sachin this decade.
Doubt that' date= and unfortunately "this decade" is not the only era in cricket.
Wow, so you lie too :giggle:
Well' date=' I probably should have been more explicit with that. I meant the first part with McGrath, the 2nd was for the quote. So I understand your confusion with that quote, you are usually lost anyway and I didn't help you much either.[/quote'] The comedy continues :giggle:
Some people have problems reading.
Australian skipper joins Tendulkar, Jayasuriya in the elite 12,000-run club in ODIs Sachin an amazing player, says Ponting Centurion, Oct 3, DH News Service: In just under 45 days' time, Sachin Tendulkar will complete 20 years as an international cricketer. The little big man of Indian cricket made his Test debut on November 15, 1989, against Pakistan in Karachi when he was 16 and a half years old; he will turn 20 at the highest level immediately after the one-day series at home against Australia ends on November 11. During that seven-match shoot-out, Tendulkar will come face to face with the only man seriously threatening at least his record Test centuries, Ricky Ponting. On Friday night at SuperSport Park, the Australian skipper became only the third batsman to top 12,000 one-day international runs, then played glowing tributes to the Indian legend. “Sachin is an amazing, amazing player,†Ponting gushed. “You look at his stats and his records, and they are quite incredible. “And to think that someone can stay in the game for 20 years is pretty remarkable as well.†Tendulkar leads the one-day list with nearly 17,000 runs while Sanath Jayasuriya – who will also complete 20 years of international cricket on December 26 -- has 13,000-plus runs. Ponting made it clear that all he and the rest of the world’s leading batsmen could do was merely chase the 36-year-old’s towering records. “I have always thought of him as the guy that sets the benchmark as far as batting is concerned, and guys like me and the rest just chase and get as close as we can to him,†said Ponting, also the third highest run-getter in Tests behind Tendulkar and West Indian great Brian Lara. Ponting trails Tendulkar by nearly 1400 runs, and has 38 Test tons to the Indian’s 42. Reflecting on Tendulkar’s 20-year journey, the 34-year-old Aussie great went on, “There are a number of innings of his that I have been able to sit back and watch over the years. Congratulations to him for 20 years in the game. “If I stay in the game for 20 years, I will probably be batting in a wheelchair by then, so there you go!†http://www.deccanherald.com/content/28556/sachin-amazing-player-says-ponting.html Some people need to open their eyes before they speak
Ponting is comfortably ahead of Sachin this decade.
Not comfortably I would say, but I guess he was ahead of Sachin in noughties and Cricinfo jury had also decided the same. But what about other decades like 80's,90's and 10's? who has been ahead in these three decades? Overall Ponting is not in the same league as Sachin.