You can call SA any number of things

nballa

but dishonest is not one of them. i can't picture zaheer khan or harbhajan doing such stuff.

When Yusuf Pathan reverse-swept Robin Peterson powerfully over point, Simon Taufel signalled four runs, and was ready for the next ball. Morne van Wyk, the fielder at sweeper-cover, however, made sure he signalled to the umpire that it was indeed a six. Replays were called in, and the right decision was made.
The action - which was immaterial since it would have been done by the TV umpire anyway - of one man can be generalized to the entire nation?
the point is fair play is encouraged in the SA team to the extent that players need not take permission from their captain to do the right thing. our fielders even if they were honest would not dare to signal a six themselves for the fear for facing the wrath of our non performing cupthaan and the nation. i recall countless number of ocassions when SA fielders refused to take the bails off when the batsman slips while taking a run. if i were to pick one team to lose to in the finals of a world cup and sleep well that night it will be SA.
^ Our non performing cupthaan walked before the umpire gave a leg before decision. Can anyone from honest South Africa beat that? They are just putting on a show of honesty for decisions which are going to be changed anyway by the TV umpire.
walking for an lbw is just stupid and not walking does not make anyone dishonest. there is no way for a batsman to know without doubt if he is lbw or not. an edge yes, lbw no.

Does the name Hansie Cronje ring a bell, anyone? :haha: So now what, all of South Africa are cheats? If the endless self-loathing about the Indian team isnt unbearable enough, here you have, some completely disproportionate praise of an entire country based on the harmless action of one cricketer.

walking for an lbw is just stupid and not walking does not make anyone dishonest. there is no way for a batsman to know without doubt if he is lbw or not. an edge yes' date=' lbw no.[/quote'] When a batsman gets struck at shin height on the back foot in front of middle stump on a straight ball, what doubt is there? Non performing cupthaan has walked on edges as well in the past.
Does the name Hansie Cronje ring a bell, anyone? :haha: So now what, all of South Africa are cheats? If the endless self-loathing about the Indian team isnt unbearable enough, here you have, some completely disproportionate praise of an entire country based on the harmless action of one cricketer.
He is not self loathing. He is one of our delightful neighbours taking pathetic pot shots at indian team!
This 4/6 thing is something all players are pretty honest about. Not the first time it happened. Similary when a fielder touches the rope The reasons probably being 1) Usually it wouldnt matter much in the context of the game 2)The tv umpires will get it right anyways
i heard the bcci is planning on not using the 4/6 referral system in the WC as they are not 100% satisfied with the accuracy of the replay technology.

The South African team of the past under Hansie Cronje has the rare distinction of being the only team, probably in the history of all professional sports (and that includes the Pakistani teams btw..) to actually call a team-meeting to decide whether they will throw a match en masse. But there was opposition from a few players like Andrew Hudson (if my memory serves me right) and the plan was ultimately dropped. So does this indict all of the South African players, both past and present? :laugh: