Who would you prefer India to face in quarter finals?

There was a time i used to hope India should face a particular team so that we can have more chance of reachin the next round. But now i have seen enough and I have reached a stage that i won't mind any team. If we win we are great, if we lose, we just werent good enough to win at crucial stage and win the wc. Bring it on, whoever it is. Against anyteam, we should start as favorites. Yes, even against Australia or South Africa.

There was a time i used to hope India should face a particular team so that we can have more chance of reachin the next round. But now i have seen enough and I have reached a stage that i won't mind any team. If we win we are great, if we lose, we just werent good enough to win at crucial stage and win the wc. Bring it on, whoever it is. Against anyteam, we should start as favorites. Yes, even against Australia or South Africa.
Spot on! .... We are in a tourney to win it by accepting any challenge that's thrown at us. What we should focus on is playing our best cricket! Having said that I prefer to face Pak in one of the KO games due to the excitement it brings :yay:

definitely pakistan. their bowling attack is so juicy. mazzaq opening the bowling with his phuddo slow bowling, will be cut to pieces by sehwag. phaaaaasht off spinner shohaib is gonna be reminded of the fact that tendulkar is his baap. afruddi gets a chance to improve on his pathetic bowling average of 40 against india. the other spinner will get screwed like any spinner that faces india. uma gul will carry on where he left off last time he played india, 6 overs for 81 runs and getting molested by paki killer gambhir. on a serious note, their bowling attack is perfectly suited to the indian batsmen. that will be fun to watch. a win over pakistan would get india going in this world cup. it will also be enjoyable watching the pakis committing suicide and talaak against their pathetic team aside from that, i really dont care who india play. i would prefer a strong side, i.e. australia or sri lanka. they can knock india out, but beating them would provide a massive boost and india will feel confident about winning the world cup after such a win

So what'll be your response if Pakistan beats you (Insh'Allah) and convincingly at that? I know for a fact there's nothing worse than losing to your arch-rival in a knockout stage :winky:
But allah never "inshaed" Pak to win against India in a WC, why would he start now? India will (insha flying spaghetti monster) once again defeat Pak if they meet. But NZ, on paper, is the easiest win. So i would rather face them as i really dont care whether we beat pak or not. I would rather India win the WC than just beat Pak.
India should avoid Pakistan & Australia in knock out games as long as possible if they want to stay in competition. Pak & Aus bowlign attack are too strong for Indian batters.
And what makes you say that? On Indian pitches, where India's knockout matches will be played, I don't see India being troubled by Pak or Aussie bowling lineup. Aussies don't have decent spinners and as for Pak India has faced the pak bowlers plenty of times and don't see what's there to be scared. Last time India played pak (without Sehwag or SRT in Asia cup), India chased 270 in Dambulla under lights where chasing is near impossible. With Aamer not being there this bowling squad is even weaker than the one India faced in that game.

Pakistan, just because we will play more than 100% and play our best against them. NZ although are in poor form, their batsman relish our bowling more than anything else, the likes of Ruder, Mcullum, Taylor and Guptill can take our bowling attack to the cleaners, if we are a little complacent against their side.They are unpredictable as far as their game is concerned. So Pak of course is the first choice.

last time we played india in an ICC event, pakistan took care of business and as usual india was out of the event in the first round....crazy thing was that over a billion indians were praying for pakistan to win their next match so india can have a chance.. geez..i ve never had that feeling..how does that feel to pray for the victory of your arch rivals? lol

last time we played india in an ICC event, pakistan took care of business and as usual india was out of the event in the first round....crazy thing was that over a billion indians were praying for pakistan to win their next match so india can have a chance.. geez..i ve never had that feeling..how does that feel to pray for the victory of your arch rivals? lol
You can win as many "ICC Event games" as long as we keep on kicking ur asses in world cups :--D

15.3 Umar Gul to Jadeja, SIX, Free Hit: Jadeja makes full use of the free hit there as he makes room and scoops an overpitched delivery down leg high over long-on in the first IPL :hysterical: Gul back but it may not make any difference 16.1 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, backs away and inside out loft over extra cover for four, Yusuf can't do anything wrong tonight, bounces at extra cover and goes for four 16.2 Umar Gul to Pathan, 1 wide, short and wide outside leg, Yusuf doesn't need to touch that (though he tries to pull), wide called 16.2 Umar Gul to Pathan, 1 wide, another one, short again and down leg, Gul is probably trying too hard to bounce him here, Yusuf waits and watches 16.2 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, ripper, round the wicket and short again, he stands and pulls with serious power, steaming through midwicket for four, what a tournament he's having 16.3 Umar Gul to Pathan, SIX, what a way to finish! Yusuf has done it in style, chips it way over square leg for a big six, he's turned this match around in a trice and stands at the non-striker's end and flexes his muscles at his team-mates. They've plucked the chestnuts out of the fire here. In the semi-finals for sure now, Rajasthan. And they truly deserve to be the first team to do so. :cantstop: :yay:

Whoever comes will take it

My feelings too. Some how I am not too bothered now and this world cup seems way too long
India should avoid Pakistan & Australia in knock out games as long as possible if they want to stay in competition. Pak & Aus bowlign attack are too strong for Indian batters.
To be honest Pakistan bowling attack perfectly suits Indians. Last 10 innings against Pakistan 321/9 294/6 260/4 275 330/8 290 301/4 308/7 248 271/7 Lowest score is 248. That was a match that did not have Viru and Yuvraj. All you guys have is aging Akhtar, India's bunny Gully and Afretard. Don't even want to talk about Wahab Riaz. He had thrashing of his life in Bangladesh.