With this Attack We can't be No.1 Again: Akram

nsareen

SULTANô SWING With this attack, India wonÃÕ be No. 1 ever again The only solution for India going forward is to look to groom young fast bowlers as with this attack, they will never become No. 1 again. But there is enough talent in India for that as well. I can name two right away. Varun Aaron, who was in the Kolkata Knight Riders team two years ago and now plays for the Delhi Daredevils, is quick. He has got the pace to trouble batsmen. Two years ago, he was injury prone. But the thing with Varun is that he is young. If India think he should play domestic cricket for two more seasons before being picked, they are wrong. Take him on tours, make him bowl in the nets and expose him to the same regimen that a regular goes through. If you go by the old formulas of three or four seasons, by then Varun will not be the same bowler. Pick him now. Then there is another guy called Shami Ahmed, who plays Ranji Trophy for Bengal but hails from Moradabad. He was also part of the KKR squad this year. He bowls 140-142 easily. The selectors need to follow horses for courses and pick only bowlers with pace for Tests. Swinging the ball is fine, but only if you swing it at pace will you succeed. I can see Ishant, who looked good against West Indies, suddenly looking ordinary. Sreesanth was wayward, giving away 150 runs without a wicket. Praveen is a good bowler, but he is not somebody who will pick five for 25. Praveen can be your support bowler, not main bowler. All three looked very average to me. England scored 700 against India. How many teams score 700 these days? I also saw no planning. TCM WASIM AKRAM Here akram, mentions Varun AAron & Shammi Ahmed, both of with whom he has worked with KKR in IPL. He suggests both are quick and should be drafted in the team

Wasim does speak like an expert. I hope sanity prevails with the selectors and they pick these 2, along with Umesh yadav from the next tours onwards. Hell, they should have taken these 3 for the ODI series in England itself. I wonder whats wrong with BCCI, why cant they understand these simple theories ?

If India think he should play domestic cricket for two more seasons before being picked, they are wrong. Take him on tours, make him bowl in the nets and expose him to the same regimen that a regular goes through. If you go by the old formulas of three or four seasons, by then Varun will not be the same bowler. Pick him now.
:hmmm:
:hmmm:
Thats Because a player learns quickly when young, and with experience he gains on the learnings, if we introduce the players late in their career, they are less likely to learn, and might not be able to use the domestic experience at the International Stage.

Yes, i too , heard only some bits about Shammi Ahmed, but when it's coming from Akram, there must be some credibility, even though the Guy is not visible in the Domestic Circuit. Hope Akram is proven right by both these bowlers. Also akram has not worked with the Mumbai Indians squad, else there would be Rahul Shukla, Nechim Ahmed, Pritam Das in that list too.

He is right we won't be no. 1 again if we continue bowling like this. but imo varun should not be rushed , one more year of Domestic , not more than that though. btw , I am amazed on Wasim bhai's interest and knowledge about Indian domestic Cricket.
Yes, he is well informed i guess, and that's good for us in some way, as well as pakistan. But anyways, i'm furious on comments given by Vengsarkar, that guys said in a recent interview, on a question asked to him, about who are the potential players he see's are capable to replace the big guns of indian cricket, and the response he gave really boiled by blood, he said, i've not been following "DOMESTIC CRICKET" for some time, so can't answer the question, probably you should ask the NCA. This goose, wanted to stand up in the elections for MCA, and that's the credibility of his recent knowledge of indian cricket, PATHETIC.