BCCI's do's and don'ts for Team India

King

The Board appealed to its players to do its best on the tour of the UK and rebuild the confidence of Indian cricket fans. More... BCCI's do's and don'ts for Team India Harish Kotian in Mumbai June 20, 2007 17:18 IST Last Updated: June 20, 2007 17:43 IST The Board of Control for Cricket in India on Tuesday appealed to its players to come up with a good showing and reinstall the faith of the country's fans before the team left for the twin tours of Ireland and England [Images]. Every member of the 15-member squad, led by captain Rahul Dravid [Images], was issued a list of do's and don'ts for the 80-day tour. The BCCI hoped that the players would rebuild the confidence of Indian cricket fans after the disastrous showing in recent months, which also included a first round exit from the World Cup. "Indian cricket is passing through a difficult phase after our poor showing in the World Cup and along with the BCCI the players have also gone through some tough time," the BCCI said in a two-page letter, given to the players on the eve of their departure for the United Kingdom. "You have an opportunity to rebuild the confidence of the people in Indian cricket and we are sure that you will do your best on this tour," the letter added. There was also an important point on discipline. Former India coach Greg Chappell [Images] had openly criticised the behaviour of some of the team members during the World Cup in the West Indies [Images]. "You are representing the country where all actions of yours will be closely followed and we have to impress upon all the members of the squad to be disciplined at all times both on and off the field," the letter said. It also asked the players not to leak out dressing room talk, which so famously became part of the daily media diet after the shocking World Cup exit. "Please ensure that all the talks in the dressing room and in team meetings is extremely confidential and always respect this." Some important points from the letter are listed below: DAILY ALLOWANCE: At Ireland: Pounds 50 per day At Glasgow: Pounds 50 per day For England Tour: Pounds 47.50 per day MEDICAL EXPENSES: All the members of the team are insured for medical needs particularly for any major expenses on the tour. PRIZE MONEY: All prize monies in foreign currency including individual awards must be immediately handed over to the manager who will submit the same on return to India MEDIA RELATIONS: The team management will decide the player who would be expected to talk to the media on practice days. On match days the performer of the day must be available for the media briefing. Captain and manager will meet the media at the per and post-match media briefings. All the players have to extend co-operation to the official broadcaster of the England Cricket Board for headshots and interviews during the match when called upon. Dress code for the media interaction: ONLY THE OFFICIAL CLOTHING WITH LOGO OF SAHARA AND NIKE TO BE USED. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANY INTERVIEWS WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE TEAM MANAGEMENT TEAM DISCIPLINE: You are representing the country where all action of yours will be closely followed and we have to impress upon all the members of the squad to be disciplined at all times both on and off the field. Please ensure that all the talks in the dressing room and in team meetings is extremely confidential and always respect this. INDIAN CRICKET IS PASSING THROUGH A DIFFICULT PHASE AFTER OUR POOR SHOWING IN THE WORLD CUP AND ALONG WITH THE BCCI THE PLAYERS HAVE ALSO GONE THROUGH SOME TOUGH TIME. YOU HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO REBUILD THE CONFIDENCE OF THE PEOPLE IN INDIAN CRICKET AND WE ARE SURE THAT YOU WILL DO YOUR BEST ON THIS TOUR.

DAILY ALLOWANCE: At Ireland: Pounds 50 per day At Glasgow: Pounds 50 per day For England Tour: Pounds 47.50 per day
Why 2.50 pounds less when in England? A latte is free in England perhaps :P ?
Please ensure that all the talks in the dressing room and in team meetings is extremely confidential and always respect this.
Good thing the players are reminded. I suppose if they had given this letter when India left for Zimbabwe tour couple of years ago when Ganguly and Greg were out in the open discussing things that were spoken in the dressing room Indian cricket would have been on a different curve.
Why 2.50 pounds less when in England? A latte is free in England perhaps :P ?
A latte is 2.5 pounds in UK ?? man that is expensiv ! And i didnt know this concept of daily allowance existed in the Indian team ! So for a 90 day tour, the allowance alone would mount to 4500 pounds ! wow !

They don't get free lunch, breakfast, dinner or even coffee Sriram. They do have a pot of tea and instant coffee left in their rooms but they have to bear the expense of dining, phone calls and the rest. It isn't too much to be honest. I don't know what it costs for a Latte in UK Sriram. It used to be about a pound few years ago when I visited. Beer is of course cheaper than anything in UK so if you are in doubt or running out of funds go for the good old Beer :thumbs_up:

They don't get free lunch, breakfast, dinner or even coffee Sriram. They do have a pot of tea and instant coffee left in their rooms but they have to bear the expense of dining, phone calls and the rest. It isn't too much to be honest. I don't know what it costs for a Latte in UK Sriram. It used to be about a pound few years ago when I visited. Beer is of course cheaper than anything in UK so if you are in doubt or running out of funds go for the good old Beer :thumbs_up:
Yes , I understand what are you saying. If the players have to pay themselves for all the Khana-Peena they do, then the 50 pounds is not a high sum after all. Just wondering Ravi , Is the allowance given on a per-day basis ? I cant imagine the players lining up in a queue every morning to get their share..:teeth_smile:

Not really, the players won't queue up. Now the players use the credit cards. I remember the 90s the players would never use their credit card despite carrying it with them. The money is paid on tour but not on daily basis. I won't be surprised if BCCI aren't paying it on a tour basis and pays about 2 years later :P They could meanwhile make some interest out of those funds by depositing in a fixed deposit you see :P

Thats the point! BCCI is preaching the the players to do something which they never follow themselves!! And if BCCI has forgotten, most of the controversies start from board members leaking news not players!! Wonder if they're EVER going to look in a mirror!:mad:

Thats the point! BCCI is preaching the the players to do something which they never follow themselves!! And if BCCI has forgotten, most of the controversies start from board members leaking news not players!! Wonder if they're EVER going to look in a mirror!:mad:
they dont have to.... they are led by a politician....
"You are representing the country where all actions of yours will be closely followed and we have to impress upon all the members of the squad to be disciplined at all times both on and off the field' date=" the letter said.
Are they sure about it? In a recent court case, BCCI won the case against the government that the Indian cricket team has not got anything to do with the nation or the government. They represent a private club called BCCI.

Whatever is given in the above article , is not even worth leaking... All of it is standard information... Anybody who knows the workings of the Indian cricket team can write something like that... I dont think this a leak in the first place..

yeah... only if Laloo is left any thing to ruin by the current... :P Goshh... I would rather play out of form Mr. Petu in the team rather than tolerating our BCCI president... BTW, why do we need his picture on the front page... put some nice pix of Shane Bond or even a bangla player will do... nahi to phir tennis player bhi chalegi...