why sachin cant come out of comfort zone ??

J P K

Why? Dravid doing the best possible job. Let him do what he is best at.
Fair point, at least in this current situation. But then Dravid has been asked to open several times in the past, even when he hasn't been in good form, and Sachin has. It's almost as if Sachin treats all other batsmen as nightwatchmen for him
Guest Gunner

Dravid is a technically superior player to SRT which is why Dravid can open or bat at No.3. Everyone can't play in that position. SRT knows and acknowledges that fact unlike some of you guys who have never played cricket.

Dravid is a technically superior player to SRT which is why Dravid can open or bat at No.3. Everyone can't play in that position. SRT knows and acknowledges that fact unlike some of you guys who have never played cricket.
I dont agree that Dravid is technically superior to Sachin. In fact Sachin has one of the best defensive techniques too. But on current form Dravid is way superior ro open for India, Sachin looks like a walking wicket
I dont agree that Dravid is technically superior to Sachin. In fact Sachin has one of the best defensive techniques too. But on current form Dravid is way superior ro open for India' date=' Sachin looks like a walking wicket[/quote'] But it's always Dravid who Opens the innings from long timenback..even when he himself not in good form.. I don't care about past at least today someone should have volunteered.
Fair point' date=' at least in this current situation. But then Dravid has been asked to open several times in the past, even when he hasn't been in good form, and Sachin has. It's almost as if Sachin treats all other batsmen as nightwatchmen for him[/quote'] You have some guts posting this in this temple of GOD forum.:hatsoff:
I dont agree that Dravid is technically superior to Sachin. In fact Sachin has one of the best defensive techniques too. But on current form Dravid is way superior ro open for India' date=' Sachin looks like a walking wicket[/quote'] But Dravid is a better leaver than Tendulkar. Tendulkar's game involves certain risk factor. Against new ball it is even higher.
yeah but he eventually came into bat in the first innings. so i thought he's kinda okay now...
You don't really recover from a concussion in a day. He came in earlier to support Dravid and maybe help save the follow on. Now that India's batting again he will come in only when required. I would say that he should only come in if India has a realistic chance of saving the game, else he shouldn't risk batting after concussion.
But it's always Dravid who Opens the innings from long timenback..even when he himself not in good form.. I don't care about past at least today someone should have volunteered.
Fair point and I am sure there is no one single reason. do we know for a fact that Sachin was asked and he refused? Most probably, all these times, it was a team decision. What i really dislike though is Laxman coming at no 3. He is so used to batting in the lower order I dont dis-agree that Sachin might be given prefential treatment but I think most of the time, the decision to do so is done by others (captain, management).