NKP Salve Challenger Trophy, 2011 : Teams announced (Oct10-13)

saneindian

I can't believe how Irfan Pathan has deteriorated :((. Getting a little (very little) swing but because of his pace 118-125 kph he is not threatening at all. Fastest ball I've seen him bowl was 126 kph I guess. average 120 kph
Give him some time, he is returning from some rather bad injuries.

Finished watching the highlights. The biggest disappointment was the pitch, no bounce, no zip, no grass. Expected a sporting track for this tournament, not to be. Sangwan looks to have got some pace back, last challenger trophy he was below 80 mph all the time, today he was around 82-83 mph with top speed of 85 mph. Can bowl quicker. Irfan Pathan was bowling too conservatively, still looks wary of his injuries. And still has that problem of holding the ball too deep in his palms, which reduces his speed. But I expect him to bowl better as the season goes ahead provided he doesn't get injured. RPS has added a few more kilos since the Eng ODIs and shouldn't be picked for the next match of India Reds. Pankaj Singh after his injury, was impressive, speed around 80-81 mph, very accurate and getting good lift off the dead track. Unadkat still has lot to learn. Krisnarthy is a trundler with avg speed of 121-122 kmph. Among the spinners, Chawla bowled the best, good flight and turn. Ojha and Mishra looked disinterested. Was mighty impressed with Bharghav Bhatt. If Ojha doesn't sort out his fitness issues, he may soon have to make way for Bharghav. The youngster has got flight, loop, drift everything, great prospect for the future. Was a 300+ pitch and but for Vijay and Badri, Blues would have got there. Even though Mukund hit a 100, he still plays the straight drive with an angled bat. Against 75-76 mph bowlers, that may work, but against quicker bowlers he will keep chopping it onto his stumps unless he sorts out this technical glitch.