Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Why Dhoni removed Yadav from the attack? :mad: I must admit Dhoni is really not a fast bowler's captain. Yadav had a great chance of picking up a 5-fer. He had 3 top order wickets out of the six to fall and instead he was removed even after only bowled 7 overs till now. Dhoni does it time and time again and take all the away chance from a fast bowler to take a 5-fer. This is not the first time he has robbed a fast bowler from taking a 5-fer. Any other captain from Aus, Eng, or SA would have encouraged and gave more overs to their bowler to get 5-fer. It is not easy to take a 5-fer in test cricket especially for a fast bowler in India.
Makes you wonder whether MSD has a vested interest in ensuring that the 'balance of power' within the team isn't altered, doesn't it? After all you can't have this tearaway quick becoming more popular than Kaptaan kool, can we? j/k
Why Dhoni removed Yadav from the attack? :mad: I must admit Dhoni is really not a fast bowler's captain. Yadav had a great chance of picking up a 5-fer. He had 3 top order wickets out of the six to fall and instead he was removed even after only bowled 7 overs till now. Dhoni does it time and time again and take all the away chance from a fast bowler to take a 5-fer. This is not the first time he has robbed a fast bowler from taking a 5-fer. Any other captain from Aus, Eng, or SA would have encouraged and gave more overs to their bowler to get 5-fer. It is not easy to take a 5-fer in test cricket especially for a fast bowler in India.
Exactly. :two_thumbs_up:
Makes you wonder whether MSD has a vested interest in ensuring that the 'balance of power' within the team isn't altered, doesn't it? After all you can't have this tearaway quick becoming more popular than Kaptaan kool, can we? j/k
I hope it is just a joke, but there is something whether he does not want his bowler to get tired, but match is already in the pocket weather permitting and you should allow your fast bowler the opportunity. I don't see similar thing in terms of spinner. Same thing, he did at Eden ODI and did not let Aaron bowl much and even operated with Manoi Tiwary. Some tactics are unimaginable.
well...i think he is saving him for the second innings....he miht want him to be fresh with the new ball....just a wild guess.....i can't see any other reason...
well...i think he is saving him for the second innings....he might want him to be fresh with the new ball....just a wild guess.....i can't see any other reason...
Imaine the amount of hard on you'll get if Aaron gets a chance in place of Ishu in the next match..:winky:
There should be some changes in the eleven of 2nd test. Rahane, Kohli, Aaron, and Rahul Sharma are sitting on the bench. 2-3 of them must be tried. VVS is injured and he may rest the next game. Yuvraaj may be replaced as well so both Rahaane and Kohli can make the eleven. Ishant can be rested as well and give Aaron a game because we need to prepare for Aus as well and this will keep Ishant up for it. Regarding Rahul Sharma, I am not sure who he replaced but may be Ojha can be rested if they really want to play him, otherwise not necessary as Rahul Sharma can wait.
Already improving over 1 game. He gets the ball to move and hits seam. I get a hard on thinking about him bowling on helpful track
The fact that he is learning fast is really heartening. His improvement is perceptible. He can swing the new ball both ways, reverse it as well as seam it. This will make him lethal in more types of grounds and conditions. His extra pace and ability to skid has been instrmental in almost all his dismissals and this should come handy in almost all conditions as well. Has the potential to be a true strike bowler. Varun Aaron has similar qualities as well.

His improvement is just a part of the maturation process and I'm certain that with a few more international games under his belt, his confidence and performances will get even better. Let's try and finish this game off tomorrow (get chanderpaal early :pray:) For the Mumbai game, I don't think we are going to change the bowling attack since all our bowlers are relatively fresh and inexperienced.... we don't want to be experimenting too much (Aaron will play in the 2 practice games in australia for his chance to impress). The batting line-up should not be fiddled with because the boyz might finally just be getting into some test form after sucking for the past 6 months. If yuvi is awfully out of form, then i would be tempted to play kohli in his place but that's about it.

Yadav's pace and skill impress former Windies quick Somshuvra Laha, Hindustan Times Kolkata, November 16, 2011 Umesh Yadav may not scare people to death with his pace, but he can move the ball enough to be a handful in international cricket, feels former West Indies pace ace Ian Bishop. "He's got pace. He is a hard worker. I guess when you are young and fresh to international cricket, you will run in hard," said Bishop, who is a TV commentator in the ongoing series. "Not that at 140km/hr, you can scare people to death but you need to do something with the ball as well. Yadav has shown he is capable of doing that," said Bishop, who took 196 Test wickets opening the bowling for the West Indies with Curtley Ambrose in the 1990s. "And he reverses the ball as well," added Bishop, clearly impressed by Yadav's skills. Bowling fast Yadav's first spell during an early morning start to Day 3 lasted two overs, one of them a maiden, but he was already clocking above 140km/hr. It was a brief prelude to what was coming from him. When called on to bowl his second spell, Yadav took only one over to settle but after that he had West Indies in trouble. His first scalp came off a good-length ball that angled across Darren Bravo, who was guilty of not fully committing to his forward defensive shot and dragged the ball onto his stumps. Next over, Marlon Samuels was drawn into playing a shot with the ball angling in, only for it to straighten enough to beat him and send his off and middle stumps flying. West Indies captain Darren Sammy arrived at the crease and Yadav hurled a yorker at him first up. The West Indies captain nearly lost his balance but managed to keep it out. Earning respect "I think he has bowling good line and length. He's bowling 90 miles an hour so and any bowler who can bowl at that speed is special. There are not many bowlers around who will bowl at that speed," said West Indies opener Adrian Barath, who fell to Yadav in the first innings on Tuesday. He had edged to Virender Sehwag after being squared up by a good-length ball that took off after pitching. "It will be a test for him as Test cricket is a different type of game. But he has what it takes," added the visibly impressed Barath. http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/India-vs-WestIndies-2011/Yadav-s-pace-and-skill-impress-former-Windies-quick/cricketnews/SP-Article10-770212.aspx