Vivek Express-Dibrugarh in Assam to Kanyakumari in Tamil Naidu[4286 km in 83 hours]

Sir john

:hatsoff: Indian Railways :isalute: They transport so many people and so much freight between cities that its a logistical masterpiece. I'd go to the extent of saying that its a big unifier. I once travelled Mumbai Delhi and return in Rajdhani and August Kranti. Great experience. They pamper you as if you are royalty. Served us good soup, great chocolates and sumptuous meals. :icf: If you have that much time to spare, its better than First Class inter city air travel.

:hatsoff: Indian Railways :isalute: They transport so many people and so much freight between cities that its a logistical masterpiece. I'd go to the extent of saying that its a big unifier. I once travelled Mumbai Delhi and return in Rajdhani and August Kranti. Great experience. They pamper you as if you are royalty. Served us good soup, great chocolates and sumptuous meals. :icf: If you have that much time to spare, its better than First Class inter city air travel.
Totally Agree. I always feel proud about Indian Railways. The kind of terrains they have covered across the length and breadth of country is praiseworthy. Daily management of such a behemoth is not an easy task. They have been quite pro-active in terms of technology adaption as well, be it computerized reservation across country or online booking (irctc).