The "Constellation" that is India's Batting Line-up...

It amazes me how people go on about the major power of India's batting, referring to oldies, and has-beens as if they are still at the top of their game. Do people see something I don't? For me, as an India fan, once Dravid is out cheap, with India still someway behind, the game is pretty much decided. He's the only Indian batsman worth his place in International cricket, I have no faith in any of the others, and if they pull anything off, it's usually an unexpected pleasant shock...

Agree with everything you said above COB. Most of our batters are pretty golrified. They struggle often to put enough runs on the board. There has only been a series or two overseas when India has put runs on board consistently. Otherwise nothing really has changed. This is like watching India in the 90s all over again. Everyone's a reputed batter but one key batsman's out early and the rest fall in a heap.

Overrated wusses CoB. Bunch of wa.nkers who all play for themselves. Look at the SR of Ganguly & Laxman, pathetic really, spending so much time at the crease without making it count. RPS, Kumble had better SR Laxman must either be booted out or bat higher. He has no clue how to bat with the tail. We soo badly miss sehwag.

If anybody is going to call Yuvraj sh!it , then they have to do a re-think. Its a big myth that his technique is loose. Dont forget he made a century in the 2nd test at lahore in 2004 , when all the other batsman fell to the moving ball.

^^ Yes , that was because he didnt have settled batting position. Forced to open a few times and all that. Dhoni HAS to score in the 2nd innings to keep his place. The management knows his worth in ODIs , but in tests , he is not so indispensable, esp with Yuvraj being the guy waiting as a replacement.

i agree with shwetabh. they all suck. if a guy was that great he would have a perm spot in the playing XI. it is a marginal issue as to which bozo plays. won't make an iota of difference to the outcome of the match. as far as in am concerned barring dravid and kumble they all suck. rest of the guys don't deserve to play for the country at all.