CSK 2012 - Team News/Discussion thread

Ram

As expected, our batting has once again let us down. Raina's form continues to a big cause of concern. I am not sure what Badri's exact role is. Apart from Faf, none of the other batsmen seem to be in any sort of rhythm. We are just about at the haflway point and team has yet to hit gain any sort of momentum. And lets not be fooled by the current 3 rd place in the table.. We have half dozen teams with 8 pts right now and all of 'em can overtake CSK If I were Stephen Fleming, I would think about promoting Albie to no.3, ahead of Raina and give him the license to go.

As expected, our batting has once again let us down. Raina's form continues to a big cause of concern. I am not sure what Badri's exact role is. Apart from Faf, none of the other batsmen seem to be in any sort of rhythm. We are just about at the haflway point and team has yet to hit gain any sort of momentum. And lets not be fooled by the current 3 rd place in the table.. We have half dozen teams with 8 pts right now and all of 'em can overtake CSK If I were Stephen Fleming, I would think about promoting Albie to no.3, ahead of Raina and give him the license to go.
Deposed mascot still running away from the truth :hehe: Point to note: GR is made mascot and CSK starts losing again :hmmm:

Dhoni should have come in at No 4. And once Mike Hussey joins the team, stop sending Badri to open the innings. Its ok to lose, but not like yesterday's match. Our guys just threw it away.
No Badri in PP, he tries to rotate the strike and he is no good doing it in PPs. I am OK with Vijay opening it again , thats the only way he can come to form ( read :rcb: and saurabh tiwary :--D ). I still favor Bolly over kula and once Hussey comes it will be a selection headache for us. Hussey might have a played a anchor role in those easy chases. :sad:

Team selection deserves 1000s of :facepalm:. CSK need Bolly or Hilfenhaus. Current pace bowling need one of them. ( not sure whether Hilfenhaus bowl in india ).. Faf has created a selection problem for CSK. Bravo and Morkel cannot be dropped .. When we play both Bravo and Morkel we bat so deep that we can drop Hussey for Faf.

Cant stress this enough, but the batting needs some badly need re-invigoration. Good news is that even though we lost this game, Raina hit some runs. He is pivotal to CSK's chances. We Raina does well, CSK does well. One silver lining among the dark clowds is that the bowling is still at least half-decent. We are making the teams sweat even in the defense of average totals. So if the batting begins to click, things could improve. But CSK is running out of time. They need to win at least 3 of their next 4 games. Else, the situation could go out of hand very soon.