IPL Curtain Raiser

Magneto

Chammak challo performance by Kareena Kapoor. She's bad at live shows. Apparently its pretty hot (40C) and humid in Chennai ( 80%). Good that we (MI) got the opening match there. Playing there later would take a higher toll on the players physically.

This is not true. I really don't care much about cricket. Especially test cricket. But I love the IPL. People go for IPL games to get entertained. And cricket is just one small part of that entertainment package. It just becomes a good place where many friends can catch up, have a blast together under the backdrop of a cricket game. I've been to ~ 20 odd IPL games so far. And there have been times when I couldn't have cared lesser about the outcome of the game. People just meet friends, chill marofy and dance/sing etc. Basically, IPL is a party. And most people take it that way. At a stadium, I've yet to see anyone who would sulk if his/her team lost in the IPL. Its not cricket. Its Cricketainment.
May this soul see the error of her ways and return to the path of light:pray:

This is not true. I really don't care much about cricket. Especially test cricket. But I love the IPL. People go for IPL games to get entertained. And cricket is just one small part of that entertainment package. It just becomes a good place where many friends can catch up, have a blast together under the backdrop of a cricket game. I've been to ~ 20 odd IPL games so far. And there have been times when I couldn't have cared lesser about the outcome of the game. People just meet friends, chill marofy and dance/sing etc. Basically, IPL is a party. And most people take it that way. At a stadium, I've yet to see anyone who would sulk if his/her team lost in the IPL. Its not cricket. Its Cricketainment.
Exactly Cricket in itself is the biggest entertainment here. And when you said- 'People go to IPL games to get entertained'. This is what it is. T20 format of cricket is made for entertainment. It is fast paced, the techniques are different, the legend of T20 are different but at the end of the day, it is all about cricket. It is not that someone is doing chammak-challo steps in the middle of the pitch. It is A CRICKET MATCH. I remember, about 10 yrs ago in my school days, when we used to have a get-together with friends, we used to go to some movie or some singing akharaa here or something like that. Nowadays, like you said, when you r having a get together, you can go to a 20 over cricket match and have all the fun there. So, we can conclude, that cricket has become a great place to have a get-together or enjoy with your friends. Thirdly, you don't care about test cricket. Frankly, this is quite common, girls are not much into test cricket at all. It is more tactical, skillful and tests of your patience, BASICALLY IT IS FOR PURISTS. Thats, T20 was discovered to attract all kind of crowds, girls and boys, young and old.