Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

Too early to say whether the show might be good or bad down the line, but I didn't expect it to be this "showy", to say the least. Yeah, very much Oprah territory this. But one thing is crystal clear from this first episode - they should put Aamir behind the camera to do his creative thing, and replace him as anchor. There is a certain staidness, stoicness about him that makes it all seem very distant, very unrelatable. TV anchoring requires more than just decent acting, and Aamir is very very poor at riffing along or even just the gumption to throw something different out there, to try and look at things from all angles. Decent first episode, but certainly not something anyone should even bother to give sleep up for. More of Aamir milking his image this than anything with substance. I have to wonder, though, as to how many of these people that come on the show are "for real", ya know.

Too early to say whether the show might be good or bad down the line, but I didn't expect it to be this "showy", to say the least. Yeah, very much Oprah territory this. But one thing is crystal clear from this first episode - they should put Aamir behind the camera to do his creative thing, and replace him as anchor. There is a certain staidness, stoicness about him that makes it all seem very distant, very unrelatable. TV anchoring requires more than just decent acting, and Aamir is very very poor at riffing along or even just the gumption to throw something different out there, to try and look at things from all angles. Decent first episode, but certainly not something anyone should even bother to give sleep up for. More of Aamir milking his image this than anything with substance. I have to wonder, though, as to how many of these people that come on the show are "for real", ya know.
Coming from an anonymous poster, I think that makes perfect sense, ya know.