Woman commits suicide after husband refuses to buy AC

rkt.india

A 32 year old woman on Tuesday allegedly committed suicide when her husband turned down her request for an air conditioner due to lack of money, at the East Bengal Colony in Jamshedpur. Bina Das hung herself following a quarrel with her husband over the demand of an AC, the police said. She had been demanding an AC for nearly a week in view of the scorching heatwave in the Steel City, sources said. Following a quarrel, Das hung herself on Tuesday. Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/woman-commits-suicide-after-husband-refuses-to-buy-ac/1/198051.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

India is a developing country. So things like AC, Car, PC, LCD TV, Microwave etc still have ownership pride attached to them. Thats why we witness single passenger travelling in Innova etc daily. People are buying more than what is required. Sheer wastage just to show off. Take case of Tata Nano, a perfect car for city congested roads, but people are buying car based on 2 decades older platform ie. Alto at double the price. If you really want car from segment to which Alto belongs consider Spark then. Heck some buy Swift just coz every Tom Dick Harry has one. I'm sure same was case in above news, a really tragic incident showing our rapidly decreasing values. People are fool, instead of demanding better value for buck (taxes) ie. Public Transport they buy car, instead of demanding clean drinking water they buy personal water purifier, allmost every thing in India has to be bought by yourself, govt is meek spectators filling their bank accounts.

she obviously had a clinical depression that was never diagnosed. These severe depression cases needs to be handled properly...women with similar condition has done far worse things in the past...especially women who drown their kids before taking their own life.

I find it hard to believe that someone would kill themselves just because they can't have an Air Conditioner.
I tell there is huge insanity prevailing nowadays.. I know a person in my town whose son about 19-20 year old committed suicide 10-15 days ago and if you would know why? you would be laughing. He used to fast on Mondays with a votive and when it didn't fulfill, he committed suicide. When I heard this, I was completely shocked how people can take such things so wrong.

Height of insanity if true. But then many people are fickle minded at times and just not mentally strong enough. Or maybe something else might have also been the reason for the same. There is absolutely no reason to take one's life. If such a situation comes, it is better to fight the system and achieve the target instead of giving up one's life. AC is a sh!t thing for which it absolutely makes no sense to give up life. Having said that, I have also seen news of people killing others over fight of a ball or a hundred rupees or so in the past. So, not that surprising. RIP.

I think she hung herself from the fan so it breaks and causes her husband to die of heat stroke as well :finger: Some people are not depressed but just have a short temper/anxiety. I obviously don't know what was wrong with her but some people often lose it quickly and act irresponsibly like road rage, honor killing etc