This Is A Match That Should Have Been Won By India !!!

:hysterical::hysterical:..hahahah..now i need so more proof... welcome Anu_D...hope your blood pressure is well under control...whe you saw Dravid lifting the Patuadi cup as the winning captain.. Under the guidance of Captain Dravid...under his inspiration...HIS boys played with fire and won the series for him...even ganguly is obediently doing the things what his captain asked him to do...thus scoring runs and runs in this series...i am happy for ganguly...

RD was' date=' is and will remain the blockheaded idiot, forever fated to look over his shoulders to see if SRT or SG is stealing a march over him. Which is why even when he seems to be aggressive, it's a fools aggression. Basically, he is a wussie with no balls.[/quote'] Spoken like a typical dada lover who never lets an opportunity go by, without taking a shot at the Wall. Dravid deserves criticism for the way he batted. Not for opting to bat in the 3rd innings. If you guys are gonna heap any more criticism on him, i guess u have no idea what was going thru his mind. The trio (Dravid, Ganguly & Sachin) have almost played their entire career without a significant series win overseas. When they see an opportunity like this (with the series in the bag), they know how precious & rare this is and they wanna put themselves in a situation to guarantee themselves just that. Its easy to hound Dravid in hindsight, but if he had enforced the follow on and England went on to score 460 (they were on course to that kinda total btw) and we were reduced to 11/3 in the 4th innings, Dravid would have been castrated on this board. First of all its a THINK TANK's decision. (THINK TANK = Dravid, Sachin & Ganguly). So if you are gonna crucify Dravid feel free to do the honors on Sachin & Ganguly as well. Second, our bowlers were tired. They had just bowled 103 overs in the first innings to get England out. Add to it Zaheer's injury scare. It was a no brainer to bat in the 3rd innings. Unfortunately things didnt go according to the script (which would have to bat 30-40 overs to stretch the lead to 500). We found ourselves stuck at 11/3. From then on, panic set in. Panic that these guys have witnessed all their careers. No excuses for the way Dravid batted. But we must be celebrating a series win at this point, rather than slating Dravid & the team. At the beginning of the series 99 out of 100 would have taken a 1-0 series win in England. What more do u guys want ?

What do you guys think of Ganguly's decision to bat on the 3rd day's morning in Sydney 2004 to take our total to 700+ & opting to bat one more time in the 3rd innings (inspite of having a similar lead as this test) and without even having bagged a series win at that point ? Why didnt i see him criticised ?

So Bumps, what you are saying is that India's mind-set from the very beginning was to play for a draw. I mean, 8 out of 10 sides would have won the match from the position at the end of Day 3.
Not for a draw, TBP. Securing the series win, and then push for the win. They were just 4 wkts away, dammit. It was not a team playing for a draw. Who knows with some umpiring luck (Cook was out lbw to Sree early), held catches (Dravid and Dhoni), India would have won 2-0.

I am not happy about us drawing this test after scoring 664 in the first gig. But am not devastated either that we havent won this test. 1-0 or 2-0, 3 years from now we will only remember the series win, not the margin of victory. We have beaten England to pulp in this series & have outplayed them consistently, i am happy with that.

What do you guys think of Ganguly's decision to bat on the 3rd day's morning in Sydney 2004 to take our total to 700+ & opting to bat one more time in the 3rd innings (inspite of having a similar lead as this test) and without even having bagged a series win at that point ? Why didnt i see him criticised ?
When SG decided not to enforce the follow on, that was against the best test side in history, after they had scored in excess on 500 chasing 700 odd, and leaving a lead of around 230. Our bowlers had spent 1 1/2 days on the field. It was 40 overs into the day when the Aussie 1st innings had come to an end. Also, at that time, this team was just learning to win abroad. Yesterday, we were playing an average side lacking many of their frontline players, who had been bundled out for 330 odd, with a 320 odd lead. Our bowlers had been rested overnite, only 7 overs or so had been bowled by them in the morning. Our team has come a long way since that famous Australian tour. Very little of that has been bcoz of RDs leadership.

In the 2nd test , India struggled towards the end chasing only 73. If Dravid enforced the follow on and England managed to make a score of around 450 at a run rate of 4, say, this would have left India with about 30 - 35 overs to make 132. While that is also enough time to chase that score, it is also enough time for India to lose that match. Dravid did not want to undo the hard work done by India this series. The problem was not so much with Dravid's decision as it was the way that India batted. It was an opportunity for India to throw caution to the wind and go after England and try to score at 5 or 6 an over and give England 480-490 to win with about 120-130 overs remaining. Ganguly had the right mindset but unfortunately he was alone (Karthik also looked positive for the brief period). As for those who criticise Dravid's captaincy, let me remind you that our past 4 test series' have been abroad and India have won 3 of them (West Indies, Bangladesh, and now England). We almost beat SAF too, had it not been for our 2nd innings collapse in Cape Town. He captained excellently this series (especially his field settings and rotation of bowlers).