Varun Aaron injured again

Varun Aaron, the India fast bowler, has suffered a recurrence of a back injury that had ruled him out of India's tour to Australia last year. He is likely to be out of cricket till at least September, according to a report in the Indian Express. Aaron, whose last international game was in December in an ODI against West Indies in Visakhapatnam, returned to competitive cricket during the IPL. He played eight games for his franchise, Delhi Daredevils, and picked up eight wickets. "There was a slight niggle, but I was still good enough to bowl at my best during the IPL," Aaron told the Indian Express. "But as soon as I experienced the pain again, I returned to the NCA some five weeks back." "The back injury must have relapsed after the IPL," TA Sekar, Daredevils mentor said. "He was 100% fit during the matches he played and he even bowled at 145 kmh-plus in them." Sekar said it was only after putting Aaron through the franchise's rehab schedule that Daredevils decided to play him; Aaron played his first game only midway through the tournament. "Ideally the board should have sent him to Australia for treatment in December itself, especially since they had a qualified physio in Evan Speechly with them," Sekar said. "The two-month delay really cost him." Aaron was sent to the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore for his rehab after he was ruled out of the Australia tour. Aaron, who has played one Test and five ODIs for India, has had a history of back trouble, having suffered two stress fractures soon after he made his Ranji Trophy debut for Jharkhand in the 2008-09 season. He first played for India during the ODI series against England last October and made his Test debut the following month against West Indies. He was picked in India's Test squad for Australia, but once the stress reaction in his back was diagnosed, he was replaced by Karnataka seamer R Vinay Kumar.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/571634.html?CMP=chrome
"There was a slight niggle, but I was still good enough to bowl at my best during the IPL," Aaron told the Indian Express. "But as soon as I experienced the pain again, I returned to the NCA some five weeks back."
"The back injury must have relapsed after the IPL," TA Sekar, Daredevils mentor said. "He was 100% fit during the matches he played and he even bowled at 145 kmh-plus in them."
Contradictory statements.
^^^ Yup. But if Aaron had a slight niggle' date=' he should have not played considering his history with back injuries[/quote'] That is besides the point. First, the conflicting statements clearly shows one of these two [1] TA Sekar unaware of Aaron's injury [2] Both aware but want to hide
^^^ Yup. But if Aaron had a slight niggle' date=' he should have not played considering his history with back injuries[/quote'] No one will even going to miss IPL [perticulerly rising fasssst bolers] ... priorities change
The kind of run up he has and the effort he puts in his delivery stride will always keep him suspect to back and hamstring injuries. He needs to work on that ASAP.
and we all know what happens when a bowler tried to change his natural style :giggle:
Yadav changed his style after Zimbabwe tour and came back as a better bowler.
Irfan changed his style..we know where he is now... Anderson changed his style ..averge some time..later changed back now looking world class it can go either way..you cant be sure of whether he will become better or worse.. as for as Umesh goes he didnt played in tests before...while is ODI bowling is not that great even after changing style so u cant attribute it solely on change of style
Irfan changed his style..we know where he is now... Anderson changed his style ..averge some time..later changed back now looking world class it can go either way..you cant be sure of whether he will become better or worse.. as for as Umesh goes he didnt played in tests before...while is ODI bowling is not that great even after changing style so u cant attribute it solely on change of style
But he bowled better in IPL this time than ever after the change. Aaron only has injury problem, I am not asking him to change his action. His action is good, but he will need work on his run and landing. He needs to land straight rather than into the stumps towards fineleg. That twist and pivot after his landing is giving him back troubles.