Do you still have doubts that GC had a big hand in our WC defeat?

dial_100

Do you still have doubts that GC had a big hand in our WC defeat?  

1. 1.

• Yes- Of course.
    • No- I am sure not.
    • May be- Cant say for sure?

well lets look at it... we lost a match (against bangladesh) almost exclusively due to two turning points: one the decision at the toss which would have sealed the deal for us, and second, when ganguly, dhoni and yuvraj fell in quick succession, thus the team total well short by a good 30-40 runs. a runrate of 4.6 or more to chase against a spirited bowling attack was always beyond bangladesh. secondly, we did not quite stand much of a chance against sri lanka. they were arguably the second best side in the entire tournament and we were no where close to our best. yeah we might have beaten them in the odis just before the WC but we did so against a team lacking murli. the dismissal of dhoni on the very first ball was a glimpse of murli's genius and he was the difference between the two teams. we did well to reign them in to a 250-255 total but could not chase it. i will however point a finger at chapell for disturbing a formula that works: opening with tendulkar.

it sucks.. why u ppl keep making one guy a scapegoat.... we lost 2 games, hence we were knocked out.. now whateever the fackin story is.. its not greg chappelz fault.. its the players who have played the game and not g.c. wht can greag chappel do if a team is ready to face defeat against bangladesh??.. tendulkar, dhon, etc players didn't play a gr8 role in either games against lanka and bangla.. what can chappel do then.. the whole team whic had sehwag, gang, tendulkar, dravid, dhoni, yuvraj weren't able to defeat the bangla.. what can chappel do with that??.. he can't go on the pitch and and instruct them by keeping his handz on the batsmans bat and batting along with them.. it was team's shyt, disgraceful performance in just 2 odis which marked the exit of our team from the shyttest world cup.. don't make Chappel a "Bali ka Bakra" thatz it.. its not g.c or anyone person.. its the team..

I think GC played a part when it came to messing with our teams mental state. That said team ki mental state can only be messed with if it was f@ked to start with.
acha?? where did this mental stated was when India defeated windies in the warm up game comfortably??? just a week before???

Yup - 100%. He dropped Sachin from opening (with blessings from Rahul Dravid) & this was the biggest mistake. Perhaps the results would have been different with Sachin opening. GC destroyed the team inside out so that Australia could win without a fight from anyone. I predicted so when GC took over the coachship on the old ICF.

GC has done his part by spoiling the Indian team' date='broke the back bone by firing Gangu,demoting Tendu to middle order and allowing boneless amoeba to lead to doom.[/quote'] But wasnt it under the same Coach and team , did we not win a world record 16 wins chasing ? and were almost unbeatable in 2005.
GC has done his part by spoiling the Indian team' date='broke the back bone by firing Gangu,demoting Tendu to middle order and allowing boneless amoeba to lead to doom.[/quote'] ganguly was fired cuz he wasnt playing well anyway.. his intentions were good but the way he carriedout things backfired..
Nothing to do with the coach really. Coach hardly has a hand and IMO he does not contribute more than about 10% to wins and losses. Blaming the world cup debacle on a coach is an easy way out but far from fact.
Then what for we need a coach ,incentives for the win,five star treatment for his wife etc. Better to have some oldies rather than hi-fi s.
But wasnt it under the same Coach and team ' date=' did we not win a world record 16 wins chasing ? and were almost unbeatable in 2005.[/quote'] GC was supposed to get us the wold cup.winning the 15 matches does not equate to the world cup.Even if India lost few matches like Srilankans , reaching the finals of world cup would have satisfied us.The nett result is a big let down because of the clash of egos . The egoistic GC always want to provethat he is better than Tendu .GC have proved that Steve is right on judgement.In the end GC has improved his bank balance and we have lost our confidence.I will believe Tendu's statement than that of egoistic.
GC was supposed to get us the wold cup.winning the 15 matches does not equate to the world cup.Even if India lost few matches like Srilankans , reaching the finals of world cup would have satisfied us.The nett result is a big let down because of the clash of egos . The egoistic GC always want to provethat he is better than Tendu .GC have proved that Steve is right on judgement.In the end GC has improved his bank balance and we have lost our confidence.I will believe Tendu's statement than that of egoistic.
amen to that! I hope bcci learned its lesson by never hiring a aussie again as our head coach. don't trust them kangaroos.