Saina Nehwal wins Bronze...

Roshanrocks

^ well, Its your own responsibility to keep yourself fit for such events and such important games. If you don't do that its your own fault. Never should your opponent be robbed his/her credit in such condition. Well done Saina. You definitely deserved it.

While albeit in strange circumstances and I'm sure Saina would've loved to win it with a full match, it was no fault of her that her opponent was unfit (to take any further part in the match as a result of the injury). Saina did well to reach the Bronze medal game and got the Bronze. Congrats for the Bronze Saina. Btw, there was great support for Saina at the stadium :two_thumbs_up:

Unfit?! The other player broke her knee halfway through the match having already won the first set. It had nothing to do with the other player being "Unfit", just pure unluckiness. Was Eduardo "unfit" when he got his leg broken? Was Ramsey unfit when Shawcross broke his leg? Was Jones unfit when he went to field the boundary and his foot got stuck in the turf? Same situation? Just completely unlucky.

she is a very good player but she will never beat these chinese dykes. i dont watch a whole lot of badminton, but to me it was pretty clear that they serve better than her, play better at the net, and score quicker. saina plays unnecessarily long rallies and doesn't finish points quickly. that makes her more mistake prone. she spends too much time trying to 'open' up the court and that doesn't work against their aggressive, quicker players. i also never understood the preference for the long serve...especially against the taller chinese girl in the semifinal, who was clearly adept at getting it back. strange tactics. she is also way too fat.