Blog: Urban Gypsy | Girl Molested in Delhi Metro General Compartment

Stuge

How do you change a society quickly where family culture still produces sexually repressed males? Unfortunately there are no quick fixes. Its going to take another couple of decades for India to enter the modern world.
This.. but I would say modern mentality instead of modern world.. I am expecting more of these to happen in near future... India is getting divided into two... modern and orthodox/poor famillies... people, specially youngsters from orthodox n/or poor families are deprived.. and when they come accross someone (girls who are preetily dressed up) from the other divide they will tend to do such shameful things.. it's the reality and people from the modern divide better understand that quickly and show cause.. I am not defending those puunks but just saying that it is the reality of the time..

I had a similar experience (minus the sexual harassment)' date=' first issue is the manners and general behavior. People dont have curtsy to let other people get on and off. They will block the door and wont move and inch. Even if one says anything they just smile at you. the dumb -weird smile which just means "heheheheh i have no clue what you are saying"[/quote'] I am not trying to be a typical NRI and trash our aam admi's civic sense. But I am just appalled at how things have turned out. I was in one of the most famous hospitals in Chennai the other day with my girlfriend. First this Bong dude (Dont know why there are so many Bengalis at major hospitals in chennai :dontknow:) standing next to us turns around and literally "scans" my gf head to toe right in front of me and I went ballistic on him. He didnt even understand what I was saying, but just turned away and was soon "Scanning" other young women nonchalantly. Then I stand in queue for paying a bill, this bhaiyya just walks past me as if am a statue and starts shoving his bill in the counter. I asked him whether I was a fool to wait in the queue for 20 minutes while this mahashay can just walk to the counter, he didnt even acknowledge me. After him, another typical tammie grandpa just brushed me aside to the counter :facepalm: I just gave up on trying to eyeball everyone, just went with the flow after that.. Delhi is like the tharki capital even by Indian standards. I have personally seen things that I wish I hadnt. I was a small boy then and this guy just whips out his dick on a jam packed bus, rubbing it on some young girl's back. Back then I didnt even fully understand WTF was happening :((

I am not trying to be a typical NRI and trash our aam admi's civic sense. But I am just appalled at how things have turned out. I was in one of the most famous hospitals in Chennai the other day with my girlfriend. First this Bong dude (Dont know why there are so many Bengalis at major hospitals in chennai :dontknow:) standing next to us turns around and literally "scans" my gf head to toe right in front of me and I went ballistic on him. He didnt even understand what I was saying, but just turned away and was soon "Scanning" other young women nonchalantly. Then I stand in queue for paying a bill, this bhaiyya just walks past me as if am a statue and starts shoving his bill in the counter. I asked him whether I was a fool to wait in the queue for 20 minutes while this mahashay can just walk to the counter, he didnt even acknowledge me. After him, another typical tammie grandpa just brushed me aside to the counter :facepalm: I just gave up on trying to eyeball everyone, just went with the flow after that.. Delhi is like the tharki capital even by Indian standards. I have personally seen things that I wish I hadnt. I was a small boy then and this guy just whips out his dick on a jam packed bus, rubbing it on some young girl's back. Back then I didnt even fully understand WTF was happening :((
:hysterical::hysterical: yeah its not funny, but then again it is. I hear these stories quite frequently, specially from NRIs. Is it because after coming abroad some of you go all civilized, lose your lingo etc?? My Bihari roots are too dug in I suppose, utarte ke saath gaali chaloo. Things fall in place. Having a reputation is not often bad:winky: Not trying to make light of a serious issue here, will bail out now :vroam:

Delhi is like the tharki capital even by Indian standards. I have personally seen things that I wish I hadnt. I was a small boy then and this guy just whips out his dick on a jam packed bus, rubbing it on some young girl's back. Back then I didnt even fully understand WTF was happening :((
:omg: Reminds me of one incident when I was sitting between a tharki guy (45+ probably) and a girl. That guy was repeatedly trying to touch girls legs and his shoulders. That was most awkward moment I faced. I was trying to stop that guy for like 15 mins and my patience was losing. That girl was trying go as far as possible. I felt like throwing him out, though I didn't. At the end I shouted why he can't sit properly. I guess when I couldn't do much against that guy, how difficult would it be for girls to react to sudden attack.

:omg: Reminds me of one incident when I was sitting between a tharki guy (45+ probably) and a girl. That guy was repeatedly trying to touch girls legs and his shoulders. That was most awkward moment I faced. I was trying to stop that guy for like 15 mins and my patience was losing. That girl was trying go as far as possible. I felt like throwing him out, though I didn't. At the end I shouted why he can't sit properly. I guess when I couldn't do much against that guy, how difficult would it be for girls to react to sudden attack.
This reminds me of another incident in Delhi - people just do not mind their business. I am at New Delhi Railway Station (long distance train) waiting for a Rajdhani. If it is Delhi and it's December there is fog and trains are delays. So, I decided to make a few calls to my friends, family etc. I spend like 1.5 hours on phone calling people I haven't done in the past 6 months. After I am done, this mahaashay from nowhere comes up to me and says Bhaisahaab, Aaj bahut phone pe lage ho :facepalm: What I said next to him is better not revealed. :D

:hysterical::hysterical: yeah its not funny, but then again it is. I hear these stories quite frequently, specially from NRIs. Is it because after coming abroad some of you go all civilized, lose your lingo etc?? My Bihari roots are too dug in I suppose, utarte ke saath gaali chaloo. Things fall in place. Having a reputation is not often bad:winky: Not trying to make light of a serious issue here, will bail out now :vroam:
I guess its more to do with realization that "Civilized" isnt just about reminiscing abt how our ancestors were so developed even when the western world was still in the Dark ages and tom-toming abt how great a civilization we are. All along we have been conditioned such that we think its ok to throw garbage onto the streets as long as our house is clean, that its ok to shove your way through a queue, etc etc (List is too long)...No, its not that most NRIs are pompous, its just that we all experience things that we wish we had back home.

This reminds me of another incident in Delhi - people just do not mind their business. I am at New Delhi Railway Station (long distance train) waiting for a Rajdhani. If it is Delhi and it's December there is fog and trains are delays. So, I decided to make a few calls to my friends, family etc. I spend like 1.5 hours on phone calling people I haven't done in the past 6 months. After I am done, this mahaashay from nowhere comes up to me and says Bhaisahaab, Aaj bahut phone pe lage ho :facepalm: What I said next to him is better not revealed. :D
he was just trying to start a conversation.maybe he didnt hv a phone to pass time:dontknow: I bet you wouldnt hv been so inconsiderate if it was a hot girl asking that,except the Bhaisaab part ofcourse:winky:

I dont see what wrong the guy did? In small villages its very common for people to strike up conversations with complete strangers. In fact its the city folks who have got ruder and react like you did

LOL! That's something to be upset about? What was wrong in saying, Bas Bhaisaahab popularity hi itni hai or if you were genuinely upset just ignored and walked away.

I am not trying to be a typical NRI and trash our aam admi's civic sense. But I am just appalled at how things have turned out. I was in one of the most famous hospitals in Chennai the other day with my girlfriend. First this Bong dude (Dont know why there are so many Bengalis at major hospitals in chennai :dontknow:) standing next to us turns around and literally "scans" my gf head to toe right in front of me and I went ballistic on him. He didnt even understand what I was saying, but just turned away and was soon "Scanning" other young women nonchalantly. Then I stand in queue for paying a bill, this bhaiyya just walks past me as if am a statue and starts shoving his bill in the counter. I asked him whether I was a fool to wait in the queue for 20 minutes while this mahashay can just walk to the counter, he didnt even acknowledge me. After him, another typical tammie grandpa just brushed me aside to the counter :facepalm: I just gave up on trying to eyeball everyone, just went with the flow after that.. Delhi is like the tharki capital even by Indian standards. I have personally seen things that I wish I hadnt. I was a small boy then and this guy just whips out his dick on a jam packed bus, rubbing it on some young girl's back. Back then I didnt even fully understand WTF was happening :((
That is how people treat Anonymous. :((

Thats polite dilli wala, if he really wanted to get under your skin his sentence would have started with behen and ended with ke.

Arey I tried that route too by making fun of myself and situation, but people just smile, show you their beautiful teeth but they don't move an inch no matter what you do.