Imran Khan "Explains" why Pakistan produces fast bowlers

jonas10

They've all been sharp ... But India have yet to produce a genuine quick ... Someone consistently in the 150+ region such as Lee' date=' Shoaib, Tait, or Thomson.[/quote'] yadav did in Australia... I remember 1 over where almost all deliveries were above 150.... I think one was even 157 (if I remember correctly)
They've all been sharp ... But India have yet to produce a genuine quick ... Someone consistently in the 150+ region such as Lee' date=' Shoaib, Tait, or Thomson.[/quote'] They are express bowlers. How many express bowlers has word produced? 4, 5 or 6 not more than that. Anyone who bowls 140+ or can touch 90 mph is a genuine quick and all of the have done that in their career span.

Nah nothing was 157 ... He hit 152.5 in an ODI against Sri Lanka and Ishant hit 150+ a couple of times in the Test series ... But the 4 I mentioned above could bowl spells (well tbh I cant speak for Thomson but I am assuming he could too, but I've seen the other 3 do it) where most balls were 150+, not just a random ball.

They are express bowlers. How many express bowlers has word produced? 4, 5 or 6 not more than that. Anyone who bowls 140+ or can touch 90 mph is a genuine quick and all of the have done that in their career span.
Yeah I know, I'm not disagreeing with you. To be honest, I don't think a 150+ bowler is necessarily more effective than a 140+ bowler but its disappointing given our population that we've never produced one. Australia have produced 3
Yeah I know' date=' I'm not disagreeing with you. To be honest, I don't think a 150+ bowler is necessarily more effective than a 140+ bowler but its disappointing given our population that we've never produced one. Australia have produced 3[/quote'] every second bowler in Australia clock 140K.
Nah nothing was 157 ... He hit 152.5 in an ODI against Sri Lanka and Ishant hit 150+ a couple of times in the Test series ... But the 4 I mentioned above could bowl spells (well tbh I cant speak for Thomson but I am assuming he could too' date=' but I've seen the other 3 do it) where most balls were 150+, not just a random ball.[/quote'] Tait never did it in Test matches. Even Lee and Akhtar did it rarely in test matches. I am sure yadav can do that but I have never seen him go all out and it is better not to as it only hurts the body. You dont need to be 150 plus to take wickets.
Tait never did it in Test matches. Even Lee and Akhtar did it rarely in test matches. I am sure yadav can do that but I have never seen him go all out and it is better not to as it only hurts the body. You dont need to be 150 plus to take wickets.
Have we had any bowler do that in any form of the game?

In England, South Africa, decent bowlers who can hit good lengths consistently in 140s will be enough! But if you want to get wickets in Australia or subcontinent, you need to hit high 140s and 150 consistently and use some brain! You don't want to bowl bouncers/full lengths all the day! Mix them up and set up the batsman!

There are bowlers in India who bowl 140+ - Ishant, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aron, Dinda just to name a few. Some others can also clock 140 but they usually cut down on pace and rely on swing. This guy is talking as if Pak produced express fast bowlers by the truckload. Just Akthar. :hehe:

In England' date=' South Africa, decent bowlers who can hit good lengths consistently in 140s will be enough! But if you want to get wickets in Australia or subcontinent, you need to hit high 140s and 150 consistently and use some brain! You don't want to bowl bouncers/full lengths all the day! Mix them up and set up the batsman![/quote'] In Australia in particular because of the extra bounce. An extra 5-10km/h with steep bounce can often catch batsmen out, particularly those who initially press forward and then struggle to get back.
Have we had any bowler do that in any form of the game?
It is all good to have 150K plus bowler but rather I would like to have a bowler who can clock 140 and swing the ball, play tests for India and take wickets rather than one who is clocking 155 but rarely plays matches.
There are bowlers in India who bowl 140+ - Ishant, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aron, Dinda. Some others can also clock 140 but they usually cut down on pace and rely on swing. This guy is talking as if Pak produced express fast bowlers by the truckload. Just Akthar. :hehe:
They've produced one more than us ... And that one happened to be the fastest in history.
It is all good to have 150K plus bowler but rather I would like to have a bowler who can clock 140 and swing the ball' date=' play tests for India and take wickets rather than one who is clocking 155 but rarely plays matches.[/quote'] Of course ... So would I ... but I was just saying that its dissapointing we dont have someone who can bowl that 150+ pace consistently, given the large population we have.

^^Not important. We need bowlers who can bowl 140 and get swing like Bhuvaneswar. Ability to swing and having control and bowling 135 is enough to trouble the batsmen provided there is some help for bowlers which is usually the case in Aus, Eng, SA. Bowlers like Ishant who bowl 140+ and cant get movement will find it much harder to pick wickets.