teams for final odi

observer1

nah... I would keep GG.. replace Aggy with RP even Munna will do only if he is fit. Play Gambhir right after Yuv. Let Uthhu stay at #7. So, SRT, SG RD, Yuv Dhons GG Uthhu Pow ZK Chawla RP Dhoni, Yuv, GG and Uthhu are all good runners. So once they lose SG, everyone else is a good running. So leave, RD to play with SG if SRT departs before him. After RD, even Yuv can deal with SG. But new guys have no idea how to handle RBW with SG. GG and SG will be quite a site to watch if they get in the middle together..

RPS for Aggy. Early wickets of Cook/Prior are useless. It is the death bowling that is important as the Oval showed it. Even with 137/5..Shah,. Wright and Masca went on to get a big score even without the 30 run last over. 137/5 to 296 (had it been a 10 run last over) was big enough recovery. We should get good 4 bowlers and somd masala ODI bowlers for the 5th bowler. Can't have Aggy as a bowler and have 2 spinners too.

nice one shwetabh - aggy looks like he is bowling on a slope - and a downward one at that too! Maybe Munaf for Aggy then - I am loathe to consider two left-armers, unless both are very experienced. About the running, what seemed definite to me was seeing Tendulkar literally goad Ganguly towards running during their first wicket partnership. I am sure it is part of a RD-SRT plan to get Ganguly running for those ones and twos. Interesting no one has commented on the English lineup. They desperately need another bowler - and I suspect they will sacrifice Cook to get a bowler in

Agarkar possibly bowled the best spell by an Indian pacer in recent memory in match-4. Dravid wouldnt have forgotten that. And RPS has been almost non-existant in ODIs, to be honest. Cant remember him doing anything worthwhile for a long time in ODIs.