English and IPL

superstar

Is it me or England as whole seem to have lost its mind to this pointless IPL vs County discussion?? From twitter to national newspapers they seem to be operating on one intent - talk crap about IPL Accussing IPL of low grade cricket compared to county, fixing, how Indian fans are stupid following this detestable form of cricket. ECB president asking for IPL to finish by April 30th or requesting BCCI for financial compensation is the most stupidest thing ever to come from the English :sick: Why should we care about what English domestic cricket :sick: We do not even care for Ranji :haha: A classic example http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/17/the-spin-day-with-ipl

Bits of it, is the honest answer, which is more than expected, and the dull middle overs are hardly the IPL's fault, they're simply a symptom of T20.
Has this fellow even watched one test match?

I agree they need not write reams comparing the two. But the point above in Red is a fact.
They say IPL is low grade compared to the high quality county. Are you telling me that is the case? Yes it is low quality compared to international cricket but at least the fielding has improved over the seasons.

From joker david hopps today

It is tempting to suggest that IPL 6 behaves - appropriately enough - like a six-year-old. It seems forever on the verge of crying out: "Look at me, daddy, look at what I can do." And so we look, and we smile, even though we have seen the trick a thousand times.
Probably more like county crying out... More stupid gems here http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/630904.html
he IPL longs to feel unique, grown up, and thinks it will conquer the world. It has youth, energy, ambition, and sees the world through its own needs and its own needs alone.
As opposed to county and English fans who have a wordly reason for supporting county and want IPL not to be played during the offseason of 8 cricket boards

The bottom line is England cant have their version of IPL or something that can be compared to their own EPL (football). I dont understand why they crititize so much abt the IPL...when most of the good better players which teams in EPL buy are foreigner anyway. They dont want to watch IPL...fine...they can just go to the ground & watch their county which is very boring (for the rest of the world).

IPL is way better the english T20 tournament. Thats why they are so jealous. They slaughter IPL yet in same breath talk about how to make their T20 tourney as big as IPL and how to make it full of razzamatazz, the exact thing they critiicse IPL for:hysterical: They are jealous OP is spot on.

Is that even a question? Between the two - County cricket and IPL - clearly IPL is the poorer (in terms of quality)' date=' of course IPL is richer (in terms of money)[/quote'] are you on drugs? or have you actually been to a recent county game? County cricket of the 70s and 80s was incredibly high on quality with great imports. As of today the game is a shadow of what it was before. IPL aside, international cricket really crushed the county game which at one point was the highest paying domestic league in the world. The quality is pants as the talent is split 18 ways between various counties. england just does not have the talent to maintain quality. The quality especially in the second division of county cricket is abysmal.

i also think we should not compare the domestic test or 4 day game of England to that of the T20 game in the IPL. Its like comparing apples and oranges. IPL is the only free to air cricket there in the UK shown on itv4. I think it hurts english fans the most at that they have to pay to watch county cricket while others (like British Indians) can watch IPL for free. There is the crux of the matter. A significant chunk of British Asians do indeed watch the IPL. Its a segment even English cricket has failed to tap. Attitudes are changing and IMO in 10 years time this negativity will stop once the IPL becomes the norm.

The 2 countries whining most about IPL right now. England and Pakistan(though 2nd most viewership comes from this country :laugh:) Once their players start playing, watch them take a u-turn and go on about how IPL is the best thing. As far as quality of cricket is concerned, its clear nothing beats International cricket as for domestic cricket. County maybe having more quality but surely no one would bother watching it? IPL was never made to churn out players, it is a competition among the best over-seas players and domestic/international Indian players.

The 2 countries whining most about IPL right now. England and Pakistan(though 2nd most viewership comes from this country :laugh:) Once their players start playing, watch them take a u-turn and go on about how IPL is the best thing. As far as quality of cricket is concerned, its clear nothing beats International cricket as for domestic cricket. County maybe having more quality but surely no one would bother watching it? IPL was never made to churn out players, it is a competition among the best over-seas players and domestic/international Indian players.
thats a good point. I think once there are 6-7 England players who are household names playing for the franchises they will watch it more. For me Luke Wright needs to be playing for pune in place of mathews. Morgan is also on a good run.

thats a good point. I think once there are 6-7 England players who are household names playing for the franchises they will watch it more. For me Luke Wright needs to be playing for pune in place of mathews. Morgan is also on a good run.
its very difficult to find 6-7 english players when they have a team full of saffers

English media.Well they know they have been swept to the footpaths in terms of power in world cricket.They cant stomach the fact that India a country that they ruled once is above them in terms of influence.Another thing that hurts them is that no top grade foreigner now plays in county cricket as most play in IPL. Whine Whine Whine..............Keep Whining Englishmen.

I don't care what these idiots speak of IPL, county cricket my ***. I am not much of a test fan unless India is playing. Seriously do they think that county cricket has more viewership than IPL? They are just jealous of the fame that IPL has achieved. They can talk whatever they want. I'll turn a deaf ear to them and enjoy watching IPL. It doesn't matter which team wins, IPL is a good entertainer.