Dear Virat! Mumbai says Hi!

Prakat

The Mumbai crowd is a hard audience. We will wind you up. And if you get affected by it we will wind you up some more. Why? Because that's life in the city. Welcome to the jungle, son! And don't take it personally for ****s sake. Nobody gets a VIP pass. Not Sachin, not SRK and not you. And what is this nonsense about not forgetting you play for the national side? What does that have to do with anything in the middle of a franchise vs franchise match. If Army and Railways are playing a Kabaddi match and one Army player backs away too soon the Railway crowd will shout "Darpok! Darpok!" and nobody expects or wants to see the Army guy get all weepy and self-righteous about his job. That would be just pathetic. As you were last night. And so what if you didn't cheat in fact? That's what makes it really juicy. If you cheated then what's the fun in calling you one? The taunt works far better when you did no cheating at all! :laugh: We will use what we can to ruffle your feathers, make you lose focus, make sure we win. So man up and smile cuz you just got played. Protip: Next time, take it like a man.

Oh yes, the Mumbai crowd will call you a 'cheat' when you play IPL and that is absolutely fine. Well done :two_thumbs_up: Next we will see Sachin/Viru/Dravid/Dhoni/Zaheer being called a cheat when playing away IPL games and expect them to 'chin up and act like men'.

Idk why Kohli reacts strongly to crowds. First the middle finger incident in Australia and now this. iirc he had one incident in previous IPL as well? or the one before where he had altercation with a fan. Fans are known to be vile and filthy mouthed in stadium. Best to ignore them, just makes him seem like a whiny little girl.

This thread has potential... :agree: Having thought about the incident, I cannot condone what the crowd did... Calling a player "cheater" is not on... :headshake: I can agree with occasional "booing" to convey your message but calling a player "cheater" is pathetic and classless... Kohli is turning out to be a highly obnoxious player the way he reacts to public and his own team mates... On top of it his facial expressions too doesn't helps.. He'll have to "grow" up if he wishes to lead the Indian team in future... Having said that, he doesn't deserves to be called cheater... There's no bravado in taunting a player from the safety of being in a crowd...

First it was Yuvraj who openly complained about the Mumbai crowd, now it is Virat. This has to be some sort of India's first in terms of players of the Indian national teams so openly coming against a crowd in an Indian venue.

This thread has potential... :agree: Having thought about the incident, I cannot condone what the crowd did... Calling a player "cheater" is not on... :headshake: I can agree with occasional "booing" to convey your message but calling a player "cheater" is pathetic and classless... Kohli is turning out to be a highly obnoxious player the way he reacts to public and his own team mates... On top of it his facial expressions too doesn't helps.. He'll have to "grow" up if he wishes to lead the Indian team in future... Having said that, he doesn't deserves to be called cheater... There's no bravado in taunting a player from the safety of being in a crowd...
:nice:

1. As much as I love Mumbai, booing an opposition captain during the post match presentation ceremony, after he has lost the match, is not nice. Calling him a cheat is definitely not acceptable behavior. Had it happened to India in Australia, we all would be up in arms calling them names. 2. Responding to crowd taunts, for any captain, is idiotic and dumb. Crowds are generally dumb, they love seeking attention in various ways. Virat Kohli mostly comes across as an obnoxious idiot ready to respond to the slightest provocation. He is always animated and always clearly expresses his annoyance on the smallest of mistakes by his bowlers and fielders.

1. As much as I love Mumbai, booing an opposition captain during the post match presentation ceremony, after he has lost the match, is not nice. Calling him a cheat is definitely not acceptable behavior. Had it happened to India in Australia, we all would be up in arms calling them names. 2. Responding to crowd taunts, for any captain, is idiotic and dumb. Crowds are generally dumb, they love seeking attention in various ways. Virat Kohli mostly comes across as an obnoxious idiot ready to respond to the slightest provocation. He is always animated and always clearly expresses his annoyance on the smallest of mistakes by his bowlers and fielders.
Good post bot Mumbai crowd and Kohli need to take a chill pill

Idk why Kohli reacts strongly to crowds. First the middle finger incident in Australia and now this. iirc he had one incident in previous IPL as well? or the one before where he had altercation with a fan. Fans are known to be vile and filthy mouthed in stadium. Best to ignore them' date=' just makes him seem like a whiny little girl.[/quote'] Kohli has also shown the Mumbai crowd his middle finger in the semi-final match held at the DY Patil Stadium in 2010. It's a long crowd-vs-player rivalry and it's gonna continue for some time, specially during IPL.

Kohli has also shown the Mumbai crowd his middle finger in the semi-final match held at the DY Patil Stadium in 2010. It's a long crowd-vs-player rivalry and it's gonna continue for some time' date= specially during IPL.
Never knew that. :hmmm: I don't blame them much now :P but I'm waiting when he steps into the Eden Gardens.

Never knew that. :hmmm: I don't blame them much now :P but I'm waiting when he steps into the Eden Gardens.
That was the first time I had seen Virat Kohli in a ground, and we were all shocked to see his reaction to a pretty minor jeering. Kallis and Steyn were jeered too, but they did not even react. If Kohli wants to play his cricket in his feck-you manner, he should be ready to take it sportingly when he is on the receiving end as well. P.S. The Kolkata crowd has been a big fan of Kohli till now. Waiting to see if anything changes.