With Irfan Pathan "injured" - if you were the selector...

Well firstly what a relief that crapthan is out, Squad gets strengthened now Shami defo. Did very well in last series and wrongly dropped. Good bowler and frankly maybe a pleyrs for test team V SA. Great pick Indian selctors are starting to scare me with their good picks and team selction. As finding myself agreeing with odi team 100%. Only person who should not be in squad is mishra. We must move away from these one dimesional players, he is a fat man, no fat men should be allowed anymore

Shami over Mohit anyday, what I HAVE SEEN OF HIM IS NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL, he bowls in early 130's, short statured and no significant movement , he was overhyped by Pont, Shami is in a different league, we have bowlers by the dozen similar to Mohit in domestic.

Shami over Mohit anyday' date=' what I HAVE SEEN OF HIM IS NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL, he bowls in early 130's, short statured and no significant movement , he was overhyped by Pont, Shami is in a different league, we have bowlers by the dozen similar to Mohit in domestic.[/quote'] Mohit has the best control I have seen in India. He bowls around 135K. Shami is not much quicker, only 2-3k difference in top pace and seams the ball both ways. He has different kind of opposite seam movement which no other Indian bowler gets. We dont have a single bowler like Mohit in domestic cricket.

Pankaj Singh would be a direct replacement for the useless Ishant Sharma. He is as tall as Ishant, can swing the ball as well as hit the deck to get movement off the seam. We need to try out tall hit-the-deck type of bowlers like him considering the next World Cup is in Australia.

Mohit has the best control I have seen in India. He bowls around 135K. Shami is not much quicker' date=' only 2-3k difference in top pace and seams the ball both ways. He has different kind of opposite seam movement which no other Indian bowler gets. We dont have a single bowler like Mohit in domestic cricket.[/quote'] shami is way better and accurate. We have bhuvi who resembles mohit. Mohit should be tested in A tours and if he does well he can be selected. Dropping shami was unfair.
shami is way better and accurate. We have bhuvi who resembles mohit. Mohit should be tested in A tours and if he does well he can be selected. Dropping shami was unfair.
I am not against Shami. I am just saying Mohit was the stand out fast bowler among Indian pacers in every department, ER, wicket taking ability, average, etc. Mohit and BK are two different bowlers. BK is a swing bowler while Mohit is a seam and cut bowler. In whole IPL, there was barely any ball he bowled on pads that tells you about his control. The kind of seam movement he was getting after pitching the ball is unseen in Indian bowlers, seen Asif getting that in the past.
Munaf Patel' date=' his accuracy and wicket to wicket bowling is breath taking to watch.[/quote'] MUNAF is below par and should never be playing for INDIA. MUNAF is one of the weakest fielders who has played for any cricket international team. he bowls at 120 to 125k and we have atleast 20 fast bowlers today whom we would play ahead of him.....even mumbai indians selected many fast bowlers ahead of MUNAF..... Surprised there are still some MUNAF supporters
Shami
Shami , Pawan Suyal and Rahul Shukla are talented along with MOhit but it seems Shammi is ahead of other 3 as he has played and his performance was very good when ever he represented INDIA just that BHUVI got a bit more success and Hence he was persisted and Shammi dropped....Shammi did bowl 4 maiden overs at the start of his career in ODI and that itself pleasantly Surprised me as i never saw any new ball bowler starting hsi career having that kind of control..........he was always faster than BHUVI and had good control.. i think he bowled upto 141k....normally from 133k to 141k which is good as he always had great control over line n length. Having said all the above MOHIT performed well in IPL but still is slower than SHAMMI so i dont wanna support MOhit as i beleive in international matches i shud be able to bowl great line n lentgth and upto 140k if not more....pawan suyal bowled upto 144k and bowled very well Rahul bowled some splendid balls..just that they did not get much chance in IPL to show case thier talent. good lin n length around 140 is Dangerous

Shami is more talented then Sreesanth with better pace , rhythm and control also very disciplined and seams as well as swings the ball, I have seen him bowl 145 k's even in domestic and looks like this IPL he played it safe and just got few games unjustifiably also dropped and bowled slower, Mohit is an average bowler to me, he just seams a bit at 133 k and is on the shorter side, I don't see him as a bowler making way in any team as yet. Pakaj is the best we have currently if he ain't injured, wonder why he never played in IPL, IDEAL TEST BOWLER, AROUND 6'6, SEAMS THE BALL AT CLOSE TO 140'S AND GET BOUNCE IS ACCURATE AND CAN BOWL TO PLAN, Shami after him then Suyal, Shukla has raw pace and should play A tour with Mohit, Kaul also is very very impressive and way ahead of Mohit.

Sandeep Sharma. He has a knack of picking early wkts' date=' keeps it tight and would make a great opening pair along with Bhuvi.[/quote'] Sandeep is still too young, just 19. We dont not want the same fate for him like Pathan and Ishant when both were brought early. It halted their progress. He still needs to play and improve a lot.
Shami is more talented then Sreesanth with better pace ' date=' rhythm and control also very disciplined and seams as well as swings the ball, [b']I have seen him bowl 145 k's even in domestic and looks like this IPL he played it safe and just got few games unjustifiably also dropped and bowled slower, Mohit is an average bowler to me, he just seams a bit at 133 k and is on the shorter side, I don't see him as a bowler making way in any team as yet. Pakaj is the best we have currently if he ain't injured, wonder why he never played in IPL, IDEAL TEST BOWLER, AROUND 6'6, SEAMS THE BALL AT CLOSE TO 140'S AND GET BOUNCE IS ACCURATE AND CAN BOWL TO PLAN, Shami after him then Suyal, Shukla has raw pace and should play A tour with Mohit, Kaul also is very very impressive and way ahead of Mohit.
When did he hit 145 in domestic. He has not hit 145 even in internationals yet. He is more of 135-142K bowler, mostly around 135-138 range.
i'll try to post the videos' date=' I have seen in domestic, a tours, ipl and we all know he is sharp, can swing and seam, a bowler like him who has easy runup, good action, tireless and is nippy, is potential.[/quote'] 135-143K range is sharp. He is sharp but not fast.
135-143K range is sharp. He is sharp but not fast.
Never ever said fast, all my posts above infact emphasize the same point, he is sharp fast mediumish, but mainly he has skills and a very good action, he is up there with Pankaj, Suyal, Kaul can be there in a season or two, Mohit, Dhawal at least two rungs below.