I am not happy with my career right now - Yuvraj Singh

Feed

I don't know if you are trying to be a smart ass or what cuz I think you are making a fool of yourself here.
No sir. I am neither being a smart ass nor making a fool out of myself, as far as I know.
I am in no way contesting that Yuvraj has had a good run in tests
Are you sure? Because here is what you said earlier :
He needs to be given a consistent run in the tests
However, its a question of talent and whether Yuvraj will eventually start delivering in Tests and that too in a big way
Can you provide a concrete definition of "eventually"?
I am talking about his willingness to play in the test team which will motivate him to do well and he has the talent and ability to back it up with and he can score runs in it.
I am also very motivated and talented to play in the test team. Should I be selected?
he got the talent and to show what he got.
Yeah, like he has done in his illustrious test career so far.:hysterical:

Quote qs.gif I am in no way contesting that Yuvraj has had a good run in tests qe.gif Are you sure? Because here is what you said earlier : Quote qs.gif He needs to be given a consistent run in the tests qe.gif Read what I said again. What I mean is he hasn't performed upto par in the run/chances has got and thats a known cuz otherwise he would be in the team. This doesnt equate to him getting a consistent run in the test team and not being dropped/chopped after a match and a series here and there.

I am talking about his willingness to play in the test team which will motivate him to do well and he has the talent and ability to back it up with and he can score runs in it. qe.gif I am also very motivated and talented to play in the test team. Should I be selected? Have you demonstrated your ability and talent in any form of international cricket yet? Yuvraj singh has: in odis and Twenty20 Are you slated to be in teh test team once the big 3 retires? Exactly!!!

qs.gif he got the talent and to show what he got. qe.gif Yeah, like he has done in his illustrious test career so far.:hysterical: I will give you an example. Yuvraj singh was dropped from the odi side as well after given a run for 14 odis after his debut and he didnt feature back in the team for a long time and someone like you must have used the example of the 14 odis to prove a point back then that he is not fit to be back but the smart ones knew from beginning what a talent he was. When yuvraj singh will eventually make it to the test team, you will be eating your words. I cant prove that until then so I guess we will wait and watch and see who has the last laugh eventually!!!

Quote qs.gif I am in no way contesting that Yuvraj has had a good run in tests qe.gif Are you sure? Because here is what you said earlier : Quote qs.gif He needs to be given a consistent run in the tests qe.gif Read what I said again. What I mean is he hasn't performed upto par in the run/chances has got and thats a known cuz otherwise he would be in the team. This doesnt equate to him getting a consistent run in the test team and not being dropped/chopped after a match and a series here and there.
He kind of did get that chance starting with zimbabwe series all the way to the WI series. A stretch of 13 tests over 5 series (IIRC he only missed the 1st test against eng) and scored the following:
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]filtered              13   528 122   31.05   1   2   0   -       -    0  13  0

How many tests played consecutively by him would be considered a consistent run, by you, even if the batsman keeps failing??

Yuvraj is easily the most talented young batsman we've got. His maturity as a ODI batsman is obvious. When on song, he just looks unconquerable, the sorta invincibility you'd associate with all time greats. Surely he can translate his purple patch in ODIs, into some kinda test form if given an extended run. On current form, I'll play Yuvraj ahead of Tendulkar and/or Laxman. If recent test performances are the yardstick, Tendulkar should have been dropped long ago. Every top order bat with the kinda poor run Sachin has had, has been dropped The upcoming series against Pakistan is really the last opportunity for Tendulkar to seal his spot. If he averages 35, he's no better than Yuvraj & does not deserve any further rope. And Yuvraj's showing in his short test career so far is irrelevant. If thats the criteria, Laxman's (who had a humble beginning) test career would have been over in the late 90s.

Surely he can translate his purple patch in ODIs, into some kinda test form if given an extended run.
Can you put some kind of number on this "extended run" that fans of poster boy keep on mumbling?
And Yuvraj's showing in his short test career so far is irrelevant. If thats the criteria, Laxman's (who had a humble beginning) test career would have been over in the late 90s.
No, it's not irrelevant : 1. Yuvraj was in red hot ODI form when he continued to bumble and fumble in tests, which is the primary reason you guys give for getting poster boy in the test side. 2. Yuvraj was played in his natural middle order slot, unlike Laxman who was played as an opener.

A talented player has to be given a go. failures in the initial stages do not matter. A player's game is not a static one. its a evolving one especially when you are not fully mature. I do not mind one bit if those with potential(that's the keyword) fail initially. My experience says they come good eventually.

Yuvraj is easily the most talented young batsman we've got. His maturity as a ODI batsman is obvious. When on song, he just looks unconquerable, the sorta invincibility you'd associate with all time greats. Surely he can translate his purple patch in ODIs, into some kinda test form if given an extended run. On current form, I'll play Yuvraj ahead of Tendulkar and/or Laxman. If recent test performances are the yardstick, Tendulkar should have been dropped long ago. Every top order bat with the kinda poor run Sachin has had, has been dropped The upcoming series against Pakistan is really the last opportunity for Tendulkar to seal his spot. If he averages 35, he's no better than Yuvraj & does not deserve any further rope. And Yuvraj's showing in his short test career so far is irrelevant. If thats the criteria, Laxman's (who had a humble beginning) test career would have been over in the late 90s.
Why did he average 31 over a 13 test streak?
Laxy was the biggest passenger and waste of time ever before his 281. He averaged a pathetic 27 after 20' date=' yes 20 TESTS. THAT 281 turned around his career. But we had to be patient with him. Same patience should be extended to Yuvi.[/quote'] How much international experience did he have then? We are not talking beginning of one's career here. Also depends on the current performance of the player you are trying to replace.
Laxy was the biggest passenger and waste of time ever before his 281. He averaged a pathetic 27 after 20' date=' yes 20 TESTS. THAT 281 turned around his career. But we had to be patient with him. Same patience should be extended to Yuvi.[/quote'] Laxman was being played as an opener when he was a middle order batsman. Why are you guys ignoring this important difference?
Can you put some kind of number on this "extended run" that fans of poster boy keep on mumbling?
Extended run is atleast half of what God is getting!. Persist with Yuvi for atleast 3 test series. Yuvi's worst output is a 35 run avg, on par with the best Tendulkar has been able to produce (in the last 2 years), when the opponents werent Bangladesh.
No, it's not irrelevant : 1. Yuvraj was in red hot ODI form when he continued to bumble and fumble in tests, which is the primary reason you guys give for getting poster boy in the test side.
No he wasnt in great ODI form during the WI series where he failed. India lost the ODI series 1-4 after each of our batsmen failed to cope with the WI conditions.And Laxman did not average great in that series either. Wasnt he persistent with ? If we are filtering out the weed, Tendulkar has the worst average of all our top order bats since 2005. He should be the first one to go. And dont forget, Ganguly's pathetic record (at test, county and domestic levels), before his career took off in the Saffie series. Yuvraj too will come good, we need to back him the way we backed other players.
2. Yuvraj was played in his natural middle order slot, unlike Laxman who was played as an opener.
Did we extend the same courtesy to Sehwag because he was failing as an opener ? Why did we drop him after one series failure ? Opener or middle order, the slot does not matter. Laxman has been incredibly lucky and this without even the kinda performances Yuvraj has been able to produce in the other form of the game.

Why the hurry to get him in tests...? Lets see if he can perform well in the ODI first..... Test cricket is not about hitting six sixes in an over.What if he has to face spinners the whole day...? I feel yuvraj will like always do well in a few games and then it will be business as usual...... I wish like hell that this is not true ...but this is what he has given us in this last 6-7 years.... If he can perform consistently in the comming series ...then may be he should be given if not......give the others a go ....He can be our 20/20 champion.

Why the hurry to get him in tests...? Lets see if he can perform well in the ODI first..... Test cricket is not about hitting six sixes in an over.What if he has to face spinners the whole day...? I feel yuvraj will like always do well in a few games and then it will be business as usual...... I wish like hell that this is not true ...but this is what he has given us in this last 6-7 years.... If he can perform consistently in the comming series ...then may be he should be given if not......give the others a go ....He can be our 20/20 go.
Yuvraj is in red hot form. This is the best time to play him, when his confidence is sky high. Mark my words, two of the three among the geriatric trio will not cross an avg of 35 in these two series. But they would still go on & keep playing, without their form unquestioned. Why the double standards for Yuvraj & Sehwag ?
Extended run is atleast half of what God is getting!. Persist with Yuvi for atleast 3 test series. Yuvi's worst output is a 35 run avg, on par with the best Tendulkar has been able to produce (in the last 2 years), when the opponents werent Bangladesh.
3? Poster boy got 5 ie.Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, England, and West Indies and could not even average 35. And you want to give him 3 more?
Opener or middle order, the slot does not matter.
Of course, it does matter. I don't even know how to continue a discussion where you are failing to acknowledge a very basic thing in test cricket. There are a few who have made the transition successfully but most do not. Even a batsman of Dravid's class has struggled while opening and Yuvraj looked like a deer caught in the headlights when he opened. Sehwag is one of those rare exceptions and I agree he should be our first middle order backup ahead of Yuvraj if there is no place at the top of the order for him.