Is anyone going to question Australia overseas performances ?

gattaca

I see we have been too critical of our team in overseas. 60 all out for Test team with more than 100 years is very poor. Scoring hundred on concrete slabs of Aussie land is overrated. Funny part board takes 7. he is good bowler but he always ruffles Aussies with his performance and antics.

No because their performance is as good as every other team's away from home apart from South Africa. However they did win the series in Sri Lanka, West Indies (which England couldn't do) and South Africa which is why some people rate them higher than some other teams away from home. They are the second best team away from home but still far behind South Africa.

Past 5 years, searies win in subcontinent - SL and then SA where i guess eng is only other team to win series in last 10 years? Apart from that they have won in WI and NZ. They got whitewashed in Ind only. Have they lost in UAE yet? Going by that only SA is better than them in away matches.

Past 5 years, searies win in subcontinent - SL and then SA where i guess eng is only other team to win series in last 10 years? Apart from that they have won in WI and NZ. They got whitewashed in Ind only. Have they lost in UAE yet? Going by that only SA is better than them in away matches.
They lost 2-0 in UAE last year.
They lost 2-0 in UAE last year.
So they have lost in Eng UAE and India in their last series. Won in SA, WI, SL and NZ. SA - 2-1 WI - 2-0 SL - 1-0 NZ - 2-0 Eng - 1-2 (current one) Ind - 0-4 UAE - 0-2 That reminds me of one question - when was the last time we won 2 tests outside ind in a series - pakistan series 2003 and bangladesh series? Ind Eng -3-1 SA - 1-0 NZ - 1-0 Aus - 2-0 WI - 0-1 (last away series win 2011) SL - 1-1 Bang - 0-0
So they have lost in Eng UAE and India in their last series. Won in SA, WI, SL and NZ. SA - 2-1 WI - 2-0 SL - 1-0 NZ - 2-0 Eng - 1-2 (current one) Ind - 0-4 UAE - 0-2 That reminds me of one question - when was the last time we won 2 tests outside ind in a series - pakistan series 2003 and bangladesh series? Ind Eng -3-1 SA - 1-0 NZ - 1-0 Aus - 2-0 WI - 0-1 (last away series win 2011) SL - 1-1 Bang - 0-0
India won 2-0 against Bangladesh in 2010.

People have. Haven't won in India since 2004 but before then it was a long time Lost in UAE against a good Pakistani team but the squad selection was messed up That's really it. Won in West Indies Won in South Africa Won in New Zealand Won in Sri Lanka The problem is just isn't that they can't play. The problem is technical and a lack of patience.

They bat too aggressively. But unlike the ATG team which could backup aggression with skills, this team is a paper tiger. They should bat more conservatively and take less chances while batting. The 60 all out was a mishap waiting to happen due to the way the Aussies bat because they were chasing wide deliveries even after fall of early wickets.

The problem is apart from south africa nearly everybody has a poor away record. India probably have the poorest. However compared to most sides we also have the best home record. 1 series loss in about 10 years. You compare that to SA England and Aus and all three of these sides have lost 3-4 series at home over the same period. SA for example keeps losing at home to Aus no matter what. Its been the case mostly since readmission. Australia have lost two series on the bounce at home v Sa.

Yes I suppose but I thought you would want to retain the ashes and windies could have helped smith settle in somewhat and any issues could have been ironed out starting there - possibly could have pressed the selectors to get his people in. But to be fair the margin of defeats in England have been such that really would have been difficult anyway.
Haddin had a knack of scoring runs against England Watson has a good record in England Voges and Rogers have CC experience. Clarke is Clarke. This was the last roll of the die and it didn't pan out. England tried the same in 2013/14 and rebuilt somewhat from there.