India squad for Australia ODIs/T20s RELEASED

FischerTal

Bumrah is taller than Shami, BK, Yadav. Aniket is probably injured. Rishi Dhawan's exploit with the bat have worked for him. He batted at 5 for HP in VH trophy, scored 100 too.

how tall is he? He looks short in all the videos I have seen of him. Rishi Dhawan's batting might be useful but his pace will be quite easy for Aussie batsmen. The biggest disappointment is that Mayank agarwal has been left out of both teams. Dhawan is a passenger right now. 

how tall is he? He looks short in all the videos I have seen of him. Rishi Dhawan's batting might be useful but his pace will be quite easy for Aussie batsmen. The biggest disappointment is that Mayank agarwal has been left out of both teams. Dhawan is a passenger right now. 

Yes Mayank should have been selected. Iyer too deserves a place in the squad. 

@ Fischer Tal

Jasprit Bumrah has 28 wickets from 17 List A matches ( 50 overs )  @ an average of 22.03. Eco- 4.00

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/625383.html  

Has taken 10 wickets from 6 matches in Vijay Hazare trophy.

A 6'1" pacer who can bowl 135 k  to 142 K . Has a good bouncer and yorker . Bowls good areas and gets seam movement. ...and with the above stats.

Quite good actually.

Edited by express bowling

@ Fischer Tal

Jasprit Bumrah has 28 wickets from 17 List A matches ( 50 overs )  @ an average of 22.03. Eco- 4.00

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/625383.html  

Has taken 10 wickets from 6 matches in Vijay Hazare trophy.

A 6'1" pacer who can bowl 135 k  to 142 K . Has a good bouncer and yorker . Bowls good areas and gets seam movement. ...and with the above stats.

Quite good actually.

pretty good stats. He would have been picked if he was a lefty. Good thing is he has age on his side

that's decent but nothing special. I would like to see iyer in tests replacing rohit sharma. 

I would like that too.

Even in ODIs...he probably has the game to do well. He is a natural stroke player who has the hunger for runs and can play big innings. 

Averages 45 from 12 List A matches, SR 96. ...1 century and 3 fifties.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/642519.html

He could be an opener in ODIs too...if Dhawan needs to be dropped. We have seen middle order batters like Sachin, Ganguly, Gilly, M.Waugh etc,. open in ODIs.

problem is we need a solid #4 in the future. Ever since yuvi was dropped, the team hasn't found a good replacement. The whole team balance has become uneven due to this. Rahane doesn't give me any confidence in Odis except for that one knock against South Africa in World Cup. 

Edited by FischerTal

problem is we need a solid #4 in the future. Ever since yuvi was dropped, the team hasn't found a good replacement. The whole team balance has become uneven due to this. Rahane doesn't give me any confidence in Odis except for that one knock against South Africa in World Cup. 

I am a bit hopeful about Rahane after his last ODI series against SA ( his best series so far ) where he had scores of 60,  51, 4,  45,  87. and generally played well too against a good bowling attack.

Let us  see what he does in the next couple of ODI series and whether he can keep up the improvement. As Rahane's temperament and technique are both good and he can play in tough conditions, it would really help us if he can get used to ODIs and start performing more consistently and effectively for our team.

Edited by express bowling

I am a bit hopeful about Rahane after his last ODI series against SA ( his best series so far ) where he had scores of 60,  51, 4,  45,  87. and generally played well too against a good bowling attack.

Let us  see what he does in the next couple of ODI series and whether he can keep up the improvement. As Rahane's temperament and technique are both good and he can play in tough conditions, it would really help us if he can get used to ODIs and start performing more consistently and effectively for our team.

hopefully Rahane does well. Let's see