Who do you prefer at no.4 in ODIs? Manish or Ajinkya?

Lannister

Well ill prefer Pandey At 4, Rahane in middle order can only play well at certain kind of pitches also some other factors

1. A 4 no player mostly gets 25-30 over . Wateevr amount of over i get. Among pandey and rahane, pandey will score more.

2. Chasing totals. Well this big total, rahane wnt b able to chase in his wildest of dreams

3. Rahane does struggle wen pitches are slow and teams have spinners. HE struggles to get in. Bang series he was caught. Pandey plays well in middle.

4. Pandey Has lot more shots. Coz in some cases , were u need to accerlate and a lot of times rahane had to be demoted or not even sent but same wnt b Pandey case.

5. my biggest problem with rahane is he doesnt convert his starts. Whole sa series he got starts not even once he got a big one. 

6. When it comes to strength and firepower rahane makes this batting order look week in middle. N manish has tempermanet to bat long . No point batting him low n giving him less balls. HE is not raina. 

7. Rahane i have always felt is bets suited to open. 

But we ll go the Normal way and MAke rahane bat at 4 and pandey 5. Also wats imp is we need someone at 5,6 who can bowl few over like mann,raina, yuvraj, hooda. Since there is rohit kohli dhawan and wk batsman who wnt bowl n we need more than 5 bowlers. Specially if we want to play hardik pandya over Jadeja. Coz u cnt expect hardik pandya to come into int cricket and give u 10 overs. That forces u to play jadeja at 7. 

Pandey can bowl seam up. He is very handy bowler. Has started to bowl a lot more in domestic. He is far better than Kohli and Rohit.

Im not convinced about Pandey tbh. He was lucky that the aerial shots went to the empty spaces. Doesn't hook or pull. He made a century, alright. But, don't hype him unnecessarily, you will be disappointed in the future.

It happens to every batsman on big grounds, ball l landing in the empty spaces. You cant have fielders everywhere. Lot of times, it is intentional too, placing the ball over the in field at empty spaces.

Im not convinced about Pandey tbh. He was lucky that the aerial shots went to the empty spaces. Doesn't hook or pull. He made a century, alright. But, don't hype him unnecessarily, you will be disappointed in the future.

You should've seen how he rotated the strike and that too in chasing big score. 

Here is Rahane's strike rate when batting second. (From 2015 onwards)

rah.thumb.PNG.4fd2f58e6aa119f167ad59578f

I think Pandey is an ideal player at no.4 position. 

It happens to every batsman on big grounds, ball l landing in the empty spaces. You cant have fielders everywhere. Lot of times, it is intentional too, placing the ball over the in field at empty spaces.

You have seen him play in ipl. Other than ugly slogs, what did he do? The Pandey we saw in 2008 ipl where he scored a fantastic century in South Africa, and the pandey we see are completely different imo. He looked a class player then, but now he has regressed when it comes to playing orthodox cricket shots.

Didn't see a cover drive or a hook or pull. Something tells me he doesn't have a game against moving ball. Anyhow, I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Rayudu.

You have seen him play in ipl. Other than ugly slogs, what did he do? The Pandey we saw in 2008 ipl where he scored a fantastic century in South Africa, and the pandey we see are completely different imo. He looked a class player then, but now he has regressed when it comes to playing orthodox cricket shots.

Didn't see a cover drive or a hook or pull. Something tells me he doesn't have a game against moving ball. Anyhow, I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Rayudu.

You cant judge young players based on t20. I always say the same because everyone slogs in t20s . If dravid wasn't already a legend before t20, people would have labelled him ugly too based on t20. Same for laxman. They always looked ugly in t20s. Manish has always been one of my favorite players from u19. Kohli might have stole the show in 2008 u19 wc because he got more chances to bat long but it always Manish Pandey that would impress the most batting at 5-6 in preparation tournament before that wc. I had hoped he would make Indian team earlier but he didn't.

You should've seen how he rotated the strike and that too in chasing big score. 

Here is Rahane's strike rate when batting second. (From 2015 onwards)

rah.thumb.PNG.4fd2f58e6aa119f167ad59578f

I think Pandey is an ideal player at no.4 position. 

If we notice carefully, 5 out of those 9 innings were below 20 out of which 4 are below 15. many players have low SR in such short innings including Rohit and Kohli.

Out of the 4    30+ innings  the 87 was at SR of 150 and 33 was at  SR of 117. Quite good.  The innings of 60, he was playing second fiddle to Rohit who scored 150 and SR of 73 is quite common in such innings. 

Only the innings of 44 was a bad one.

I personally feel that Rahane's biggest problem is batting fromr the 45th over....he has been quite good  before the 45th over in the last 1 year averaging 41 with SR of 82.5.

From ESPNCRICINFO : Link below

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/277916.html?class=2;spanmin1=01+Jan+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

- other -      All Test/ODI/T20I      Youth Tests      Youth ODIs     
Records type batting analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2015 remove greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2015 from query
Ordered by default (ascending)
dblBakArwB.gifReturn to query menu
dblBakArwW.gifCleared query menu
Career averages
 MatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR1005004s6s 
unfiltered67652209311133.22262979.61215620524Profile
filtered252328638941.09104582.580817710
Edited by express bowling

Does anyone know if Manish Pandey has the ability to play power slogs in the last 5 overs  ?

If he has to bat at no.5 then he needs that.  ( Otherwise he has to bat in the top 4. )

If he can't play power slogs then Pandey at no.5 and an out of form Dhoni at no.6 will still leave us with no power-hitters at the end..

Does anyone know if Manish Pandey has the ability to play power slogs in the last 5 overs  ?

If he has to bat at no.5 then he needs that.  ( Otherwise he has to bat in the top 4. )

If he can't play power slogs then Pandey at no.5 and an out of form Dhoni at no.6 will still leave us with no power-hitters at the end..

Power-slogging should be the domain of 6 and 7. If necessary, the No.5 can throw away his wicket or if there are few overs left with the wicket having fallen, he can be demoted and the No.6 or 7 can come instead. Pandey can presumably do fine at 5; we just need to unearth big hitters at 6,7 and 8 like Oz and NZ>

Power-slogging should be the domain of 6 and 7. If necessary, the No.5 can throw away his wicket or if there are few overs left with the wicket having fallen, he can be demoted and the No.6 or 7 can come instead. Pandey can presumably do fine at 5; we just need to unearth big hitters at 6,7 and 8 like Oz and NZ>

Don't forget that an out of form Dhoni is blocking a power slogger's slot at no.6 if pandey comes in at no.5

Also..we have a Jadeja , who often bats at no.7 and can't power slog

Edited by express bowling

Also..we have a Jadeja , who often bats at no.7 and can't power slog

Exactly, our 6 and 7 can't do so, and these are the slots we should be addressing. No.5's don't necessarily need to be power sloggers - scoring at a SR of around 100-110 would be sufficient, and I think that Pandey could provide that (at least on flatter tracks).

Exactly, our 6 and 7 can't do so, and these are the slots we should be addressing. No.5's don't necessarily need to be power sloggers - scoring at a SR of around 100-110 would be sufficient, and I think that Pandey could provide that (at least on flatter tracks).

If Dhoni is the captain then there is no chance of this problem being addressed....we all know that.

That is why we need a power slogger at no.5

If Dhoni is the captain then there is no chance of this problem being addressed....we all know that.

That is why we need a power slogger at no.5

I think that it's too high a position for a slogger to bat. Yes, Maxwell may do that for Oz, but that's because they typically bat till 9 or 10.