Winner of ASIA CUP 2016  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Winner?

• Pakistan
    • Sri Lanka
    • Bangladesh
    • India
    • Other

What is the format of this? Does everyone play everyone once and the top two play the final? Close to call really. SL are terrible. Any of the other 3 could make the finals though. I'd say India vs Bangladesh is the likeliest final.

Bangladesh recently only tied a series at home 2-2 with Zimbabwe. If this is the final, then India will win. I still feel SL will surprise and make it the final.

I expect lungans to lose to Ind, Pak and BD. Pakistan will lose to India and BD and India *should* win everything but again it is t20 so you never know....just like the first t20 vs SL.

India I think will do a bit of shuffling with batting order. I still feel SL will punch above their weight. BD will fade away and Pak will put up a fight.

I guess the poster Misbah got access to Internet for the first time in Lahore and got overexcited and down voted everyone...

I guess the poster Misbah got internet access for the first time in Lahore and got overexcited and down voted everyone...good technological progress by our neighbours btw...Internet..wow.

Edited by Dil Dil India

India will choke as usual in the cup.Bangladesh aint winning at any cost,they are a crap t20 side.sri lanka I believe will somehow get their act right and win the cup

+1,

Except in 2010, we have surprisingly not looked good in this tournament. And I expect some experimentation to happen this time from India. But, its important India does okay, if not win it.

Dhoni isn't really the kind to experiment too much. I mean, he played the same team 3 in a row against Lankans in a useless bilateral lol. The only experimentation could be Yuvraj moving a place up or something but I really hope they don't screw the team over in a bid to give chances to Yuvraj. As for India's Asia Cup showings in 2012 and 2014....well in 2014 Afridi fluked a couple of sixes. Won't happen all the time. IIRC we had Karthik instead of Dhoni who was atrocious and missed multiple chances vs SL and helped FTB Sanga score an undeserved ton. In 2012 we beat both Pak and SL and lost to BD...atrocious innings from Tendulkar coupled with terrible bowling from the Indians....and a stupid tournament rule which gave preference to HTH over NRR or some crap. T20 is fickle so you never know but on form India have too much for Pak, BD and SL. I am actually wary of BD because they will likely doctor pitches and make them rank turners. Not too confident of our spin prowess on rank turners....never thought I'd say that about an Indian side,

Dhoni isn't really the kind to experiment too much. I mean, he played the same team 3 in a row against lungans in a useless bilateral lol. The only experimentation could be Yuvraj moving a place up or something but I really hope they don't screw the team over in a bid to give chances to Yuvraj. As for India's Asia Cup showings in 2012 and 2014....well in 2014 Duckridi fluked a couple of sixes. Won't happen all the time. IIRC we had Karthik instead of Dhoni who was atrocious and missed multiple chances vs SL and helped FTB Whinga score an undeserved ton. In 2012 we beat both Pak and SL and lost to BD...atrocious innings from Tendulkar coupled with terrible bowling from the Indians....and a stupid tournament rule which gave preference to HTH over NRR or some crap. T20 is fickle so you never know but on form India have too much for Pak, BD and SL. I am actually wary of BD because they will likely doctor pitches and make them rank turners. Not too confident of our spin prowess on rank turners....never thought I'd say that about an Indian side,

It has been a tournament of missed opportunities for India from the time I started watching the Asia Cup in 2004.

@Adi_91 I would agree that we've missed a few opportunities of late through a combination of sheer bad luck(2012), fluke(2014) and amazing performances on the other side(Mendis 08). Still 5/12 overall is not too bad....

edit: apparently it is 5/11...only lungans have played all 12.

Tbh, we should have dominated this tournament. Instead, we are locked with the number of wins with Lungan side (who started to dominate really from 90s only).

Talking about asia cup only,we had no business losing in 2012 and 2004 and choked in 2008,2014 .srl somehow find a way to win,Pakistan are meh!! 

Now the wt20 is a totally different event,I believe india will either get spanked by nzl amd Australia and bow out in the first round or the other way round,absolutely smash every team to the lift the cup(more leaning towards the latter since we are playing at home)

Surprisingly, many posts on this thread have been unnecessarily voted down .... I guess, the poster Misbah is randomly pressing the button and misusing the function .... If he feels the need to down vote so many posts and that too on a thread that he started, I don't know why he is posting here :confused:

mujhe maaf kardo yaar :hysterical: I will remove down vote and upvote all. :icflove: