How Can You Get Ruffled So Easily Rahul?

i have seen him getting out in this fashion two-three  time after scoring 100 not able to find  video will post commentary 

4th Test: Australia v India at Sydney, Jan 6-10, 2015

Starc to Rahul, OUT, he's gone this time, tries to fetch this short ball from outside off and pull, it has climbed too high, though, and the top edge goes right up vertically and comes down on the crease, Starc has set himself up there close to Rahul to take it

KL Rahul c & b Starc 110 (356m 262b 13x4 1x6) SR: 41.98

India in Sri Lanka Test Series - 2nd Test  (watch video above)

Chameera to Rahul, OUT, that's a bad shot. Rahul, like Kohli, scores another baby hundred. This is a wide bouncer, there is no way Rahul can control it, but he goes for the hook and does the only thing possible: get a top edge. He had got his hundred, but the team still needed him. Hopefully he will realise and learn from this. He is filthy with himself. Punches his bat while walking back

KL Rahul c †Chandimal b Chameera 108 (268m 190b 13x4 1x6) 

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

Rahul is still a work-in-progress as far as batting temperament is concerned.

Exactly....he did a mistake he ll learn

Kohli did the same thing when kallis went after him in 1st in SA .....and he lost his concentration, since then he has learned

So will rahul

1 minute ago, Prince_ said:

I think it's a national trait. Barring few exceptions we all get ruffled up to easily. Rahul is just a product of this system, nothing else. 

In terms of RAW TALENT Rahul is easily the 3rd best batsman in the world after Babar Azam and DE kock and way better than Kohli. But he's not doing justice to his talent. :frown:

Yes we all wish we could be as unruffled like the chasing team here :giggle:

I heard him say that he did not execute the shot well and hopefully can do that in the second innings . I agree with him , he plays a certain way and there is no need to change that . Had a stayed a little longer we could have posted a fairly big total , but to me the way he played the first session was the biggest factor in taking a lead . 

This guy is joker.

They keep playing his interview with Mayanti on Star sports where he talks about his hunger for long innings, fitness etc etc. He speaks like a soft natured guy. But when it comes to playing in the middle, he just forgets all of that and throws it away. 

Cant play long innings. Gets injured easily. Gets sledged easily. I dont see him having a long career.

1 minute ago, Dinx - the Jinx said:

This guy is joker.

They keep playing his interview with Mayanti on Star sports where he talks about his hunger for long innings, fitness etc etc. He speaks like a soft natured guy. But when it comes to playing in the middle, he just forgets all of that and throws it away. 

Cant play long innings. Gets injured easily. Gets sledged easily. I dont see him having a long career.

Has 4 hundreds and one of them a near double hundred . What are you talking about ?

I heard him say that he did not execute the shot well and hopefully can do that in the second innings . I agree with him , he plays a certain way and there is no need to change that . Had a stayed a little longer we could have posted a fairly big total , but to me the way he played the first session was the biggest factor in taking a lead . 

He will always struggle against short ball with his technique.He just needs to like Vijay leave it rather than play it.

11 minutes ago, CG said:

He will always struggle against short ball with his technique.He just needs to like Vijay leave it rather than play it.

His technique against short ball is better than Vijay . He does play a lot more shots against the shorter ball cos thats been one of the scoring shots for him in domestic .

Did you watch the first session ? when he was in the mode of playing out he was leaving some very well directed bouncers with ease . The problem is not technique , if he keeps getting out trying to score off them may be at some point he needs to cut down those shots . This early in his career I would rather have him work out of a way to score off them than give up that shot completely .

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

I have seen very few batsmen who have been able to execute the hook shot properly  for a delivery that is well outside the off-stump and bowled at speed.

If it rarely possible to connect it properly and roll the wrists over it, unless you are a 6'6" tall batter.

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I have seen very few batsmen who have been able to execute the hook shot properly  for a delivery that is well outside the off-stump and bowled at speed.

If it rarely possible to connect it properly and roll the wrists over it, unless you area 6'6" tall batter.

Thats true , but am not saying he should not be a little more selective . His case is a lot like Virat giving his wickets in the slips . Scores a lot of runs on the offside , but since he does play a lot of shots he tends to get out more often edging to slips .  

11 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Thats true , but am not saying he should not be a little more selective . His case is a lot like Virat giving his wickets in the slips . Scores a lot of runs on the offside , but since he does play a lot of shots he tends to get out more often edging to slips .  

Yes.... but we are also seeing Virat Kohli scoring much more consistently when he has started taking a more definitive back and across movement starting from the Australia our 2014.  He is averaging 60  in tests since then.

Reason is he is going to the line of the deliveries now while executing those off-side shots.  He is also leaving a lot of of-side deliveries nowadays.

I would like all batters, including Rahul, to hit only those deliveries which they have reached properly and don't have to reach out or play away from the body.

Otherwise, I am all for stroke-making batters in test matches.

Edited by express bowling