Indian media watch thread

Number

Swapan Dasgupta , long-time modi CheerGirl and a Self-Described sycophantic admirer of his Colonial masters , was rewarded by the Govt of India earlier this year :

Earlier this year, the government nominated Swapan Dasgupta, a journalist and BJP sympathizer, on the board of L&T as a nominee of the government-owned Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India.
Journalist and political commentator Swapan Dasgupta has been appointed on the board of director of Larsen & Toubro. Dasgupta joins the board as a nominee of the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (Suuti),

Swapan Dasgupta ' date=' long-time modi CheerGirl and a Self-Described sycophantic admirer of his Colonial masters , was rewarded by the Govt of India earlier this year :[/quote'] Yeah the small matter of him being a PHD, or having three decades of experience as a journalist, or having served as Fellow at Oxford all doesn't matter. :hysterical: I am sure you don't understand the concept of a government appointed director, or non executive director. BTW the fees paid to these directors are: Being a nominee director, he stands to earn around 3 lakh rupees roughly a year, for his services rendered, and only if he attends the meetings. :lol:

Yeah the small matter of him being a PHD, or having three decades of experience as a journalist, or having served as Fellow at Oxford all doesn't matter. :hysterical: I am sure you don't understand the concept of a government appointed director, or non executive director. BTW the fees paid to these directors are: Being a nominee director, he stands to earn around 3 lakh rupees roughly a year, for his services rendered, and only if he attends the meetings. :lol:
The remuneration paid to Mr.AK Jain last year (the SUUTI Nominee Mr.Dasgupta replaced ) as per the 63rd Page of the latest Annual report of L&T was 0.3 Crores or Rs.30 Lakhs. Of course it is NOT a matter of public interest that a British accented anglophile has been rewarded by his political masters for his servility ; But if any other party had been caught rewarding it's flunkeys in the media ,perhaps the reaction on the MSM/inter-webs would have been different.

Yeah the small matter of him being a PHD, or having three decades of experience as a journalist, or having served as Fellow at Oxford all doesn't matter. :hysterical: I am sure you don't understand the concept of a government appointed director, or non executive director. BTW the fees paid to these directors are: Being a nominee director, he stands to earn around 3 lakh rupees roughly a year, for his services rendered, and only if he attends the meetings. :lol:
And what exactly is his expertise and experience in areas where L&T operates? I'm not saying that intelligent people like him should not be given any posts but that they should be given posts in their own field instead of putting them in a company which operates in a completely different field.

Swapan Dasgupta is a brilliant journalist. He has been on editorial posts at The Statesman, The Daily Telegraph, The Times of India, The Indian Express and most recently India Today,Just because his views are not in sync with your views , you will start name calling. I don't know what has happened , suddenly the Jitendra Tomar cheergirls are out and using flithy language against any other human being who has some difference of opinion. And when these idiots are answered in their language they would put their tail between the legs and run to Nidhi Razdan saying, "What has happened to this country? These bhakts are using such a bad language against we liberals. We are so good people. Please call ManiShankar Aiyar and do debate on this."

Swapan Dasgupta is a brilliant journalist. He has been on editorial posts at The Statesman, The Daily Telegraph, The Times of India, The Indian Express and most recently India Today,Just because his views are not in sync with your views , you will start name calling.
Indeed he is a brilliant journalist. And that is why if he had to be given a post then it would have made sense that the post be in the journalistic field - maybe as a director of a journalism school or in Prasar Bharti etc.

The remuneration paid to Mr.AK Jain last year (the SUUTI Nominee Mr.Dasgupta replaced ) as per the 63rd Page of the latest Annual report of L&T was 0.3 Crores or Rs.30 Lakhs. Of course it is NOT a matter of public interest that a British accented anglophile has been rewarded by his political masters for his servility ; But if any other party had been caught rewarding it's flunkeys in the media ,perhaps the reaction on the MSM/inter-webs would have been different.
In your hurry did you miss this? The remuneration of 30 Lakhs is inclusive of 23 lakhs as commission (which is a percentage of profits) Now read this also in page 62
In the case of nominees of Financial Institutions, the commission is paid to the Financial Institutions.
Swapan Dasgupta is a nominee of SUUTI, a financial institution. So was AK Jain, and hence he won't be eligible for that commission. A person who has served as a journalist for close to three decades in India, is an anglophile? ITSTL!

And what exactly is his expertise and experience in areas where L&T operates? I'm not saying that intelligent people like him should not be given any posts but that they should be given posts in their own field instead of putting them in a company which operates in a completely different field.
Am sorry, where is the rule that the nominee director has to be an expert in the field that the company is operating in? Swapan Dasgupta is representing the government financial institution SUUTI in the board, which happens to hold a stake in L & T. The other nominee director in L and T happens to be the Chairman of LIC. Now pls don't tell me LIC is operating the same business as L and T. You understand the point?

Am sorry, where is the rule that the nominee director has to be an expert in the field that the company is operating in? Swapan Dasgupta is representing the government financial institution SUUTI in the board, which happens to hold a stake in L & T. The other nominee director in L and T happens to be the Chairman of LIC. Now pls don't tell me LIC is operating the same business as L and T. You understand the point?
It's not a rule but common sense. If I were the owner/part of management/shareholder of a big industrial company and the Govt was appointing someone on the board then the least I would expect is that the Govt nominee would have some expertise in the field(s) in which the company operates. And how exactly is Swapan Dasgupta related to SUUTI that he came to be the Govt's nominee on behalf of SUUTI? LIC is one of the biggest companies in the country - I would think that the Chairman of LIC would know a thing or two more about business in general than someone who has spent his entire life as a journalist. p.s. I know you will not understand my point as you are unable to see anything wrong in any decision of Modi Sarkar. I have said this earlier and I'll say this again - if the Govt has to appoint its people to various boards/chairmanships etc then they should appoint capable people who know something about that field. The Govt has not done this in case of ICHR, Censor Board, FTII (in all these institutes the Chairmen appointed by the govt are from the respective fields but are not qualified enough for these jobs) and many other appointments and that IS a big problem whether you accept it or not.

LIC is one of the biggest companies in the country - I would think that the Chairman of LIC would know a thing or two more about business in general than someone who has spent his entire life as a journalist.
That is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in this forum. LIC funds everything in this country, so you expect the Chairman to know everything?
p.s. I know you will not understand my point as you are unable to see anything wrong in any decision of Modi Sarkar. I have said this earlier and I'll say this again - if the Govt has to appoint its people to various boards/chairmanships etc then they should appoint capable people who know something about that field. The Govt has not done this in case of ICHR, Censor Board, FTII (in all these institutes the Chairmen appointed by the govt are from the respective fields but are not qualified enough for these jobs) and many other appointments and that IS a big problem whether you accept it or not.
How'd you know Swapan Dasgupta is incapable of being the nominee of SUUTI which is nothing but a financial institution that holds a stake in L and T? Secondly, what is this "BIG" incentive for Swapan Dasgupta? Earning 3-5 lakhs an annum?

Cobrapost, the hen house of supari hit jobs, has come out with an investigative report on Ranveer Sena with confessions recorded on tape. Of course, it has nothing to do with Bihar elections, nor is it backed by the cabal that stands to benefit the most from caste polarization.
Very unlikely this will get blown up by Nitish and Co. Why? One of the interviewees in the tapes is Justice Amir Das, And this is another interview of his in 2013, conducted by Tehelka itself (it is quite possible both interviews are the same) http://www.tehelka.com/2013/10/obviously-some-people-from-the-government-were-also-involved/
..one of the first decisions of Nitish Kumar as chief minister in 2005 was to dismantle the Amir Das Commission, which had been set up by the Rabri Devi government to investigate the role of the Ranvir Sena in these massacres.
And one thing to be noted, the commission was formed in 1998 to investigate the issues, and it didn't submit its report even in 2005 (after 8 years it was formed).. And now suddenly the same guy claims "Nitish didn't know anything".