Anil Kumble says Australia triggered crisis

abhinav

dude.. do yo guys think that u are worth that.. i mean.. for us totake the pain of making an effigy of u and burning it.. we hve better things to do than that..
I hope you realize this is just our humor. Effigy burning is something that looks so... well... like so much work. One person to remember to bring the gasoline, one person to bring the effigy, one person to bring the matches, one person to bring the flag... Nope; we could never organize a good effigy burning. Thats why our funniest comedy show had a sketch on where to go and BUY an effigy! dance2%5B1%5D.gif
It is a fair question though. Does one dodgy catch deserve to end ones career from an Indian perspective. Should Bhajji be banished for the Pietersen episode? Of course not.
I didn't say that Indians want his career finished for that catch. Nor did I mention how much Bhajji is respected in India. I said that Clarke would have lost all the respect of the Indian public. Do you know the meaning of respect? Sachin is a respected cricketer, Kumble is a respected and so are Dravid, VVS et al. I gave you the example of Steve Waugh. None of your present cricketers would have that respect, if you know what it means.
I didn't say that Indians want his career finished for that catch. Nor did I mention how much Bhajji is respected in India. I said that Clarke would have lost all the respect of the Indian public. Do you know the meaning of respect? Sachin is a respected cricketer, Kumble is a respected and so are Dravid, VVS et al. I gave you the example of Steve Waugh. None of your present cricketers would have that respect, if you know what it means.
chandan - its a waste of time talking to these kinds on wat respect is all about.. they are taught in skool to call their brothers as bastards wen they find him playing for the opposition team... in an effort to disintegrate..
chandan - its a waste of time talking to these kinds on wat respect is all about.. they are taught in skool to call their brothers as bastards wen they find him playing for the opposition team... in an effort to disintegrate..
I dont understand your concept of respect. In your concept, it takes only one thing to loose respect. Very fickle and fleeting. My concept is that there is basic respect to start with, then it builds, and sometimes decreases, but never as suddenly as it seems to with your concept. I do not like Bhajjis attitude, and he looks like a bit of a girl, but I still respect his skills and will enjoy watching him play. With you, respect appears and disappears depending on how well your team are going.
No its not a waste of time by a long shot - the vast majority of the Australian public is sick of the way the Australian cricket team treats opposition teams. This incident will be the best thing for Australian cricket - the team is realizing that most Australians care more about how you win than if you win. Make no mistake about it - there has been a huge loss of face, lack of support, show of disgust from the broader Australian (cricketing) public. In a comment Chandon made yesterday she mentioned how many national teams leave Australia with a sour taste, not from losing, but from the disrespect they were shown whilst out on the field.
I dont understand your concept of respect. In your concept, it takes only one thing to loose respect. Very fickle and fleeting. My concept is that there is basic respect to start with, then it builds, and sometimes decreases, but never as suddenly as it seems to with your concept. I do not like Bhajjis attitude, and he looks like a bit of a girl, but I still respect his skills and will enjoy watching him play. With you, respect appears and disappears depending on how well your team are going.
Ok, let me ask u this, not sure whether u hv answered earlier. Indian cricketerrs/fans/journalists- in general, have great respect for Ponting's ability as a batsman and a captain.They compare Pnting with SRT and LARA, that is a really high standard, from the indian point of view. Ponting appeals for catch,off Dhoni, fully aware of grounding the ball,raising his hand after that. now, as some one who has watched the complete video, and who has read the related rules of the game-"catch", indians -cricketers/fans and journalists have lost their respect for Ponting. this is irrespective of whether the umpire adjudged Dhoni out or not out. Because this is not an LBW decision , where u r unsure, this is not something where u have to ask Clarke whether he caught it 100%, this is realised by Ponting who had landed with the ball from his dive. thats it.
Ok, let me ask u this, not sure whether u hv answered earlier. Indian cricketerrs/fans/journalists- in general, have great respect for Ponting's ability as a batsman and a captain.They compare Pnting with SRT and LARA, that is a really high standard, from the indian point of view. Ponting appeals for catch,off Dhoni, fully aware of grounding the ball,raising his hand after that. now, as some one who has watched the complete video, and who has read the related rules of the game-"catch", indians -cricketers/fans and journalists have lost their respect for Ponting. this is irrespective of whether the umpire adjudged Dhoni out or not out. Because this is not an LBW decision , where u r unsure, this is not something where u have to ask Clarke whether he caught it 100%, this is realised by Ponting who had landed with the ball from his dive. thats it.
I understand. I just question that one incident should have this effect.

Anil Kumble says Australia triggered crisis Anil Kumble says Australia triggered crisis In an exclusive article, the India captain writes that Australia started the teams' row by showing a disregard for the spirit of the game I would like to begin by pointing out that someone [Michael Clarke] clearly edged the ball to the slips in the second innings of the Sydney Test and stood there even when there was not an iota of doubt over the dismissal. The same player then claimed a catch that showed more than reasonable doubt and said he was 100 per cent certain it was clean. At this point, a few days before the Test in Perth, I can tell you that that sort of behaviour will play a big role in my decision whether to continue the agreement that Ricky and I had made before the series began. We had decided that in the case of a disputed catch we would take the word of the fielder concerned, if he was certain. But that agreement was based on the premise that, come what may, whatever the situation, the fielder concerned would be completely straight on what happened. Now, there will obviously be a big question mark about that in future matches. On the other events, I can only say that I spoke to Ricky that day [of the row between Harbhajan Singh and Andrew Symonds] and having heard from Bhajji and Sachin Tendulkar before that, I was convinced that there had neither been any racist remark made, nor intended. I asked Bhajji why he started it and he said he hadn’t; Symonds did and goaded him, so he responded. But he insisted he made no racist comment. Ricky, meanwhile, was just not willing to listen, nor see my point. When I offered to apologise as Bhajji's skipper, it was only to smooth things over, at no stage did I admit that he had made a racist remark; in fact, I said he had not. Unfortunately, these days, when someone apologises, it is seen as either a sign of weakness or an admission of guilt. I am neither unnerved nor are we guilty. In the larger interests of the game, if an apology could help to build bridges and smooth things over, then it is better made than left unsaid because of egos. In my book, it’s really important that when somebody is accused of being a racist, whoever that someone is, the charge is not made lightly, is not followed up just to prove a point and is not deemed as proven unless there is absolute evidence. Unfortunately this did not happen in Bhajji’s case. Then again, he is a colleague and I have a responsibility towards him as his captain and as a fellow Indian. It is a serious allegation, calling someone a racist. You are not just accusing a cricketer, but the ramifications of this accusation, unproven in the eyes of almost everyone, were bound to be huge. India’s cricketers are the country’s ambassadors when we travel and, by making such serious charges without proof, it becomes a question of honour for the individuals concerned and the country. There is obviously a sense of outrage in India. I cannot comment on what I thought of the proceedings, but the fact that we have appealed should make things self-evident. I’m really grateful for the overwhelming support the team have received from Indians in India and abroad and from people from other parts of the world, equally upset by the turn of events. I’m also really thankful to the BCCI for their unstinting support of us on the matter. They have backed us right through and are doing all they can to make sure the players will be OK. We’re going to try to do our best in Perth, a place where no one expects much from us. We are disappointed that we couldn’t force a draw in Sydney. We had a great opportunity when [Mike] Hussey and [Matthew] Hayden were batting to try to restrict their second-innings score, but Hussey batted really well to put the game beyond us. Still, we should have at least tried for a draw despite that. We really need to get our batting in order. Too often, of late, we’ve struggled batting in our second innings to save a game. Here, we were three down at tea and then lost seven in a row. Yes, the rub of the green went against us, but we still should have stuck it out. Finally, it’s important that the game goes on. Cricket is larger than any individual. One of the reasons I have tried to put the game and other things in perspective is to ensure that we move on and play good cricket. I’ll do my best but it takes two to tango and ensure that things move smoothly. I can only hope it happens. Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article3168220.ece

Unfortunately, these days, when someone apologises, it is seen as either a sign of weakness or an admission of guilt. I am neither unnerved nor are we guilty. In the larger interests of the game, if an apology could help to build bridges and smooth things over, then it is better made than left unsaid because of egos.
Well said Mr Kumble ... Talk about grace under fire !
Guest dada_rocks

This guys sud have bene captain long ago.. Dravid had this habit of trite goodies but Kumble doesn;t seem to be goign by any script and yet he makes this sort of exemplary comments.. hats off to you mate.. Let me corner some glory for myself , us associated with engineering are proud of you:two_thumbs_up: