SPEED & PERFORMANCE OF FAST BOWLERS N TRUNDLERS IN 2017 IPL

vishalvirsingh

17 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Disagree. I would take Sandeep ahead of him. With Sandeep I know what I'm getting with him and plan accordingly. In shorter formats I would bowl most of Sandeep's overs first up in PP (in T20s, all his overs at the start) and let Bhuvi and Bumrah to bowl at the death. With Aaron you have no idea what to do coz the guy's all over the shop. he will get hit and go for runs in every situation as he lacks control which is a must.

I can pad  up myself and go and play sandeep"s good swing of 120 to 133k and I bet I will be able to score some runs every over.

Even if I get bouncers at 132k I can duck in...

But moment I get 140+ pace I l prefer to not face him.

I have faced 125k to 130k pacers at Cross maiden.. They are playable by us as we can see the ball.

But faster bowling is not easy to SEE ..playing is a different thing all together.

Edited by vishalvirsingh

46 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I can pad  up myself and go and play sandeep"s good swing of 120 to 133k and I bet I will be able to score some runs every over.

Even if I get bouncers at 132k I can duck in...

But moment I get 140+ pace I l prefer to not face him.

I have faced 125k to 130k pacers at Cross maiden.. They are playable by us as we can see the ball.

But faster bowling is not easy to SEE ..playing is a different thing all together.

Yeah sure you can :phehe:   Reminds me of an age old saying "G***d mein dum nahin, hum kisi se kam nahin" :giggle: 

8 hours ago, speedheat said:

Yes sandeep is consistent and he deserves an Indian Jersey but only in t20s, BIG NO in odi and tests because I am quite sure he will turnout to be Vinay koomaaar volume 2.0 with that trundling pace emoji4.png, most satisfying thing for me is that k and k are selecting the pacers based on merits like pace and bounce etc without blindly following the domestic stats so aeron Is actually isn't far away and FYI aeron has vastly improved his control from what he started, had good VH trophy where he picked 14 wickets in 7 matches.

I would get him for shorter formats. Even in odis if he can bowl a first spell of 8 overs straight up, holds one end up and gets a wkt or two he would have done his job. I think he would be similar to Vaas for SL by keeping it tight at the beginning and nipping a wkt or two. Deserves to be given a chance as he has done everything asked of him. He has performed at every level right from u19 to FC to IPL. If someone is so successful and consistent surely the next step should be giving him a chance at the next level.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I would get him for shorter formats. Even in odis if he can bowl a first spell of 8 overs straight up, holds one end up and gets a wkt or two he would have done his job. I think he would be similar to Vaas for SL by keeping it tight at the beginning and nipping a wkt or two. Deserves to be given a chance as he has done everything asked of him. He has performed at every level right from u19 to FC to IPL. If someone is so successful and consistent surely the next step should be giving him a chance at the next level.

Dam bahut hain tabhi bats raha gun

Sandeep is good for domestic 

But international stars are  big strong and highly talented...Nevis good but not among the best 5 pacers of India...unless he gets swing consistently between 135 to 142 ..he will be thrashed if he swings under 130 k

Dam hi dam han 

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Dam bahut hain tabhi bats raha gun

Sandeep is good for domestic 

But international stars are  big strong and highly talented...Nevis good but not among the best 5 pacers of India...unless he gets swing consistently between 135 to 142 ..he will be thrashed if he swings under 130 k

Dam hi dam han 

You can't say Sandeep is good for domestics unless he gets a chance. This is the same thinking which relegated Kedar Jadhav to domestics forever though it was clear he deserved his chance on the back of domestic performances. Sandeep performed well in u-19, performed well in FC and has continued doing so in IPL. If Sandeep wasn't meant to be for intl cricket he surely would've been found out in IPL bowling on flat pitches, smallish grounds and overseas batsmen. But he has been one of the best pacers in IPL during PP overs. His stats prove he deserves a chance at the very least. Definitely much better than Aaron and haven't seen any Indian pacer outbowling him in IPL other than Bhuvi and Bumrah.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

You can't say Sandeep is good for domestics unless he gets a chance. This is the same thinking which relegated Kedar Jadhav to domestics forever though it was clear he deserved his chance on the back of domestic performances. Sandeep performed well in u-19, performed well in FC and has continued doing so in IPL. If Sandeep wasn't meant to be for intl cricket he surely would've been found out in IPL bowling on flat pitches, smallish grounds and overseas batsmen. But he has been one of the best pacers in IPL during PP overs. His stats prove he deserves a chance at the very least. Definitely much better than Aaron and haven't seen any Indian pacer outbowling him in IPL other than Bhuvi and Bumrah.

I believe sandeep got to play for odi once and he was thrashed badly.

Is my memory serving me wrong.

Even pankaj was considered very good but he failed in international cricket.