SPEED & PERFORMANCE OF FAST BOWLERS N TRUNDLERS IN 2017 IPL

vishalvirsingh

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I believe sandeep got to play for odi once and he was thrashed badly.

Is my memory serving me wrong.

Even pankaj was considered very good but he failed in international cricket.

No he has never played a odi for India. He needs to be given a couple of series at the very least (8-10 odis) before making a call. Surely that's fair given somebody like Aaron has played 10 matches for India and Sandeep has better stats and figures than Aaron in every format. It's similar to selectors picking Rayudu ahead of Jadhav :facepalm: 

I would get him for shorter formats. Even in odis if he can bowl a first spell of 8 overs straight up, holds one end up and gets a wkt or two he would have done his job. I think he would be similar to Vaas for SL by keeping it tight at the beginning and nipping a wkt or two. Deserves to be given a chance as he has done everything asked of him. He has performed at every level right from u19 to FC to IPL. If someone is so successful and consistent surely the next step should be giving him a chance at the next level.

At the most he deserves a chance in t20 but not more thenbthat, I think he did got chance once but can't remember, against Zimbabwe may be??? I think he got thrashed in that too. Our history is filled with such trundlers who were consistent in domestic but failed miserably in internationals vanky pk unadkat amit bhandari vk mithun arivind gony and the list goes on, its time to step beyond that, support pace.

Just now, speedheat said:

At the most he deserves a chance in t20 but not more thenbthat, I think he did got chance once but can't remember, against Zimbabwe may be??? I think he got thrashed in that too. Our history is filled with such trundlers who were consistent in domestic but failed miserably in internationals vanky pk unadkat amit bhandari vk mithun arivind gony and the list goes on, its time to step beyond that, support pace.

Barely 6 overs in two T20s with practically an A side (Rana was captaining the team IMO) is not called "giving chances". If you select a player, especially a pacer, you need to give him at least 8-10 matches surely. I'm surprised that folks here talk of backing pacers and giving them chances and calling for someone like Aaron (who hasn't done anything to deserve a recall) to be given more chances. But for Sandeep, who has performed literally in every format, there are different rules. Apparently for him no chances need to be given and he doesn't deserve backing coz just like Jadhav he apparently doesn't have the so called "X factor".

Barely 6 overs in two T20s with practically an A side (Rana was captaining the team IMO) is not called "giving chances". If you select a player, especially a pacer, you need to give him at least 8-10 matches surely. I'm surprised that folks here talk of backing pacers and giving them chances and calling for someone like Aaron (who hasn't done anything to deserve a recall) to be given more chances. But for Sandeep, who has performed literally in every format, there are different rules. Apparently for him no chances need to be given and he doesn't deserve backing coz just like Jadhav he apparently doesn't have the so called "X factor".

Just read my post once again dear friend I mentioned some historical facts their :giggle: and reason why most of us don't back sandeep type bowler, I can understand you as you're his fan and me has a soft spot for him and do agree that he deserves more then a 6 over, but the end results won't change and that's harsh reality.

7 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Yes sandeep got a chance in Zimbabwe odi series and he was attacked n thrashed.

You are correct.

Bowling in domestic n succeeding and even succeeding in IPL does not mean ..a bowler would succeed playing for India.

He has to beat umesh ishant bumrah shammi bhuvi shardul brainder saran..nehra.these are the selected bowlers who have genuine strengths.

Even shardul bowls 136 to 144 and swings a bit.

Saran is a swing pace n bounce all in one bowler. He bowls from 120 to 144 k...swings bounces and bowls left arm fast too.

Nehra is a master.

Sandeep swings too but not as much as praveen...n he is too small in height for international cricket.

If he improves his skills further..may be..he can get a chance..I wish him all the best.

But I don't think he will succeed in international cricket.

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Just read my post once again dear friend I mentioned some historical facts their :giggle: and reason why most of us don't back sandeep type bowler, I can understand you as you're his fan and me has a soft spot for him and do agree that he deserves more then a 6 over, but the end results won't change and that's harsh reality.

Historical facts regarding what? Have we seen a domestic player who performed at u-19, then List A, then FC and finally even in IPL? I haven't seen anyone like him so far. Others have been found out at one level or another whereas Sandeep hasn't. If someone performs at every level the logical step is for him to be given a chance at the next level. Clearly Sandeep knows how to succeed and needs to be backed.

You are correct.

Bowling in domestic n succeeding and even succeeding in IPL does not mean ..a bowler would succeed playing for India.

He has to beat umesh ishant bumrah shammi bhuvi shardul brainder saran..nehra.these are the selected bowlers who have genuine strengths.

Saran is a swing pace n bounce all in one bowler. He bowls from 120 to 144 k...swings bounces and bowls left arm fast too.

Nehra is a master.

Sandeep swings too but not as much as praveen...n he is too small in height for international cricket.

If he improves his skills further..may be..he can get a chance..I wish him all the best.

Ohh yes correct his height is an issue too how can I forget it LOL

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

You are correct.

Nehra is a master.

You cannot know that unless given a chance. Sandeep has outbowled most of the bowlers you mentioned in IPL, which is the closest you will see to intl level. Bowling is about taking wkts and not about a speed competition. Bowling is about out-thinking a batsman and bowling to a plan and not just hurl the delivery as fast you can. Bowling is about understanding your strengths and using them to prise out wickets and not about bowling bouncers at 140 kph with no brains.

Sandeep's biggest strength is his unwavering line & length and I doubt any of the bowlers can beat him in that category and that's why he deserves a chance. Sandeep has shown his strengths work at whatever level he has played and have helped him succeed and his performances at all levels speak to the same. Aaron bowling at 140 kph and getting thrashed to all corners is meaningless. I would take Sandeep's accuracy and discipline ahead of those 140 kph thunderbolts which crash into boundary boards. As I said earlier, domestic performances do mean something and just because someone thinks Rayudu is better than Jadhav doesn't make it so. We are seeing the same scenario here. In shorter formats I don't see anyone other than Bumrah and Bhuvi ahead of Sandeep based on performances.

27 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

No he has never played a odi for India. He needs to be given a couple of series at the very least (8-10 odis) before making a call. Surely that's fair given somebody like Aaron has played 10 matches for India and Sandeep has better stats and figures than Aaron in every format. It's similar to selectors picking Rayudu ahead of Jadhav :facepalm: 

Kedar is a super hit and plays at back foot and front foot...Steve Waugh used to play at back foot and I confidently say kedar is extremely good at back foot ...he will beat rahane rohit dhawan and will compete with kohli as our best batsman in future.

He shreyas and manish are ready to play tests...my money is on these 3 to play for India in tests odi n even t 20.

Karan is good too but I believe these 3 are equally good with kedar the best among 4.

Historical facts regarding what? Have we seen a domestic player who performed at u-19, then List A, then FC and finally even in IPL? I haven't seen anyone like him so far. Others have been found out at one level or another whereas Sandeep hasn't. If someone performs at every level the logical step is for him to be given a chance at the next level. Clearly Sandeep knows how to succeed and needs to be backed.

:facepalm: won't be backed though unless he increases his pace, especially with kumble and kohli backing pace now a days having success in domestic doesn't means he will succeed in internationals, tbh he is already found out when KKR opened with Sunil narine and neutralized his out swing he was helpless in that match.

5 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Kedar is a super hit and plays at back foot and front foot...Steve Waugh used to play at back foot and I confidently say kedar is extremely good at back foot ...he will beat rahane rohit dhawan and will compete with kohli as our best batsman in future.

He shreyas and manish are ready to play tests...my money is on these 3 to play for India in tests odi n even t 20.

Karan is good too but I believe these 3 are equally good with kedar the best among 4.

After the fact it's easy to make such statements. I didn't see too many calling for Jadhav's selection when he was continuously ignored in favor of Rayudu. I'm sure if Sandeep is given a chance and succeeds we will have similar posts how you could see Sandeep's immaculate line & length would help him succeed.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Thampi bowls 4 good inswinging yorkers in his next over.

Is some good coach reading ICF and talking with bowlers standing at the boundary  ?   :p:

Those yorkers tailed in late too. That's what he should do. Bowl those yorkers which he is good at. Very Good over from Thampi. 

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Mosher said:

Those yorkers tailed in late too. That's what he should do. Bowl those yorkers which he is good at. Very Good over from Thampi. 

Yes.. Thampi's yorkers are accurate, fast and tail in late. He can bowl them at will too.

Great talent and I hope he is nurtured and backed.

Edited by express bowling