Sandeep Sharma!!!

Ultimate_Game

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Zak was a fast-medium bowler who hit the deck hard when needed. Had a sharp bouncer and could push the batsman on the back foot.

He was not a trundler and lack of pace/bounce was never a problem with him.

Yes, fast-medium. Not a speed demon by any stretch of imagination. Became slower and slower with time.

Zak’s highest ever has been 145, Agarkar and Nehra has done better. I only remember Srinath, Ishant (in some matches) and VRV to be 145+ in the 90s and the 2000s. 

So is that trundling?? I am OK with those speeds what's your point?? Please don't be confused I am not demanding a pace demon, my problem is those dibbly doblies like pk dk vinnu binny yo Mahesh sandip etc. Cheers

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

That's it. Nobody from the superfast brigade of Yadav, Aaron, etc.? How come they are not World beaters with all that pace?

No one is claiming that the quickest pacers are the best pacers.

I always look for pacers who combine pace or bounce with skill.

No need to look for extreme pace without skills or extreme skills without pace or bounce. 

If a pacer is bowling medium fast then it would be better if he gets steep bounce, which is often more effective than horizontal pace.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Express bowling has answerd it check above, hope that will help emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji106.png

Shami and Bumrah have done well not because of any express pace. They are both fast-medium only. They have done well because of their intelligence rather than brute pace. The top pacy bowlers - Yadav, Aaron are not exactly World beaters as yet.

5 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Yes, fast-medium. Not a speed demon by any stretch of imagination. Became slower and slower with time.

actually got more effective as he got slower

Shami and Bumrah have done well not because of any express pace. They are both fast-medium only. They have done well because of their intelligence rather than brute pace. The top pacy bowlers - Yadav, Aaron are not exactly World beaters as yet.

Fast medium not medium fast mind you

Its the combination of pace and skills,

Also it doesn't prove that they are trundlers THEY ARE FAST ENOUGH and that's what we want, you presume to be blind towards pace, please rise above your hate

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

He was always fast-medium in his peak years. Became slower only in his last couple of years in international cricket, which happens to most pacers who play well into their 30s.

I am perfectly ok with a skilled fast-medium pacer who can hit the deck hard when needed and get seam movement and bounce.

It is the medium-fast or medium pacers who do not have the ability to hit the deck hard when needed ..... that international captains and coaches do not like..... as they become one trick ponies.

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

But that's not drastic fall in his pace you can't label him as dibbly dobbly sandip esq pacer, can you???

I did say that Sandip needs to be around 136-137. That’s what Zaheer also was in the latter part. Maybe 1-2 kms more. 

Anyway, we are not comparing them, so it’s not so relevant. Zaheer has been great for India, and has not been a speed demon.

Edited by Magneto

I did say that Sandip needs to be around 136-137. That’s was Zaheer also was in the latter part. Maybe 1-2 kms more. 

But he could still bowl those quick skiddy 140+ pace and that's always played in batsmen's mind

Infact he use to surprise the batsman with sudden change in pace

9 minutes ago, Texan said:

Shami bowls a good % of his deliveries in the 140 k to 145 k range, at times even up to 147 k in test matches and combines this with bounce and hostile bouncers. Maintains his pace even at the end of the day. That is fast bowling and not fast medium.

You obviously have to combine pace with skills and no one is demanding an unskilled pacer.

Umesh has also started to do really well in the last few test matches, after he has started to combine pace, bounce, accuracy and reverse swing both ways. This is the type of bowling that I want to see.

Shami bowls a good % of his deliveries in the 140 k to 145 k range, at times even up to 147 k in test matches and combines this with bounce and hostile bouncers. Maintains his pace even at the end of the day. That is fast bowling and not fast medium.

You obviously have to combine pace with skills and no one is demanding an unskilled pacer.

Umesh has also started to do really well in the last few test matches, after he has started to combine pace, bounce, accuracy and reverse swing both ways. This is the type of bowling that I want to see.

Good point bro, let's see what excuse will they bring now lol

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Not quite. Majority of his bowling is in the 137-142 range and rarely does he hit 145. The thing that works for Shami is that he keeps bowling in the channel outside off and can keep testing the batsman. Express pace is not his top attribute.