ICF All Time ODI Cricket Draft [MATCH DAY 2 - Group A] | Match 3

Which Team Do You Think Would WIN  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Do You Think Would WIN

11 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Ambrose is a better bowler than McGrath.

Ambrose had all the strengths of McGrath and combined with great pace.

The only difference was that McGrath always had a Warne to fall back on wickets that doesn't suit him unlike Ambrose.

But I doubt any modern bowler let alone McGrath could replicate that Perth spell.

Perfectly said.

42 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Ambrose is a better bowler than McGrath.

Ambrose had all the strengths of McGrath and combined with great pace.

The only difference was that McGrath always had a Warne to fall back on wickets that doesn't suit him unlike Ambrose.

But I doubt any modern bowler let alone McGrath could replicate that Perth spell.

Nothing like falling back on. McGrath needed no one to fall back on. But I would give it a pass if someone rates Ambrose higher. To each his own.

33 minutes ago, DDfan2017 said:

Coz Narine bowls in an era most unfriendly to bowlers. When Saqlain bowled, conditions were a bit less batsmen friendly.

Regarding Ambrose, already said, he is the best pace bowler since 90s till date. Most difficult to hit. Would have left any bowler behind by miles if he had played as many games as others. 

Not convinced even a bit regarding Narine. There is no comparison Saqlain was the one of the best spinner I have seen both in skills and intelligence.

Fine about Ambrose. Still rate McGrath higher though personally.

41 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Nothing like falling back on. McGrath needed no one to fall back on. But I would give it a pass if someone rates Ambrose higher. To each his own.

Taking nothing away from Saqlain, his figures of 21 average, 4.3 economy, 30 strike rate are excellent. 

But for someone like Narine playing in this era and having an economy of 4.12 after 60+ games is exceptional. 

Saqlain was definitely a legend, pioneer of doosra, can be called the milestone of off-spin.

But what Narine is doing in LOIs in this era of batting dominance is equally exceptional.

We tend to always believe old is gold. So always rate ex players higher than current players. Someone in this thread said as of now, Jaisurya averaging 32 is way ahead of QDK averaging 43. It sounds similar to saying Jaisurya is way greater than Kohli as of now. So it all depends on one's personal view.

If Narine ends his career after 8-10 yrs with similar ODI stats as he has now, he will be regarded as great a legend as Saqlain. And I believe Narine is a better death over bowler than Saqlain who got frequently hit in the final overs by the like of Rajesh Chauhan, Sunil Joshi, Kanitkar.

Edited by DDfan2017
5 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

Taking nothing away from Saqlain, his figures of 21 average, 4.3 economy, 30 strike rate are excellent. 

But for someone like Narine playing in this era and having an economy of 4.12 after 60+ games is exceptional. 

Saqlain was definitely a legend, pioneer of doosra, can be called the milestone of off-spin.

But what Narine is doing in LOIs in this era of batting dominance is equally exceptional.

We tend to always believe old is gold. So always rate ex players higher than current players. Someone in this thread said as of now, Jaisurya averaging 32 is way ahead of QDK averaging 43. It sounds similar to saying Jaisurya is way greater than Kohli as of now. So it all depends on one's personal view.

If Narine ends his career after 8-10 yrs with similar ODI stats as he has now, he will be regarded as great a legend as Saqlain. And I believe Narine is a better death over bowler than Saqlain who got frequently hit in the final overs by the like of Rajesh Chauhan, Sunil Joshi, Kanitkar.

Most of narine's 60 matches were played when he was chucking. How many has he played after correcting his action and what is his stats? Serious quest.