Based on what we saw in IPL,Every Indian batsman looks out of form

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

O dear . Judging matters on ipl circus lol

At the end of the day it is still a game of bat and ball and form matters regardless....look at Kohli 2016....was in beast mode in wt20, God mode in the IPL scoring 100s for fun,translated that into tests by scoring 200s for fun and then had a bad T20s series against England, a mediocre test series against Australia and then a poor IPL.

"Form" is a real thing.

yes case can be made for players like Pujara and Rahane who might look a million bucks in tests but fish out of water in T20s and Odis.

overall the point is these players didn't fail because of the nature of the format, they looked scratchy and jaded in pretty much every game.

Likes of Pant,Shankar and even Karthik (whose selection) I am dead against translated their domestic form to a good IPL.

so sure if a player had 3 overs to go and slog from ball 1 in T20s and failed I would say numbers don't count in judging them in how they would perform in a odi tournament.

for e.g., take a look at Gayle it's pretty easy to see he is done with cricket...it's not like if he gets back into tests he will start hitting 100s again.

so yes IPL might not be a total measuring stick it sure gives us some perspective.

22 hours ago, maniac said:

At the end of the day it is still a game of bat and ball and form matters regardless....look at Kohli 2016....was in beast mode in wt20, God mode in the IPL scoring 100s for fun,translated that into tests by scoring 200s for fun and then had a bad T20s series against England, a mediocre test series against Australia and then a poor IPL.

"Form" is a real thing.

yes case can be made for players like Pujara and Rahane who might look a million bucks in tests but fish out of water in T20s and Odis.

overall the point is these players didn't fail because of the nature of the format, they looked scratchy and jaded in pretty much every game.

Likes of Pant,Shankar and even Karthik (whose selection) I am dead against translated their domestic form to a good IPL.

so sure if a player had 3 overs to go and slog from ball 1 in T20s and failed I would say numbers don't count in judging them in how they would perform in a odi tournament.

for e.g., take a look at Gayle it's pretty easy to see he is done with cricket...it's not like if he gets back into tests he will start hitting 100s again.

so yes IPL might not be a total measuring stick it sure gives us some perspective.

Didn't kohli just bat gun in warm up game lol but based on his ipl form....