Indian Pace attack - impressive

gator

Very heartening to see our pace attack making them hop.... as i had earlier predicted RPS was rusty after not playing in the paaki tests and he needed 2 tests to get his pace bak and rightly, he is topping at 145kph and averaging around 142-143kph... Ishant , only 19 yrs old is clocking around 140-143kph regularly.....he is already drawin comparisons with Ambrose... it is high praise indeed but definitely encouraging.... Pathan is bowling banana swingers at 135kph+ and maxing out at close to 140kph..... Cant wait for Sreesonic to get bak to the pack with his 148kph zingers....

y dont u guys go and watch the match, while people who understand good bowling and can applaud it post in this thread.... i dont think, the OP mentions that these guys will win us the match.... the fact is, they clocked these speed and it is heartening to see....

u guys r jus a scared bunch... at the moment, i dont know, whether they will go ahead and wrap up the aussue innings or run thro sides and yes, it will be jumping the gun to assume so..... the post is regarding the pace of the bowling attack and why the fack r u guys shytting in ur pants to give credit....oh well...

Cannot believe some of the most irrelevant responses to this thread... Excellent Point Gats, As the Doc had pointed out in one of his articles before, India's resurgence in the test arena in the last 5 years, especially abroad has its roots in its growing cadre of quick bowlers. Gone are the days when we went into tests with 3 spinners and Ganguly opening the attack simply because we didnt have good enough pacers. Since the turn of this millennium, we have a steady supply of decent quicks, starting from Zaheer Khan, to Agarkar, Nehra, Balaji and later, Pathan, RPS, Sreesanth, Munaf, VRV, Ishant and Pankaj. This is indeed a VERY heartening sign for India's prospects What is more warming to see is that we have some genuine swing bowlers too and it was swing that won us the test series in Eng and it is swing now again, that has troubled the Aussies. Add to this mix, a bonafide quick bowler like Sreesanth and we have all the makings of a really potent pace attack. Another good news is that most of these pacers are young, either in their early 20s or sometimes, in their teens. We have a good crop that we can groom for the future. All's looking good for India !

Must say I am not surprised in the least Gats. I remember before the onset of the series a couple of folks had asked me at ICF if I really thought India would win and I was fairly confident when I said Yes. My confidence was in the ability of Zaheer, Sreesanth and RP. Granted two of them are out with injuries but the ones that have followed - Pathan and Ishant - have been great. Pathan is always the kind of player which brings his A game in pressure cooker situation(no wonder he has a leg over Afridi) and Ishant has stayed within his limitations and done the damage. All in all extremely heartening to see Indian pacers not take a step back in world champions den and making everyone gush about swing, length and more importantly wickets. not surprised at all my friend, happy yes, surprised no.

Batting cupboard is looking bare now...No Real stalwarts seems to be coming on stage..at least in test cricket..
TGIB, the batters are not getting enuf opportunities in test cricket as the bowlers are getting..... it is quite obvious, tht more players u try, the more players u discover.... i am fine with the fab 4 playing as long as they play well, as long as they dont quit at the same time.... i think, they need to be phased out gradually and tht will be a real challenge for the selectors.... but our batting is set for the next 2 yrs.... Yuvi's spot is the weak one, right now.... There are plenty of talented youngsters like Tiwary, Rohit, Parthiv and Raina waiting and one or more of them might just be the replacement for the fab 4.... anyways the thread is about our pace bowling and it was jus annoying to see some people come and cr@p all over this thread cos they couldnt handle the pressure of the match...