What is Jadeja doing in this Indian team!!

44 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

I am more fitter and athletic than you can ever be in your dreams. 

I play 50, 35, 25 and 20 over club games over the weekend and usually play 3-4 matches on weekends. I open the bowling and come as a middle order batsman. On average, I bowl more than 20 overs of fast bowling and can bat pretty decent. 

And yes, my bowling and batting is the reason why various clubs want me. Fielding is only 5 percent of the game

In words of McEnroe - You cannot be Fuc*ing serious.

7 hours ago, rahulrulezz said:

Check his username.... You think you can get explain anything to a guy like him...  fielding fielding fielding.. thats what this khota keeps harping about.. no wonder why we had guys like Kaif play 150 matches for team India.. I guess some BCCI babus are indeed 'Khota's

Sir I do not appreciate name calling. Me and Bleaf are keeping it very civil. 

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Unfortunately some of you have a close mind set with no exposure to sports. You need to meet a minimum criteria.Have you ever seen an NFL combine. It  will be an eye opener for some of you. 

Let me make it clear minimum athletic ability is a must. You can take the best cricket player and put him against a random baseball outfielder or infielder and you will see the baseball player can run circles around him. Literally.

Do not generalize or demean anyone.  I've played for my school and I do play hockey even now.  Your arguments are quite flawed because once you meet the minimum criteria - what matters is what you bring to the team.  

Jadeja exceeding minimum level of fielding does not bring anything tangible.  Kuldeep or Raina with above minimum level of fielding can contribute more and Jadeja isn't able to so he needs to make way 

8 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Do not generalize or demean anyone.  I've played for my school and I do play hockey even now.  Your arguments are quite flawed because once you meet the minimum criteria - what matters is what you bring to the team.  

Jadeja exceeding minimum level of fielding does not bring anything tangible.  Kuldeep or Raina with above minimum level of fielding can contribute more and Jadeja isn't able to so he needs to make way 

I am definitely not demeaning anyone but if physical fitness is not considered essential then I have the right to question anyone I feel like.

Irrespective of the skill set if you dont meet the minimum you should not be on the team. Athleticism is must.

e.g. I know of a high school football(soccer) team where the minimum criteria is 2 miles in 12 minutes. If you dont have it you are not getting on the field.

Just now, Khota said:

I am definitely not demeaning anyone but if physical fitness is not considered essential then I have the right to question anyone I feel like.

Irrespective of the skill set if you dont meet the minimum you should not be on the team. Athleticism is must.

e.g. I know of a high school football(soccer) team where the minimum criteria is 2 miles in 12 minutes. If you dont have it you are not getting on the field.

By implying that someone isn't an athlete or hasn't played a sport just because they do not agree with your opinion is juvenile.

No one said that there should be no minimum standard. Ofcourse there is.  I think you did not understand my post. 

"So let's say we achieve a minimum level of fielding throughout the team , Lets say on a scale of 0 to 100 , 70 points which may include grading on throwing , running , catching , throwing at the stumps all are taken in context - Indian team decides that 70 is the threshold for all players to have on a minimum and all our players are above that.

If Jadeja scores 90 on the fielding criteria and a different spinner or another all rounder ; let's say for example Raina or Kuldeep score 80 or 85 or even 75 then why do we need Jadeja ?     Jadeja's role in this team is to pick wickets and score runs and he's failing in them both.   whether he scores a 90 in fielding is irrelevant - replace him with an all rounder or a spinner who can take more wickets than him or score more runs that him as long as they are above the 70 points on the minimum grading for fielding".

I did say the minimum standard for fielding is 70 for an example and players like Raina and Kuldeep are above than 70 then they need to replace Jadeja because Jadeja isn't performing with the bat or the ball. 

33 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

By implying that someone isn't an athlete or hasn't played a sport just because they do not agree with your opinion is juvenile.

No one said that there should be no minimum standard. Ofcourse there is.  I think you did not understand my post. 

"So let's say we achieve a minimum level of fielding throughout the team , Lets say on a scale of 0 to 100 , 70 points which may include grading on throwing , running , catching , throwing at the stumps all are taken in context - Indian team decides that 70 is the threshold for all players to have on a minimum and all our players are above that.

If Jadeja scores 90 on the fielding criteria and a different spinner or another all rounder ; let's say for example Raina or Kuldeep score 80 or 85 or even 75 then why do we need Jadeja ?     Jadeja's role in this team is to pick wickets and score runs and he's failing in them both.   whether he scores a 90 in fielding is irrelevant - replace him with an all rounder or a spinner who can take more wickets than him or score more runs that him as long as they are above the 70 points on the minimum grading for fielding".

I did say the minimum standard for fielding is 70 for an example and players like Raina and Kuldeep are above than 70 then they need to replace Jadeja because Jadeja isn't performing with the bat or the ball. 

Let us continue. I am taking baseball as the basis as they have the most advanced metrics. They define minimum ability and there is no compromise. That includes height and weight becaus ethey know what it takes to be successful. You can be the best pitcher, hitter or god you need to meet the minimum criteria. I am listing that for D1 players. The standard gets tighter for MLB etc:

• A Division I middle infield recruit will generally run between a 6.5 and a 6.8 60 yard dash. This time needs to be verified by a 3rd party for college coaches to truly believe it.
  • In terms of arm strength, Division I middle infield recruits will throw the ball across the diamond anywhere between 85 MPH and 95 MPH. 

Stats: 

• OB %: .500; Slugging: .600 (Minimum 2 AB's per game)

A very small eg. It is lot detailed for all the positions. Cricket can only  dream about this.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Let us continue. I am taking baseball as the basis as they have the most advanced metrics. They define minimum ability and there is no compromise. That includes height and weight becaus ethey know what it takes to be successful. You can be the best pitcher, hitter or god you need to meet the minimum criteria. I am listing that for D1 players. The standard gets tighter for MLB etc:

• A Division I middle infield recruit will generally run between a 6.5 and a 6.8 60 yard dash. This time needs to be verified by a 3rd party for college coaches to truly believe it.
  • In terms of arm strength, Division I middle infield recruits will throw the ball across the diamond anywhere between 85 MPH and 95 MPH. 

Stats: 

• OB %: .500; Slugging: .600 (Minimum 2 AB's per game)

A very small eg. It is lot detailed for all the positions. Cricket can only  dream about this.

Sure baseball it is then ,   My team is the blue jays so I'll give you examples from there.

I am not debating minimum criteria though  -   I am not sure how you cannot accept or understand that ?

For OBP of over .500 %    -  For us Donaldson sits as .402 atm   ,  Does that tell you anything ?  He's got 8 HR and Smoak has 20 with a lower OBP. 

Once a minimum criteria is reached , you choose the best and all Indian players selected for international are above that minimum level - then why would I pick Jadeja when I can have kuldeep or Raina performing in more categories all over the minimum level 

7 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

Sure baseball it is then ,   My team is the blue jays so I'll give you examples from there.

I am not debating minimum criteria though  -   I am not sure how you cannot accept or understand that ?

For OBP of over .500 %    -  For us Donaldson sits as .402 atm   ,  Does that tell you anything ?  He's got 8 HR and Smoak has 20 with a lower OBP. 

Once a minimum criteria is reached , you choose the best and all Indian players selected for international are above that minimum level - then why would I pick Jadeja when I can have kuldeep or Raina performing in more categories all over the minimum level 

I have no problem if you set a minimum criteria. There could be some grey area but not major compromise. May miss a good player with skill but should have athletes all over the place.

Is there a minimum criteria in Indian team. I dont think so. Ashwin is overweight and slow. Hardly conducive to fas formats. Once again if all players have a minimum criteria then you should pick the best. There should be no compromise on minimum criteria.

22 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

OBP 0.402 is not bad. Smoak with 20 is probably striking out a lot. Anyway the devil is in the detail. I am talking about how they did in training camps. It is ok to go thru slump but there should be no compromise on basics.

Anyway as my coach always said, Talent is something you may or maynot have but conditioning is something you control. You need to be fieldng good all the time and then you build.

15 hours ago, Khota said:

I have no problem if you set a minimum criteria. There could be some grey area but not major compromise. May miss a good player with skill but should have athletes all over the place.

Is there a minimum criteria in Indian team. I dont think so. Ashwin is overweight and slow. Hardly conducive to fas formats. Once again if all players have a minimum criteria then you should pick the best. There should be no compromise on minimum criteria.

Well again, I've reiteriated the same thing that a minimum criteria is there and Jadeja except meeting the minimum criteria in fielding is not adding anything else to the team . 

He is not contributing to the team as a bowler or a batsman - He cannot be selected in the side purely for fielding ,  either produce with the bat or the bowl  - but if you are selected as an all rounder who cannot pick wickets or score runs - you need to make way for others 

35 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Well again, I've reiteriated the same thing that a minimum criteria is there and Jadeja except meeting the minimum criteria in fielding is not adding anything else to the team . 

He is not contributing to the team as a bowler or a batsman - He cannot be selected in the side purely for fielding ,  either produce with the bat or the bowl  - but if you are selected as an all rounder who cannot pick wickets or score runs - you need to make way for others 

As long as he meets the minimum criteria and others meet the same criteria the guy with better skill set should be the one selected.

yesterday I remembered a scene in the movie "Lagaan" in which Bhura (Raghuvir Yadav) tries to take a single and on the mid-pitch Bhuvan (Amir Khan) slips and falls down. Immediately Bhura, a villager shows amazing match awareness and pushes away the best batsman for the situation and sacrifices his wicket. Our Rana Pratap wannabe Ravindra Jadeja doesn't have even this basic common sense... I don't feel bad that Pakistan won... Good on them, but there are pseudo heroes in our lineup and we must get rid of them as soon as possible

Bhura_presence_of_mind.png

No point in playing Sir in ODIs despite his exceptional fielding. His bowling is pedestrian and so is his batting. We need someone who is explosive/impactful at least in one discipline (not fielding) - either Krunal or Kuldeep/Chahal.

He can be a handful in the right conditions as a bowler. He will not deliver on batting pitches as he becomes predictable on those surfaces. If there is even some turn, he can be hard to hit because he is so accurate. Also he is a decent slogger and a great fielder. He should be in the squad for sure. Not sure about playing X1 outside SC, unless pitch supports him.

4 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

He can be a handful in the right conditions as a bowler. He will not deliver on batting pitches as he becomes predictable on those surfaces. If there is even some turn, he can be hard to hit because he is so accurate. Also he is a decent slogger and a great fielder. He should be in the squad for sure. Not sure about playing X1 outside SC, unless pitch supports him.

the problem in ODIs is that he is not a decent slogger. Krunal is a better bet with a similar skill-set (although a poorer bowler).