Whats the score that if India gets it, then win is nearly assured?

arkay

Whats the score that if India gets it, then win is nearly assured?  

1. 1.

• Final Target: 300 range
    • Final Target: 350 range
    • Final Target: 400 range
    • Final Target: 450 range
    • Final Target: 500 range
    • Final Target: 550 range
    • Beyond 550!!!

If Sehwag stays till Lunch tomorrow...Australia's goose will be cooked. We should look to bat the whole day which means 300+ runs taking the least to 450+ more than enough to bead Australia on the Perth pitch where their FTB's do not have any clue how to play medium phast bowlers.

Guest HariSampath
You guys are making me nervous. Please close all target/declaration/4th inn chases threads till the end of D3. We will still have to survive 3 sessions. If we are around 350 (including lead) tommorow then we can talk about D4 strategy. But we have to survive D3 without getting allout. With the ball swinging and pitch bounce' date=' I doubt we will survive without getting allout by the end of D3. Blockers, Blockers galore. We need to block till the cows come home. If we survive one day, runs will come by itself, but staying afloat in the match is very important. No need for rash shots...keep taking singles, punish bad-balls. No need for giving catch practice, scuba-diving shots...why take risks at all....[/quote'] LOL...are you talking about the 3rd test match between India and Aus being played at Perth ? That is a game we are trying to win and Aussies are trying to save, and we need to "block block block" ?? , that is the surefire way to lose the test even. If we do that This is what will happen : Sehwag blocks 3 overs and gone: Dravid blocks one session and goes one over before lunch. Bowlers will be well set and bowling with tails up : Sachin comes in with score 80-3, and we get allout for 150....guess what happens ? a target of 269 for Aus.....go figure
LOL...are you talking about the 3rd test match between India and Aus being played at Perth ? That is a game we are trying to win and Aussies are trying to save' date=' and we need to "block block block" ?? , that is the surefire way to lose the test even. If we do that This is what will happen : Sehwag blocks 3 overs and gone: Dravid blocks one session and goes one over before lunch. Bowlers will be well set and bowling with tails up : Sachin comes in with score 80-3, and we get allout for 150....guess what happens ? a target of 269 for Aus.....go figure[/quote'] I am talking about how India played in Headlingly 2002 or Nottingham 06. Play safe, runs will come if you stay in the wkt. No need to take unnecessary risks liike scuba-diving shots or the mad scoop that Dravid tried... Mind you if we set 400 runs and Australia has 2 days to chase that, they have the potential to do it. So, we need to play time as well. They need to get only 5 session to score any target that means we need to bat till lunch of D4.

Everyone talking about 350 & less are very optimistic - aren't you? 450+ is the only safe option for India. India must score 335+ in the 2nd innings otherwise our goose will be cooked. I still don't trust the umpires for that to happen. My guess is India will fold around 220 mark. Sorry for being so optimistic.

Guest HariSampath
I am talking about how India played in Headlingly 2002 or Nottingham 06. Play safe' date=' runs will come if you stay in the wkt. No need to take unnecessary risks liike scuba-diving shots or the mad scoop that Dravid tried... Mind you if we set 400 runs and Australia has 2 days to chase that, they have the potential to do it. So, we need to play time as well. They need to get only 5 session to score any target that means we need to bat till lunch of D4.[/quote'] That is where I disagree with you fundamentally. Look what "playing safe" and block block got us....2 tests down. If we do the same thing , we will be sitting ducks and a mini collapse will see almost nothing on the board. We need to get after the Aussie bowling and with each 50 runs up, they will be squeezed out of the game. If you think they can play 2 days to get 400, why do you imagine we can bowl them out in 5 sessions ? That strategy itself is flawed, and we have got so far in this test only because we were positive and went after them from ball one, and that is what we should do
Guest HariSampath

We need to assume a target of 450 will be good enough, and we have to try and get the remaining 280 as quickly as possible. If we manage to get 300 on day3 , Aus is out of this game, and we have 2 days to bowl them out

We need atlease one and half day to bowl out aussies' date=' as wicket will be easy to bat on on 4 day and I don't see it will change much even on fifth day, we should bat whole day tomorrow and possibly half day on 4th day if we could,[/quote'] Wicket will be good on the 4th and 5th day Dude do u even follow cricket? The pitch is already showing signs of breaking up 4th and 5th day will be tough on the batsman. With the amount of sun the pich is getting it is breaking up, getting drier and quickening up as there is no moisture left.

Aus have posted a great 3rd inning scores in Perth in the last two tests. If this was end of D3, then going aggresive would have been the option for a win. End of D2, we still have 270 overs. We need to bat atleast half of that to ensure a no-loss situation. Controlled aggression is what we need. No need to do unnecessary pyros.

If you think about it .. their batting hasnt clicked for a while now 2 new openers Hussy was lucky in Syd else he hasnt done much Clarke & Ponting have failed symonds has been riding his luck for way tooooo long now Gilli just came good in the last inning So if India gets couple of wickets then I think even 300-320 will be tough .. but to be safe I think Indians need to set 450

I think 550 is the best target India can hope for but that is not going to happen. At the best India will probably be able to set about 400-450 runs as final target. Some of the Aussie batters are overdue and will strike form soon. They may do that in this test too and we're only couple of days into the test match. There is still a lot of cricket to be played and the pitch is playing fairly true so any target around 400 is achievable I think. 450 will put India in the favorites and India quite can't lose if a target of 550 is set.