Whats the score that if India gets it, then win is nearly assured?

arkay

Whats the score that if India gets it, then win is nearly assured?  

1. 1.

• Final Target: 300 range
    • Final Target: 350 range
    • Final Target: 400 range
    • Final Target: 450 range
    • Final Target: 500 range
    • Final Target: 550 range
    • Beyond 550!!!

Given that we still have 3 more days to go, what would be the target you want India to set? IMO India should bat ozzies out of the game. India is already 170 runs ahead. We should aim for another 300 to 350 runs and then bring on the ozzies so that target is 500+. If we dont score 500+ runs, ozzies would try to be very aggressive to get out of the rut. They have the likes of Symonds, Ponting and Gilly who can play a flashy innings. We should not even give an iota for ozzies to spring back a surprise. I would prefer each batsman spends sometime in the middle and gets atleast a 50-run partnership that would frustrate the ozzies to a large extent. Indians are fortunate that ozzies dont have Mathew Hayden who is a sticky customer and very difficult for india to get rid of. Ozzies can certainly chase. But with the exception of Ponting and Hussey, others dont have a reputation to play a long patient and waiting game.

I dont really think India will even think abt declaring. We shud bat and score as much as posible before we eventually get bowlded out. In my mind, a second innings score of 300+ is what I think we can get, which is good enough. The overalll lead would be anywhere between 412 to 450. This total by itself is enough to win the match i guess, cos the aussies will definitely go behind it and wud start losing wickets. as yo've rightly mentioned, there is no hayden or langer in this squad and their middle order, except symo and hussey are not in great form... so.. 400+ target shud be gud enouf to win this one... wow mate.. jst realized tat we are talking abt winning a perth test.. India... you beauty...

Any thing over 400 would be a winning score btw..don't count the chicken yet..as morning session is absolutely crucial..we have seen many collapses fom India in the past..so lot of application is needed from all the batsmen. More underrated bowlers have done their first half very well...Now its time once again for the paper tigers to come out and have kangaroos for lunch.

it is still to early last test also we had more than 60 runs lead in first innings, we all know how it worked out , they need to stay positive and but with indians we never know. they need their batsman to show up and put up a fight, Viru is very vital if he stays for an hour , that can ease the pressure off other batsman.

We are not going to have the luxury of declaring or aiming to set a target. If I've read the pitch correctly and assuming the safety first mindset of Indian bats barring Veeru, we will get bowled out for max 230 setting Australia close to 350, which IMO will be out of their reach.

Target???? We bat till we are all out! Get a target of 600 plus' date=' prefeably with day and half to bowl them out ![/quote'] i second that .... we need to keep ozis out of the equation of winning ... dont give them any damn chance to win. (ofcourse given a condition of batting good in our second inning)
Guest HariSampath

India will take it by the session; if we can get past first half hour without losing a wkt, then all hell will break lose. I think Sehwag playing till lunch will mean Australia will be out of the game already and will be fighting to save the test and defending with their bowling. We should aim at playing out all of 3rd day for 300 runs and then if we have even 3-4 wkts in hand, just slog for another 60-70 4th day morning. We can set 500+ if the 3rd day plans work well, but even with 400 target I think Australia will not save this Perth test.....hey !!!! I just typed Australia will not save Perth test !!!!! LOL.....Go India

You guys are making me nervous. Please close all target/declaration/4th inn chases threads till the end of D3. We will still have to survive 3 sessions. If we are around 350 (including lead) tommorow then we can talk about D4 strategy. But we have to survive D3 without getting allout. With the ball swinging and pitch bounce, I doubt we will survive without getting allout by the end of D3. Blockers, Blockers galore. We need to block till the cows come home. If we survive one day, runs will come by itself, but staying afloat in the match is very important. No need for rash shots...keep taking singles, punish bad-balls. No need for giving catch practice, scuba-diving shots...why take risks at all....

You guys are making me nervous. Please close all target/declaration/4th inn chases threads till the end of D3. We will still have to survive 3 sessions. If we are around 350 (including lead) tommorow then we can talk about D4 strategy. But we have to survive D3 without getting allout. With the ball swinging and pitch bounce, I doubt we will survive without getting allout by the end of D3. Blockers, Blockers galore. We need to block till the cows come home. If we survive one day, runs will come by itself, but staying afloat in the match is very important. No need for rash shots...keep taking singles, punish bad-balls. No need for giving catch practice, scuba-diving shots...why take risks at all....