NRI Hindus fighting over who are the custodians of the religion in the west

coffee_rules

Commies are far more poisonous. Thats why neo orientalists like Pollock get an audience in India. Take care of the former, there will be no oxygen for the latter. 

Rajiv Malhotra's hard work is finally starting to pay off with his indology conferences. Hopefully, In 10 years, Hindus will produce enough material that it will drown out whatever propaganda the nexus of commies, jihadis and neo orientalists spews. 

Balgandhara wanted to do something similar about 7-8 years but he got no backers since Psecs were running the show. 

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Um, Christianity has a 'tight hold' ?! is that why universities are holding open ticketed events presenting on whether christ was real or fictional ?!

Don't kid yourselves. You don't need blasphemy laws unless you are a lazy muslim preferring to live under the tyranny of the Koran. Out here, Christians go blue in the face arguing. You must also be prepared to do the same. 

Infact Hinduism not having blashpemy laws and being open to change/challenge throughout history is whats allowed it to evolve and survive 

You really don't read well. I wrote similarly so quit arguing just for the sake of it. So once again.. One can make up big lies about Hinduism and freely get away with it. We have an open architecture and that's something to be proud about, as anyone can challenge/debate. Liars like Pollack would have failed and got destroyed, had it been another big religion. For those religions, all must follow it if they want to saved from hell and also have their blasphemy laws. We do not have such things and that may explain why there isn't a fair representation nor respect of Hinduism as compared.

However, that doesn't mean we do not answer back.  When, there are lies, we should put aggressively tackle it. So Rajiv Malhotra is doing a great job as he is leading this fight.

most overseas Hindus dont give a damn about religion. They practice in peace and get on with their lives. its not central to their identity. These type of people like Pollack are perfect for self flagellating Indian liberals.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Tendu_10 said:

most overseas Hindus dont give a damn about religion. They practice in peace and get on with their lives. its not central to their identity. These type of people like Pollack are perfect for self flagellating Indian liberals.

From my experience, overseas Hindu kids learn from their parents mostly and, if they live in an area with Hindu temples, whatever they are taught there. 

The books people like Pollack make are only taught in universities to students who choose to take an optional course on Hinduism, if such a course is even offered at their university.  

From my experience, overseas Hindu kids learn from their parents mostly and, if they live in an area with Hindu temples, whatever they are taught there. 

The books people like Pollack make are only taught in universities to students who choose to take an optional course on Hinduism, if such a course is even offered at their university.  

most NRIs i know are pretty secular and dont know much about the religion. They just know certain rituals.