FAO : Sehwag rubbishers

Guest HariSampath
Well, dont want to post too much in "euphoria of Perth win". But this Sehwag topic cannot be decided on this one Test (where his contribution in bowling should not be counted while talking abt batting). We'll wait till for a few more matches to see the run of few matches. I still think he needs to prove his form.
Oh yeah....so you would have preferred Akash Chopra or Gambhir to have opened in Perth ??? LOL ...It was Sehwag who started our victory from ball one of the test.:two_thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath

What about ME ?? I was the one vociferously arguing Sehwag's case before the selection of probables AND even ater he was not in 24, I was predicting 100% he will make the tour and right from first test I was the one who was arguing he must be the FIRST opener ??? I DEMAND apologies from everyone who opposed me :D http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=81221 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=81075

What about ME ?? I was the one vociferously arguing Sehwag's case before the selection of probables AND even ater he was not in 24, I was predicting 100% he will make the tour and right from first test I was the one who was arguing he must be the FIRST opener ??? I DEMAND apologies from everyone who opposed me :D
Start a new one. This thread is not for apology seakers but for gloaters.:yay:
Guest HariSampath
Well, dont want to post too much in "euphoria of Perth win". But this Sehwag topic cannot be decided on this one Test (where his contribution in bowling should not be counted while talking abt batting). We'll wait till for a few more matches to see the run of few matches. I still think he needs to prove his form.
finey...uttudu machi...unakku neram seriyille :D
Guest HariSampath
Start a new one. This thread is not for apology seakers but for gloaters.:yay:
and I am the MOST qualified gloater...see the thread links above in my earlier post :two_thumbs_up:

I was a person who criticised Sehwag's selection in the squad (maybe not on this board) and stick by it. Sehwag himself noted that he regained his touch against Canberra, who is to say that he would have done that 9 times out of 10? Furthermore, 72 runs and two wickets in one Test match does not mean that Sehwag is 'back'. Need I remind you that the man averages near 50 and it was nearer 60 in his prime. This was a below average performance by Sehwag. He played and missed often and at times, I felt that he was lucky to get as many runs as he did. However, he is a pleasure to watch. The drives are just brilliant, but don't jump on the bandwagon after one, slightly below average performance.

Here comes another one trying to portray cricket through sheer numbers' date=' and that too over two innings.[/quote'] I am not doing things purely through numbers. I acknowledge that his agressive style brings a good start to the innings. But this was a below average performance by Sehwag and it is being hailed as his comeback.
fineleg knows something more than even the Aussie commentators are admitting - Sehwag and Pathan swung the game. Now let's here it from our expert' date=' fineleg............[/quote'] Not just yet prof... Guru Fineleg is still busy trying to counter arguments by VVS, Tendulkar, Ian Chappell, Waugh, Martyn, Gillespie, Katich and a hell of a lot of other batsmen with plenty of test runs as to just why it's a bad idea to turn down singles and protect lower order batsmen. :D

Not just 72 runs, 72 runs etched in gold. Wkt of Saint Gilly...priceless. Teh reason for the batting failure in the first two tests was not getting good start. I was one of those sceptical of his inclusion, but never doubted his contribution if included. Bowling brings a lot to the team. Perth wkt is made for his style of batting. He could have scored a 100 with some luck.

Not just 72 runs' date=' 72 runs etched in gold. Wkt of Saint Gilly...priceless. Teh reason for the batting failure in the first two tests was not getting good start. I was one of those sceptical of his inclusion, but never doubted his contribution if included. Bowling brings a lot to the team. Perth wkt is made for his style of batting. He could have scored a 100 with some luck.[/quote'] I understand the intangibility of his innings like you do. 'With some luck' is a bit of a baffling comment though. He played and missed often throughout his two innings. His bowling was very good though, I'm not denying that.
I am not doing things purely through numbers. I acknowledge that his agressive style brings a good start to the innings. But this was a below average performance by Sehwag and it is being hailed as his comeback.
On a wicket where the new ball was the most dangerous period and wickets fell at less than 30 runs on average, 72 runs is huge. Do you realize he was the best opener from either side in the test match or are you just arguing for the sake of it?
On a wicket where the new ball was the most dangerous period and wickets fell at less than 30 runs on average' date=' 72 runs is huge. Do you realize he was the best opener from either side in the test match or are you just arguing for the sake of it?[/quote'] Being the best opener from either side does not mean that the Sehwag of old is back. Jaques is new, Rogers is not good and Jaffer is in poor form. You need about three or four games to make an educated assumption about whether he will bat consistently.
Being the best opener from either side does not mean that the Sehwag of old is back. Jaques is new' date= Rogers is not good and Jaffer is in poor form. You need about three or four games to make an educated assumption about whether he will bat consistently.
I am not claiming that the Sehwag of old is back. Merely saying that his performance in this test was superb.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing and it appears as if many posters have conveniently forgotten how crap Sehwag was playing after the West Indies test victory in 2006 despite having been given opportunities time and time again by Dravid and teh selction commitee. The selectors' criticisms should be limited to their omission of Sehwag in Sydney after the MCG test showed that Dravid was simply not working as an opener and that either Jafffer or Yuvraj were dispensible at that stage. He's played well in this test but it's not as if he's been scoring centuries. That said the excitement which he brings to the Indian batting is like none other and I for one will relish the opportunity to witness that slash cut stroke which he will display in Adelaide. Perhaps I should start a thread of "I told you so" on Irfan Pathan!