Congratulations Anil Kumble

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

I just got through and spoke with Anil at Perth. I congratulated him on behalf of all of us at ICF too on this fantastic victory. Although I could just speak for less than 2 min, I told him we were all delighted on his 600 too . I asked him whether we do have a good chance of making it 2-2 at Adelaide. Anil conveyed his thanks to all fans for "my record and our win too" and also said " no reason why we shouldn't make it 2-2, the momentum is with us now and also Adelaide may help spin". Ok...here we go, once again a few words from the Indian test captain for ICFrs...gheez I do hope we get to chat with him here after the test series :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::haha::two_thumbs_up:

Congrats Anil and congrats India. At least I never thought that we could win at Perth. I had been reading about how the ball flies past nose here how is it so difficult for our batsmen to score. Then I saw the T20 match against NZ where the ball was really flying everywhere. All the hype of the ground and Tait seemed true then. But both came a cropper against India in this match. Can't say how relieved and happy I am today. Thanks India!!

Guest HariSampath

From what Anil told me about seriously thinking we can make it 2-2, and his comment on the spin factor at Adelaide, how many of you think the Indian captain has decided his playing 11 for 4th test, and how ?

From what Anil told me about seriously thinking we can make it 2-2' date=' and his comment on the spin factor at Adelaide, how many of you think the Indian captain has decided his playing 11 for 4th test, and how ?[/quote'] So if Adelaide is a spinning pitch then whom does Bhajji replace. All three seamers - RP Swing, Isant (Ponting is now my bunny) Sharma or Irfan (I am primarily a bowler) Pathan played excellently? Do we go in with 5 batters and 5 bowlers? Bit risky with five batters but then again Jaffer hasn't been contributing anyway - so I think no risk in losing him.

BCCI must annouce award for Kumble BCCI attention whores announced 1 crore and a BMW car for Yuvi..and other things for 20-20 winners.. But here is one man...who had done what none in india achieved so far..nor there is any chance in near future...still BCCI is looking the other way... Its not that Kumble needs any money...but its the recognition..love and respect what a sports person crave for... even Karnataka Govt has not announced any thing for the special occasion ... people in power are dead or what..??

and i remember when India defeated australia in twenty20 in mumbai last year, they were still going gaga about twenty20 world cup victory and announced int he middle of the presentation that there is also an award for ajit agarkar from bcci or mumbai govt for being part of twenty20 world cup squad.. and everyone was like "wat da heck? where did aggy come from in this game now."

Guest HariSampath
yeh thats probably what we'll go in with Hari any chance of getting a long interview with him, with questions from the guys at ICF
I sent him a text message after talking to him after Perth win..asking whether he can do a chat for ICF b4/after Adelaide test. Anil had replied saying "pl call after series"...dont know what he means...probably after he returns to Bangalore, where I am already scheduled to meet him as I could not make it for the Pakistan test at Bangalore. I guess we may get a brief online chat after he returns home...and ICF needs to be well prepared for that, would be a landmark event for ICF. Regarding the test 11 for Adelaide, I can say off record , most of us are right...just Bhajji in for Jaffer and batting order to be decided ( Pathan or Dravid to open , with VS )