Breaking News: Team Announced For Tri-Series

Prudent

Guest HariSampath

No...this is what the report you quoted says:

Ganguly deserved to be forewarned about his fate for a graceful exit if that is how the selectors were planning the future.
This is just that correspondent's comment and he has no clue as to what happened. And even he is only referring to the fact he feels Ganguly should have been told in advance and probably he might have gone gracefully, but Ganguly doesn't want to leave ODIs, so selectors had no choice except to drop him. This they did very decently and explained to Saurav and VVS the needs of team composition and why they were being excluded, it was done personally by the two selectors in Aus. See my report from The Hindu.

And your report obviously is more correct than the other reports in other paper....isn't it? And how doesBiswal and Raju could not meet Rahul Dravid because the former India captain was not in his room on Sunday morning. translate to But when they tried to tell Dravid, he had run away somewhere This shows your contempt towards him. Is it necessary to disrespect him like that? But you obviously have your reasons.....

Guest HariSampath

^@ bigdhoni As they both havent yet announced their retirements from ODIs, it has to be naturally assumed they are available for selection and have just been dropped . Neither will play in any ODI from here on. Its over. Personally I feel that Dravid will announce retirement from ODIs after the Adelaide test...I have some info he is planning to do so even now and that is why he did not meet the selectors. I have some unconfirmed info that Dravid thought ODI team will be announced after 4th test and was hence delaying his announcement, but as team was announced now itself , he feels he was not given a chance to announce his retirement gracefully, and feels insulted. That is why he didnt meet the selectors.

Why on earth did they not rest Sachin? What is wrong in having a young a squad there? If they win matches it is great news for Indian cricket. Even if they don't, they'll be gaining valuable experience there, while the cream of the team will be preparing for another crucial test series against another good opposition at home, after a good rest and recovery both physically as well as mentally. That'll be a win-win situation for us.

Guest HariSampath

but why should they rest sachin !!!! we need Sachin to win ODIs if he is playing the way he is now. Perhaps if later next year IF he is not upto the demands of ODIs they may rest him, but the way he is batting, and running between wkts last 2-3 months, we NEED sachin.

^@ bigdhoni As they both havent yet announced their retirements from ODIs, it has to be naturally assumed they are available for selection and have just been dropped . Neither will play in any ODI from here on. Its over. Personally I feel that Dravid will announce retirement from ODIs after the Adelaide test...I have some info he is planning to do so even now and that is why he did not meet the selectors. I have some unconfirmed info that Dravid thought ODI team will be announced after 4th test and was hence delaying his announcement, but as team was announced now itself , he feels he was not given a chance to announce his retirement gracefully, and feels insulted. That is why he didnt meet the selectors.
Every reason for Dravid to feel aggrieved and for an India fan to feel angry. Here is a man who has been a pillar for Indian cricket since last one decade. And selectors didn't have patience to talk to him and know his plans about ODIs. Why? Why could they not wait till 4th test to announce the squad formally? Why could they not give an opportunity to Dravid and Ganguly to call a day gracefully in this version of the game, if they didn't feature in the future plans?? This smacks of total lack of respect for such great players!!
but why should they rest sachin !!!! we need Sachin to win ODIs if he is playing the way he is now. Perhaps if later next year IF he is not upto the demands of ODIs they may rest him' date=' but the way he is batting, and running between wkts last 2-3 months, we NEED sachin.[/quote'] Sorry. But we need him more for tests. And we don't need to grind him to dust.
Guest HariSampath

^ that is why he has already said he himself is planning to go slow on ODIs in future, and he will retire from ODIs first before tests. Obviously he knows his own fitness levels and makes himself available for selection accordingly. Further , he is on his last tour of Aus and very much wants to play the ODIs , and as he is a first choice anyway, he plays.

Forget about the performance here... Why should sachin be asked if he wants to play the next world cup?Why? Which other player will be asked ....?
By asked I mean, you ask SRT to take a call. If he says he won't last that long then a farewell series to him as well. If he wants to play in WC 2011, then it won't be a free ride as well. He will have to perform consistently and much better than his replacement.
Guest HariSampath
By asked I mean' date=' you ask SRT to take a call. If he says he won't last that long then a farewell series to him as well. If he wants to play in WC 2011, then it won't be a free ride as well. He will have to perform consistently and much better than his replacement.[/quote'] SRT cannot and will not play the 2011 WC, he knows it and it is not his choice anyway. He cannot perform at acceptable levels of ODIs for another 3-4 years, and he will retire after ICC champions trophy I think, or perhaps in mid 2009, from ODIs
SRT cannot and will not play the 2011 WC' date=' he knows it and it is not his choice anyway. He cannot perform at acceptable levels of ODIs for another 3-4 years, and he will retire after ICC champions trophy I think, or perhaps in mid 2009, from ODIs[/quote'] If SRT thinks that he cannot play WC 2011, then there really isn't too much point in carrying on. I hope the selectors talk to him about this and make sure that he retires after Champions Trophy 2008. And if SRT deserves to play till Champions Trophy 2008, then so do SG and RD (provided they perform in the next couple of series).

So SRT is getting gaalis because he got retained and not RD/SCG? Of course, he must be behind this horrendous conspiracy. After all, some told us so vehemently that he was this great big mafia don and that he was controlling Indian cricket. The same crowd also told us he was responsible for Dravid's resignation from kaptaani because mafioso #1 wanted captaincy. After all, Sachin Carleone is the test captain today isn't he? :laugh: Some people here should write for Balaji telefilms. :bird:

So SRT is getting gaalis because he got retained and not RD/SCG? Of course' date=' he [b']must be behind this horrendous conspiracy. After all, some told us so vehemently that he was this great big mafia don and that he was controlling Indian cricket. The same crowd also told us he was responsible for Dravid's resignation from kaptaani because mafioso #1 wanted captaincy. After all, Sachin Carleone is the test captain today isn't he? :laugh: Some people here should write for Balaji telefilms. :bird:
Dude, I am not saying SRT is behind all of this. I am saying the selectors are a confused bunch. Tomorrow, if SRT fails in an ODI series, do you drop him saying he is out of form and he isn't as good a fielder as Raina? That's BS. Either you consider WC 2011 as the be all and end all of ODI cricket or you consider CB series as something really important. If the latter then include at least 2 (or even all 3) of RD, SG and VVS. If it's the former then give a farewell series (or two) to RD, SG and SRT. (This of course assumes that RD, SG and SRT don't want to play WC 2011).
Guest HariSampath
If SRT thinks that he cannot play WC 2011' date=' then there really isn't too much point in carrying on. I hope the selectors talk to him about this and make sure that he retires after Champions Trophy 2008. [b']And if SRT deserves to play till Champions Trophy 2008, then so do SG and RD (provided they perform in the next couple of series).
Sachin will play as long as he is fit, and performing well. That has NOTHING to do with SG and RD, who have been dropped once and forever. No more ODIs for SG and RD , its over.
Dude' date=' I am not saying SRT is behind all of this. I am saying the selectors are a confused bunch. Tomorrow, if SRT fails in an ODI series, do you drop him saying he is out of form and he isn't as good a fielder as Raina? That's BS. Either you consider WC 2011 as the be all and end all of ODI cricket or you consider CB series as something really important. If the latter then include at least 2 (or even all 3) of RD, SG and VVS. If it's the former then give a farewell series (or two) to RD, SG and SRT. (This of course assumes that RD, SG and SRT don't want to play WC 2011).[/quote'] I wasn't referring to you. My post was aimed at some conspiracy theorists here who think Dravid is the poor down trodden hero and Tendulkar is the evil scheming dastardly mafioso who apparently takes out suparis for certain cricketers and is the dark lord of Indian cricket. :laugh: