Team Line up for Adelaide test

Guest Hiten.

Brink Karthik in place of Jaffer. No big changes are required. In fact I don't mind going with Jaffer either' date=' he will come good. Winning team combination shouldn't really be changed. Sehwag can chip in with his spin bowling as a 5th bowler option.[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up:

You don't tinker with a side that just registered it's greatest test win ever. I'd love to squeeze Harbhajan Singh into the side but think he's going to have to sit out. Keep Jaffer going. Kumble and Sehwag between them can exploit whatever turn exists in the pitch. My fear is we see Pathan open instead of Jaffer to accommodate Harbhajan. Bad move I reckon. Pathan's runs are a bonus. The moment you impose top line batsman status you're adding needless pressure.

nah I like Laxman coming in at number 6' date=' especially now that Veeru will open. Only debate should be Jaffa/KKD.[/quote'] yeh but when he is at 6, he has to play with the tail, so he cant play his natural game. needs to farm the strike and stuff he is in such good batting form we need to give the greatest time at the crease

Team Line up for Adelaide test we are 3 dayz away from the start of the final test.. what is your line up?? herez mine Sehwag Jaffer --yes again because we don't have better replacement in this squad for him..there is one actually, which is Aakash Chopra, but guy is sitting in India Laxman Tendulkar Dravid Ganguly Dhoni Pathan Kumble R.P Ishant wat say??

Sehwag Jaffer --yes again because we don't have better replacement in this squad for him..there is one actually, which is Aakash Chopra, but guy is sitting in India (Chopra wud have been good but now not sure with what we have... maybe HS or KKD instead of WJ will work better) Laxman Tendulkar Dravid Ganguly Dhoni Pathan Kumble R.P Ishant

fineleg, i know offcourse kkd would be getting a chance here or if not the harbhajan is getting a chance for sure.. either one would be happening as per rumourz are going on.. though just if i had to pick the team, for me it would be jaffer again as there is not aakash chopra or other good player in teh squad..

I would play 5 bowlers.... we need to go for the kill.... i dont care if we lose the series 3-1, but we need to go all guns blazing.... in this form, i think Bajji is more valuable than Jaffer with bat, ball and field.... i would play him over jaffer, open with Dravid once more... inclusion of pathan anyways has lengthened the batting lineup.... a bowling lineup of RP, Pathan and Irfan followed by Kumble and Bajji gives us the maximum chance to take 20 wkts...

I would play 5 bowlers.... we need to go for the kill.... i dont care if we lose the series 3-1, but we need to go all guns blazing.... in this form, i think Bajji is more valuable than Jaffer with bat, ball and field.... i would play him over jaffer, open with Dravid once more... inclusion of pathan anyways has lengthened the batting lineup.... a bowling lineup of RP, Pathan and Irfan followed by Kumble and Bajji gives us the maximum chance to take 20 wkts...
I second that. For all the hype around the Indian bowlers we need to remember that RP leaks 4+ runs an over, Ishant is still learning how to bowl to LHB (and can be inconsistent), IP is not much effective with the old ball and AK hasn't been at his best in the last 2 tests. And add to the fact that Adelaide is going to be more of a spinning pitch than a seaming pitch, and WJ has done nothing in this series (and his replacement is KKD). I would play 5 bowlers. But, if we play 4 bowlers it will still be a sound strategy as dropping an opening batsman has its own risks.